Ghosts film sad moment :(

Sparkle7MJ

Proud Member
I saw the film Ghosts on tv long time ago & the saddest moment was when Michael smashed his face into the floor :( I cried:(,

What are your thoughts :) ?

From Sparkle7Mj. :)

Before he died, I'd find it bittersweet. It was sad because he showed us what he thought "If I die, they'll stop breaking my b*lls." Looking at the mayor with that sad/angry facial expression that meant "You happy now ?" while his face is falling apart.

On the other hand, the fact he'd come back like "Hehe, try again b*tches !" was funny. It is still funny, but now it kinda hurts because he cannot come back. I have a lump in my throat while thinking of the aforementioned sad/angry facial expression.

Last edited:
Sparkle7MJ, When I read the title of your thread, I had a feeling that was
the scene you were referring to. Its the one that came to my mind too.

:thinking: He was surely making a point there.
As if to say, "this is what your ridicule has done to me but it wont keep me down."

Hands down the saddest part in Ghosts is when the mirror comes of the Mayors stomach (after Michael took over his body), and whilst looking in it Michael says things like freak, freaky boy, etc.
When he said those things I'm sure that in reality he was only saying the things he knew that many people said/felt about himself. :cry:

When Michael fell down and crumbed into dust was also for me the saddest moment - everytime I watched the film. But I knew! - he will come back. Anyway - till today I´m afraid of this scene.

We know it´s a pattern which MJ played with in a humorous way in some of his films - Thriller:D, Speed Demon, Moonwalker:jump:..............

And you know what? Sometimes I pray and I hope I´m still trapped in a horrifying nightmare - but later I will wake up, the nightmare seemed to last more than 7 and a half years, but now all is okay, Michael is going to perform the first TII-shows and I´m looking forward to my date in London in September.........................

Last edited:
To this day, I still can not watch him smashing his face, I have to look away every time that scene comes on

That is indeed THE 'saddest' moment and my heart always breaks when I watch it. It's like if I would have been 'on the scene' on that moment, I would have 'ruined' the take as I would have leaped onto the scene to 'save' him.

Then again, it's only a movie there and we know he'd come back. Wish it would be like that for 'real' too! :blush:

To me the "dust scene" is so sad mainly because Maestro is actively crushing his face while looking at the townspeople / mayor.
The face that Michael has been criticised for so long. The scene reminds me of these lines in "Is it Scary" where he sings:

And if you wanna see

Eccentric oddities

I'll be grotesque before your eyes

That scene is very sad, I think what gets us all is the truth behind it all... The whole movie is metaphorically what he lived!

Considering that I agree with pretty much every post in this thread, I would probably have to quote them all. Will refrain from it though and just reiterate what has already been said - the whole video is a metaphor for Michael's public struggles and the perception of many.

One only needs to read the lyrics to so many of the songs on HIStory + Is it scary and Ghosts to see that the man was painfully aware of people's horrible impressions of him. Listening to him express his anger, rage and disappointment only reinforces that. Seeing it play out on the screen within the Ghosts story takes it all to an even more obvious level.

And although I won't quote every single post in here, I will go ahead and post a couple :blush:

FlyMeToTheMoon;4180879 said:
When Michael fell down and crumbed into dust was also for me the saddest moment - everytime I watched the film. But I knew! - he will come back. Anyway - till today I´m afraid of this scene.

We know it´s a pattern which MJ played with in a humorous way in some of his films - Thriller:D, Speed Demon, Moonwalker:jump:..............

And you know what? Sometimes I pray and I hope I´m still trapped in a horrifying nightmare - but later I will wake up, the nightmare seemed to last more than 7 and a half years, but now all is okay, Michael is going to perform the first TII-shows and I´m looking forward to my date in London in September.........................

Daryll748;4181378 said:
That is indeed THE 'saddest' moment and my heart always breaks when I watch it. It's like if I would have been 'on the scene' on that moment, I would have 'ruined' the take as I would have leaped onto the scene to 'save' him.

Then again, it's only a movie there and we know he'd come back. Wish it would be like that for 'real' too! :blush:

Indeed, the sudden, but expected return of the hero and the happy ending is a typically American thing which Michael used gloriously in his films. How awful that it couldn't be a reality of life also.............

I can watch it, but it's always hard. I keep thinking "Don't go". Every time.

Same here. Every time I watch the scene I think: “Michael, don’t go. I want you to stay”.

I agree, it is a sad moment. I haven't watched Ghosts in its entirety in years (its probably one of my least favorite videos) but, it does pull at my heart strings :yes:

Back