The MJ Vevo Certified Thread

MJJ'slilgrl

Proud Member
Hi, guys.

I thought it would be easier to post all of the songs that are nearing 100 million views on YouTube here, that way, we don't have to keep making new threads.

The next video to break 100 million is Hold my Hand.

It's currently sitting at 83,138,344 views, and after that is Beat It at 82,554,180 views.

It would be great if all of Michael's short films and music videos could all break 100 million. I know that's asking a lot, but I bet we can do it. What I've been doing is having the video open in a different tab, refreshing it whenever it's finished.

It would be great if we could keep posting updates on the views :)

Great thread. I think this should be a sticky thread.

What I've been doing is having the video open in a different tab, refreshing it whenever it's finished.

:)

Sorry, but can you explain to me what his achieves please?

Sure it's great if his videos achieve record breaking views (I guess), but surely it's meaningless if it's just people pressing refresh.

It's like me going out any buying 10 million copies of Xscape and going 'Look, Xscape has sold 10 million!'

I heavily agree with Tony. We don't need to try and "force" the videos to reach 100m. As it's not a true way to measure how many people really viewed the video, and when it says it reached 100m views, it would be nice to know that 100m DIFFERENT people viewed it. :)

Michael's already a Vevo legend. The only act with 100M+ videos from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s!

I agree with Tony. Whilst one person refreshing would make up only a very small percentage, it takes away from the achievement of 100 million views. Let it get there naturally.

In other news Thriller has hit 380 million views on YouTube.
This video came out decades ago, but is on it's way to having 400 million views on a modern streaming service.
If I wasn't seeing it I couldn't believe it.
Slay King!

^ Jam deserves to be higher too. It only has 32 something million views. Imo that's one of MJ's best songs and music videos. It should be closer to a 100m views.

I guess I never really thought about it that way, Tony.
My view was that 100 million views was 100 million, regardless. But, it does make sense to want to get there naturally :) and I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Deserves to be higher:

Smooth Criminal 65,421,061
It is really surprising SC is so down (the best video ever IMO) as it is one of his most iconic songs and videos. I think the reason is possibly that there have been quite a big number of fan uploads of this video so it might have cannibalized VEVO's views for this video.

Eg. here is a fan upload with over 15 million views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58Hg5jtjAM
Another one with 3.4 million: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWu_htIxYtM

I vaugely remember an upload that actually had more views than the VEVO one - maybe it has been deleted since.

Not sure if they are available in your region but when I searched 'Smooth Criminal', I got...
1. The long version with 65.5 million, you mention this.
2. A fan-uploaded lyric video with 45.4 million views.
3. Short version, official. 62.7 million views.
4. Fan uploaded, Live performance from HIStory tour in Munich. 86.9 million views (Thumbnail is Michael doing the anti-gravity lean, would've helped views heaps!)
5. Fan uploaded, Live performance from Bad tour at Wembley, 3.9 million views.

I also remember that a fan had uploaded an "HD" version that had plenty of views too, but it's gone for me as well so it was either deleted by the author or taken down with a copyright claim.

There's clearly a lot of demand for Smooth Criminal, it's just fragmented and distributed all over the place.

Hold My Hand is still in the lead with 83,169,352 views.
Beat It is at 82,628,057 views, which is strange, as I thought that would have more.

Smooth Criminal was removed and re-uploaded in 2010 so that's why it has so few views compared to what would be expected. There was also a live version from the Bucharest release which had almost 80M I think, that was removed too.

Right now longform SC is blocked in:

Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
South Korea
Malaysia
Peru
Philippines
Singapore
Thailand
Taiwan
Venezuela
Vietnam

while the shortform SC video is blocked in:

Austria
Belgium
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Spain
United Kingdom
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Serbia
Russia
Sweden
Turkey

...which retard both from getting more daily views. The most viewed MJ videos daily are:

1. The Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)
2. Billie Jean
3. Thriller
4. Black or White
5. Beat It (200M+ version)
6. Remember The Time
7. The Way You Make Me Feel
8. Bad
9. Smooth Criminal (Long Version)
10. Earth Song
11. DSTYGE
12. Rock With You

So far

1. Thriller 380,108,791
2. They Don't Care About Us (Brazil version) 288,023,853
3. Billie Jean 262,548,386
4. Beat It 208,061,571
5. Remember The Time 187,948,888
6. The Way You Make Me Feel 178,679,134
7. Bad (short version) 177,316,703
8. Love Never Felt So Good (fear. Justin Timberlake) 161,021,161
9. Black or White 159,494,606
10. Earth Song 121,828,153
11. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 108,796,185
12. You Are Not Alone 103,511,644
13. You Rock My World 100,371,827

-----

Next up: Hold My Hand 83,152,680

Deserves to be higher:

Smooth Criminal 65,421,061
Scream 63,668,699
Leave Me Alone 25,172,404

It is really surprising SC is so down (the best video ever IMO) as it is one of his most iconic songs and videos. I think the reason is possibly that there have been quite a big number of fan uploads of this video so it might have cannibalized VEVO's views for this video.

Eg. here is a fan upload with over 15 million views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f58Hg5jtjAM
Another one with 3.4 million: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWu_htIxYtM

I vaugely remember an upload that actually had more views than the VEVO one - maybe it has been deleted since.

And Scream is so underrated. I recently started to appriciate the genius of that video.

And LMA is easily among my very fave MJ videos. It is definitely in my Top 5. So underrated. I love the self-irony in it.

The video wasn't a fan made video, it was an Alien Ant Farm cover of it that somehow got more views than the original version.

respect77;4181257 said:
Beat It has two versions on VEVO.

One has 208,227,279 views, the other 82,629,423. Put together it would be 2nd behind Thriller.

I wonder if anything will happen when the other Beat It reaches 100 million? It is a separate link, but they are the same music video. If it was just under one link, it wouldn't be celebrated as they don't celebrate videos reaching the 200 million view mark...

FortéFord;4181280 said:
The video wasn't a fan made video, it was an Alien Ant Farm cover of it that somehow got more views than the original version.

MMmm I don't think that's the one Respect is referring to. I too recall that when you typed in 'Smooth Criminal', someone had uploaded a version from the Moonwalker Blu-ray that had tens and tens and tens of millions of views, more-so than the official Vevo version. I believe that is what Respect is referring to, but it's no longer there. Definitely used to be.

Smooth Criminal has over 100.000.000 views finally!!!!

Next one is Heal The World!

Visited the Vevo page yesterday, wondering why "Ghosts" (either long form or short form) is not there.

Visited the Vevo page yesterday, wondering why "Ghosts" (either long form or short form) is not there.

It's there.

9txwhpk.png

9x99E55.png

Does anybody know what other non short films video of Michael has the highest number of views on Youtube?
I'm thinking of special performances, concerts, TV shows, interviews, specials...

Does anybody know what other non short films video of Michael has the highest number of views on Youtube?
I'm thinking of special performances, concerts, TV shows, interviews, specials...

If the Youtube's filter by view count is accurate, the ones below rank high among his music videos and some random uploads tagged "michael jackson"

Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone - Live Munich 1997 - Widescreen HD - 62M
Michael Jackson "Billie Jean" 30th Anniversary Madison Square Garden NY - 49M
Michael Jackson Billie Jean Live 1997 Munich -49M
Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us - Live Munich 1997- Widescreen HD - 33M
Michael Jackson Best MoonWalk Ever!! [HD] - 30M
Michael Jackson - Super Bowl (Complete Version) (HQ) - 25M
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean Live in Brunei - Royal Concert 1996 Best Quality [HD] - 24M
michael jackson - billie jean live first time moonwalk - 18M
We Are the World - Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson - 16M
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana (Live) - 14M
Michael Jackson - Fun at Neverland - 7.8M
Jackson Five e Michael Jackson Performance 1983 - 7.7M
Michael Jackson and Britney Spears HD - 7.6M
Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley - 1994 MTV Video Music Award Opening - 5.7M

I just wish Eminem's Just Lose It music video does not appear when you type "michael jackson" but it's there with 182 million views. :no::no::no:

Not sure if they are available in your region but when I searched 'Smooth Criminal', I got...
1. The long version with 65.5 million, you mention this.
2. A fan-uploaded lyric video with 45.4 million views.
3. Short version, official. 62.7 million views.
4. Fan uploaded, Live performance from HIStory tour in Munich. 86.9 million views (Thumbnail is Michael doing the anti-gravity lean, would've helped views heaps!)
5. Fan uploaded, Live performance from Bad tour at Wembley, 3.9 million views

This one has 170 million views now!

:mj6:

If the Youtube's filter by view count is accurate, the ones below rank high among his music videos and some random uploads tagged "michael jackson"

Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone - Live Munich 1997 - Widescreen HD - 62M
Michael Jackson "Billie Jean" 30th Anniversary Madison Square Garden NY - 49M
Michael Jackson Billie Jean Live 1997 Munich -49M
Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us - Live Munich 1997- Widescreen HD - 33M
Michael Jackson Best MoonWalk Ever!! [HD] - 30M
Michael Jackson - Super Bowl (Complete Version) (HQ) - 25M
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean Live in Brunei - Royal Concert 1996 Best Quality [HD] - 24M
michael jackson - billie jean live first time moonwalk - 18M
We Are the World - Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson - 16M
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana (Live) - 14M
Michael Jackson - Fun at Neverland - 7.8M
Jackson Five e Michael Jackson Performance 1983 - 7.7M
Michael Jackson and Britney Spears HD - 7.6M
Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley - 1994 MTV Video Music Award Opening - 5.7M

Not a complete overview but I also see:

USA For Africa - We Are The World - 190M
Michael Jackson Pepsi Generation - 70M
Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson - 38M
Michael Jackson Beat It Live In Munich HIStory World Tour - 35M
Michael Jackson - Dangerous - Live Munich 1997 - HD - 30M
Michael Jackson - We Are The World (HQ) - 17M (this is the Superbowl performance)
Michael Jackson performing at the Oscars - 15M
Michael Jackson Billie Jean HD720p - 14M (this is the Motown performance)
The Mysterious Death of Michael Jackson - 13M (uploaded by "Alltime Conspiracies")
Michael Jackson Moonwalk collection - 13M
Michael Jackson's Best Dance Moves - 11M

There are also quite a few lyrics videos with tens of millions of views (MITM 46M, Billie Jean 31M, Thriller 26M, YANA 26M, etc.).

Most watched interviews seem to be:

20/20 Michael Jackson Interview (1980) - 3.6M
Michael Jackson Rare Interview February 25 1983 - 2.4M
Michael Jackson Oprah Winfrey Interview Full - 1.9M
Michael Jackson on 60 Minutes - 1.1M
Ebony/JET Interview of Michael Jackson November 13, 1987 - 1M

Keep in mind though that MJ's interviews are uploaded many times on different channels and a lot of them have tens or even hundreds of thousands of views.

Edit: here you can find an overview on VEVO stats etc. : http://kworb.net/youtube/archive.html

Last edited:
Heal The World has reached 100 million views as well! :)

Next up is Rock With You which is projected to reach 100 million by mid-December.

Back