MJ Collaboration with STOMP - Nelson Mandela Tribute Song? Any info?

mnwlkr

Proud Member
Hi guys, I have written about this on another part of this forum and have not received much feedback so thought I'd post it here. Now I have to be very careful with what I say and please use your intuition about why I have to be a little cryptic. I recently heard an unfinished and (obviously) unreleased MJ track. The track was made around the mid 90's and was intended to be a tribute to Nelson Mandela. Apparently Brad Buxer was sent to Sth Africa to get approval but Mandelas people said no. The track starts with MJ doing a very long spoken intro (approx 2 mins) where one of the lines I remember was "Where survival of the fittest is replaced by survival of the wisest". MJ says "Let us dream" about 10 times also. I dont know what the actual title of the track is but "Let us Dream" is possible. After the spoken intro it goes into this awesome beat being played by STOMP (think loud metal bin lids and stomping on the floor). Sounds amazing and very funky. Sadly, no lead vocals were recorded.

Does anyone know anything more about this track? Please dont ask me where I heard it but just use your intuition.

Electro, its people like you who dont make this forum enjoyable by not respecting peoples wishes. I heard the song through some speakers.

Electro, its people like you who dont make this forum enjoyable by not respecting peoples wishes. I heard the song through some speakers.

I'd say that was 'the pot calling the kettle black'. Disappointed.

Such a wonderful forum to come to. Not sure why I bothered to share such information with you all.

Hi guys, I have written about this on another part of this forum and have not received much feedback so thought I'd post it here. Now I have to be very careful with what I say and please use your intuition about why I have to be a little cryptic. I recently heard an unfinished and (obviously) unreleased MJ track. The track was made around the mid 90's and was intended to be a tribute to Nelson Mandela. Apparently Brad Buxer was sent to Sth Africa to get approval but Mandelas people said no. The track starts with MJ doing a very long spoken intro (approx 2 mins) where one of the lines I remember was "Where survival of the fittest is replaced by survival of the wisest". MJ says "Let us dream" about 10 times also. I dont know what the actual title of the track is but "Let us Dream" is possible. After the spoken intro it goes into this awesome beat being played by STOMP (think loud metal bin lids and stomping on the floor). Sounds amazing and very funky. Sadly, no lead vocals were recorded.

Does anyone know anything more about this track? Please dont ask me where I heard it but just use your intuition.

It's called "Faces" Recorded 1994.

I also listened to a track called "Jane Is A Groupie". Its pretty much a demo where MJ sings the same line over and over. Still sounds amazing in a demo state.

I also listened to a track called "Jane Is A Groupie". Its pretty much a demo where MJ sings the same line over and over. Still sounds amazing in a demo state.

That's a Sly and the Family Stone song. MJ was a big fan of them.

I've heard the first few lines of the "Hot Fun In The Summertime" cover.

That's a Sly and the Family Stone song. MJ was a big fan of them.

I've heard the first few lines of the "Hot Fun In The Summertime" cover.

Are the vocals finished for that song? - I think there was some talk about that song up to the release of Xscape or Michael - so maybe it is in a releaseable state??

D'Angelo and Mary J. Blige were employed to finish off Hot Fun in the Summertime, so I'd imagine that one is barely finished. I recall hearing something from Michael Prince saying MJ only recorded a few lines as well.

Faces sounds interesting. I adore Stomp and I'd love to hear what Michael attempted.

This is why I always laugh off any claims that the unreleased vault is wearing thin. We're constantly finding out about songs we didn't previously know existed. Even though most of them are incomplete, it furthers the idea that the vault has more than most of us previously considered.

Lighten up a bit... i don't really care that or where you heard it, but you called for that question. :D

Last edited:
Back