What are ur thoughts ???? =).

From Sparkle7MJ

Sparkle7MJ;4182329 said:
Hi There :)

i wanted to know why Michael choose Bashier to interview him ???? :unsure:

I kinda felt bad for michael :wub:

What are ur thoughts ???? =).

From Sparkle7MJ

It is said that it was Uri Geller who played a key role in the first connection between MJ & Martin Bashir (for shooting that interview).

Martin Bashir seemingly approached Uri Geller (who was very close to MJ at that time) & asked him to talk MJ into making that interview.

Eventually, MJ himself was persuaded by Bashir’s promise about a positive & honest depiction of his life, especially in a very critical period for MJ’s career:

"… Martin Bashir persuaded me to trust him that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life, and told me he was 'the man that turned Diana's life around…" (Michael Jackson)

I also felt really bad for Michael as well. I absolutely hate the damn guy with a passion. And he to me is partially to blame for where Michael is now. Look at what happen after he did that interview. Those damn fcking allegations happen to Michael again. I was around 22 or 23 years old when Michael did that interview with him. When I still have a very clear memory of the first allegations. I really don't want to remember since I had spent that first week crying nearly non stop since this was happening to him again. And about 2 weeks after those 2nd allegations came out. I became violently ill over that. But at least in 2004 I did get to have my little fun. When I did my little computer drawing of Sneddon behind bars. While D.S. was playing non stop. I wasn't just playing that song. I was practically blasting that song. Because that song needed to be blasted. As I did my drawing of Sneddon. I still have that drawing. And I also have this wanted style poster I did. Of both Sneddon and Diamond were on that wanted poster. And I still have no regrets of doing that. Because both of them deserved it. Believe me I was extremely angry that this was happening to Michael again. Every single time I think about those days. It just makes me all the more angrier towards all of the people that were never nice to him. Makes me think about that horrible nightmare that I had back in May of 2005. Where I was with him walking down this dark tunnel. Then all of these videos suddenly started to show up. Where people like Tom Sneddon and Diane Diamond were celebrating that they got the child molester. Then this police car showed up to take Michael to prison. I was crying and screaming at the police that Michael is innocent. He would never ever do this. But the police just ignored me and took him away to prison. I woke from that nightmare. Wondering if that was a premonition telling me of what was to come. Then a month later I was glad to know that nightmare did not came true for me. But none of that wouldn't have happen. If Martin was a decent enough person to do a really good interview with Michael. Kind of like how Oprah was to Michael when she interviewed him. Martin Bashir or Bashit was what I was calling him at the time. I find is a truly evil person. Not caring at all of who they hurt. Or whose lives they might destroyed. Just as long as it makes them more money. And money is all people like him care about. There are special places in hell for people like Bashit. When his time comes I seriously hope he enjoys his eternal time in hell.

I also felt really bad for Michael as well. I absolutely hate the damn guy with a passion. And he to me is partially to blame for where Michael is now. Look at what happen after he did that interview. Those damn fcking allegations happen to Michael again. I was around 22 or 23 years old when Michael did that interview with him. When I still have a very clear memory of the first allegations. I really don't want to remember since I had spent that first week crying nearly non stop since this was happening to him again. And about 2 weeks after those 2nd allegations came out. I became violently ill over that. But at least in 2004 I did get to have my little fun. When I did my little computer drawing of Sneddon behind bars. While D.S. was playing non stop. I wasn't just playing that song. I was practically blasting that song. Because that song needed to be blasted. As I did my drawing of Sneddon. I still have that drawing. And I also have this wanted style poster I did. Of both Sneddon and Diamond were on that wanted poster. And I still have no regrets of doing that. Because both of them deserved it. Believe me I was extremely angry that this was happening to Michael again. Every single time I think about those days. It just makes me all the more angrier towards all of the people that were never nice to him. Makes me think about that horrible nightmare that I had back in May of 2005. Where I was with him walking down this dark tunnel. Then all of these videos suddenly started to show up. Where people like Tom Sneddon and Diane Diamond were celebrating that they got the child molester. Then this police car showed up to take Michael to prison. I was crying and screaming at the police that Michael is innocent. He would never ever do this. But the police just ignored me and took him away to prison. I woke from that nightmare. Wondering if that was a premonition telling me of what was to come. Then a month later I was glad to know that nightmare did not came true for me. But none of that wouldn't have happen. If Martin was a decent enough person to do a really good interview with Michael. Kind of like how Oprah was to Michael when she interviewed him. Martin Bashir or Bashit was what I was calling him at the time. I find is a truly evil person. Not caring at all of who they hurt. Or whose lives they might destroyed. Just as long as it makes them more money. And money is all people like him care about. There are special places in hell for people like Bashit. When his time comes I seriously hope he enjoys his eternal time in hell.

Yeah I hated him to a degree like everyone else, not only that Bashir tried to assasinate Michael's life with that godforbidden documentary, to me Sneddon, Dimond "Demon", Chandlers, Arvizos and the haters wanted more than wanting him in prison, they wanted him dead, well I wish the same amoung them. Uri Gellar is partly the blame for what happened to Michael, if he hadn't got that Bashir b@$^@#% to interview Michael, all that crap wouldn't have happened, I bet he regrets all this for the rest of his life. Before the verdict came along I had a nervous thought if Michael did end up in prison, I know he'll never survive and end up dead in there and I would suffer the rest of my life with severe pain, anger and hatred. I would've hated the entire world and I would've blame those wanted Michael gone and I'd still wish the same to them, because that's what they wanted. They make my blood boil over and over and over.

Speaking of the wanted poster style you mentioned, I thought of co-working on a comic of myself as a bounty hunter (inspired by Dog The Bounty Hunter) when I wanted to catch the likes of Sneddon, Demon, DISGrace, the Chandlers, the Arvizos, then added Robson and STABchuck, but to those whom are already dead are slashed away. But alas, after just one page, the comic never progressed.

I didn't hate Martin Bashir at all. I personally admire him.
If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of the interview was to portray Jackson as he honestly lived.
I think that's what Bashir did.
Michael himself was very open about his relationships with children, that's an honest part of his life.
I feel like people hate him because they think he made Michael look bad when the truth is, that's just how Michael was. Sleepovers were apparently a very normal thing for Jackson, so Bashir portrayed it.

Personally, I didn't like the interview.
It just seemed very odd and I don't believe Michael was well when this interview took place. He was clearly under the influence of some type of drug.

Deliberately manipulative and suggestive voice-overs and narrations are not an "honest" portrayal of anyone. For God's sake, even Gavin Arvizo said it was not a honest portrayal of MJ and that Bashir twisted things. Even Gavin Arvizo! And you think everything was alright with that portrayal? I guess you aren't too well skilled in detecting deliberately manipulative media techniques then.

The scene that everyone gets up in arms about is when Michael and Gavin are holding hands, discussing how they spent a night together. Did Martin not have a reason to be concerned about that? Where's the cover up in that?

I think Michael is innocent, but the way I saw the documentary, it was showing into his life.
Maybe his everyday life wasn't as eccentric as it was portrayed, but it touched on moments, and those moments, did happen.

Connection..

Bashir wants interview > Uri introduces Bashir to Michael as the guy that interviewed Princes Diana > Michaels thinks, well if Princess Diana trusted him and seem to have worked out.. "I can"...

I didn't hate Martin Bashir at all. I personally admire him.
If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of the interview was to portray Jackson as he honestly lived.
I think that's what Bashir did.
Michael himself was very open about his relationships with children, that's an honest part of his life.
I feel like people hate him because they think he made Michael look bad when the truth is, that's just how Michael was. Sleepovers were apparently a very normal thing for Jackson, so Bashir portrayed it.

Personally, I didn't like the interview.
It just seemed very odd and I don't believe Michael was well when this interview took place. He was clearly under the influence of some type of drug.

Judge-Judy-Cringe.gif

Bashit was caught by Hamid Moslehi's cameras praising Michael's parenting, the relationship he had with hid children and what he said in LWMJ was that they were overly protected and were suffering. Hamid's cameras also caught him telling him how beautiful Neverland was, how selfless Michael was to invite children in need into his home but in LWMJ said it was dangerous place children shouldn't go to. Just to point out a few examples how that SOB lured Michael to trust him but mercilessly stab him in the back at the end. Bashit never intended to show the real man as he claimed but using him to feed the media's interests and scale positions at Michael's expense; I bet that so called letter lady Diana "wrote to him" was forged because that interview was in fact damaging for her.

C'mon now. What is it that you do not realize in Bashir's deliberately one-sided and manipulative narration? Even Gavin acknowledged that fact and you want to deny it? Interesting. Not saying MJ couldn't have been smarter in that interview, but here we are talking about whether Bashir did something wrong or not. To claim there was nothing wrong with what Bashir did is turning a blind eye on blatantly manipulative and unethical journalism. Many people called out Bashir on that - and not just fans. It's blatantly obvious what Bashir was doing there to anyone who has just a little skill to detect media manipulation, instead of just falling for it.

Here is what Gavin said about Bashir on the stand:

Gavin of all people said what Bashir said in that documentary was not true and that it was wrong. And some of MJ's own fans want to say Bashir did nothing wrong and try to excuse him? SMH.

Yes, MJ had some poor judgement in that documentary but that doesn't mean Bashir didn't do anything wrong when he, in fact, took advantage of MJ and his poor judgement and was manipulating both MJ and his public. He went there with a certain agenda.

I deny nothing. But I do not fully blame Bashir as others do for the problems that arose as a result of the documentary.
Two each their own opinion.

No, your initial post wasn't about "not fully blaming Bashir" but not blaming him at all and fully putting all blame on MJ. Acc. to you Bashir did a great job and you even expressed admiration for him. When what he did was unethical and wrong by any objective journalistic standard, not just by MJ fans' standard.

As I've said before, two each their own opinion.

^^You can't even backup with FACTS how MB was honest in Michael's portrayal. Your opinion has no merit if you can't sustain what you're claiming then.

I'll say this, I still go back to the interview time to time because it simply shows a lot of Michael. More so than any other interview!! NOW, that said Bashir had a complete agenda anyone that doesn't have there head up there @$$ can see it.. the editing, the dubbed words between interviews throwing shade/doubt. "I felt very uneasy after this interview.." type sh!t when in all actuality he sits and praises Michael to his face.. and how he shows himself sitting, looking off into the distance at the beach as he prepares to "confront" Michael like he's a warrior of truth when all he's doing is lying... (even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was being honest to the public) he LIED to Micahel.. OR he lied to us (the public) about how he felt.. No matter how you view it, it's shady and unethical.

I actually heard so many bad things about this that I was too discouraged to watch it and I am not sure I want to...
I might watch it sometime, though.

If these comments from this article are true, it convinces me more and more such letter "thanking" that sleezebag for the interview was never written by Lady Diana. It was damaging for Diana, the royal family and it broke more the relationship she had wirh them.

Princess Diana 'deeply regretted' infamous Martin Bashir interview, former aide reveals

Princess Diana "deeply regretted" giving the infamous television interview in which she discussed Prince Charles’ extra-marital affairs, her former private secretary has disclosed.

Patrick Jephson revealed the Princess of Wales almost immediately began to question if she should have taken part in the BBC Panorama programmeeven before it aired.

During the hour-long interview in 1995, the effects of which damaged the reputation of the Royal family, the princess spoke frankly for the first time about her separation from the Prince of Wales.

"I think by the time of the broadcast, she deeply regretted it, not least because it did nothing to advance her cause" -Patrick Jephson

But Mr Jephson has now disclosed that Diana, who told him about the interview a week before the broadcast, was "not at all confident about what she had done".

He told the Mail on Sunday: "I think the scales fell from her eyes and suddenly what had been rather a subversive or daring scheme - or however they [the BBC] had dressed it up for her - it suddenly in the cold light of day didn't look like such a good idea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...y-regretted-infamous-martin-bashir-interview/

I just quoted essentially how she allegedly felt.

Sarah Ferguson blames Bashir for Diana's death, as well as Michael's.
I do too. I'd never read this regret article, but I watched this interview in the US after she died and still can't believe she fell for saying the things she did. It led to their divorce, she lost the protection of the royal family, she became even more of a massive target for the public and paps and it killed her.

I despise that Bashir guy. I felt so sad and upset while watching the interview because it felt pretty intrusive. It was very uncomfortable to watch. I just enjoyed being able to see Michael's beautiful self.

The story I always heard was that Bashir showed Michael a letter supposedly written by Princess Diana, thanking Bashir for his work on a documentary about her. That letter is what started Bashir's work with Michael...only for the supposed "journalist" to edit his footage into a malicious trash piece. :(

I believe that Louis Theroux wanted to interview him, but that Michael went with Bashir on Uri Gellar's recommendation.
Louis always gives a much more fair and balanced portrait of his subjects, and is not into media sensationalism the same was Bashir seemingly is/was so it would've been interesting what kind of portrait the Theroux documentary would've painted and how different history could've been. Michael may even still be with us today.

^Theroux also interviewed Joe Jackson and Majestic Magnificent to get answers about Michael. Joe showed countless times he didn't know what was going on with his son, neither being close to him. I don't if it would have been equally disastrous to LWMJ but definitely not fair piece for Michael eirher.

This thing never should have happened

but MJ was trying to restore/repair his image, particularly in the united states.

This thing never should have happened

but MJ was trying to restore/repair his image, particularly in the united states.
True, and to be honest, no one could rightfully blame him for that desire. But as often happened before, Michael placed his trust in the wrong people. His handlers convinced him to allow the 1993 settlement, even though Michael himself wanted to fight it. If memory serves, I think Tom Mesereau quoted Michael as saying that first choice was a huge mistake. Bashir was just like the rest of them, egotistical and cruel. A real friend would've shown the truth, even if the ratings sucked.

Scream;4183033 said:
I believe that Louis Theroux wanted to interview him, but that Michael went with Bashir on Uri Gellar's recommendation.
Louis always gives a much more fair and balanced portrait of his subjects, and is not into media sensationalism the same was Bashir seemingly is/was so it would've been interesting what kind of portrait the Theroux documentary would've painted and how different history could've been. Michael may even still be with us today.

Louis Theroux wanted to interview MJ, but MJ did the right thing by cutting him off immediately.

Louis Theroux himself proved that he was into media sensationalism (probably even more than Bashir was) by the questions he posed to Joe Jackson (in an interview that took place after some time) about MJ’s physical image & sexual life.

Remember for example, in that particular interview, Theroux’s ridiculous & rather insulting suggestions to his father (about “a boyfriend” as a possible MJ’s partner), or Theroux’s obsessive interest on MJ’s nose.

Wouldn't mind Theroux making LWMJ instead. In fact I'd prefer it, I've enjoyed a few of his documentaries.

Assuming the absolute worst about him, how much worse could it have really have been? Bashir's version lead to a child molestation trial for Pete's sake.

Last edited:
The compliments about Theroux really surprise me. I wasn't really aware he was a real documentarian, much less gave fair and balanced reports.
The only one I've seen was with Joe Jackson, etc. and found it accidentally on YouTube. And it was as hideous as Bashir's.

The compliments about Theroux really surprise me. I wasn't really aware he was a real documentarian, much less gave fair and balanced reports.
The only one I've seen was with Joe Jackson, etc. and found it accidentally on YouTube. And it was as hideous as Bashir's.

I haven't seen some of his material in years, but I remember finding his documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church quite good. Very fascinating.

Last edited:
I haven't seen some of his material in years, but I remember finding his documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church quite good. Very fascinating.
Probably easy to do a trashy piece on Westboro Baptist-they're a bunch of trashy nutjobs.

Back