Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Jacksons announce 50th anniversary Canada and UK tour - [UPDATED] Tour dates post #14

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,512 Posts

Default Re: The Jacksons announce 50th anniversary Canada and UK tour - [UPDATED] Tour dates post #14

Quote Originally Posted by AstralRomance View Post
    Innuendo141, Well, for you it was really expensive because apart from expensive ticket you had to travel from Ireland and then from London to Oxford. I went to see them because.. well, you know i live 10 miles away from the palace. So i didnt think too much i paid £100 because i was saving up on travel cost and just thought it would be a shame not to go when they come basically to my village. I liked the show and the weather was great. Just i really really miss Michael and his vocals.
    You are right, it was still a really great day. I can only imagine what it would have been like to see Michael perform the same set.

I see that Glastonbury got the 2 Tito songs too. That is such a buzzkill for a festival!

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,356 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default Re: The Jacksons announce 50th anniversary Canada and UK tour - [UPDATED] Tour dates post #14

There's an early review of the J4 at Glastonbury. It's positive (which I'm glad about, as they seemed to have a lot of problems with the sound at the beginning), but I'm surprised the review mentions 'minimal interaction with the crowd'....I thought there was quite a lot, especially from Marlon.

Veteran pop group The Jacksons had Glastonbury festival-goers boogying wildly at the West Holts stage, as the band poignantly performed almost exactly eight years after Michael Jackson’s death.

Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon were on top form to delight fans choosing something with a more disco vibe than alt-J on the Other Stage or the relentless headliners Foo Fighters on the Pyramid.

Showing their years of experience, the Jacksons opened with classic hits and kept the popular tunes coming one after another.

There was minimal interaction with the crowd but there was a poignant moment when Jermaine spoke about the anniversary of brother Michael’s death.

Michael, perhaps the most famous Jackson because of his solo career producing records like Thriller and Billie Jean, died on June 25, 2009.

The Jacksons finished their set just minutes before June 24 became 25 in Somerset.

But despite a moment of reflection, this was largely music at its infectious, uplifting best.
    http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-...emember-134921
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,066 Times in 1,077 Posts

Admittedly there were sound issues at the beginning, but the Glastonbury show was pretty shoddy. They came across as four tribute artists. Even dressing and dancing like him.

Seemed weird doing MJ solo songs they had nothing to do with.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,519 Times in 2,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    Admittedly there were sound issues at the beginning, but the Glastonbury show was pretty shoddy. They came across as four tribute artists. Even dressing and dancing like him.

Oooh, that's harsh. Somebody put it on Facebook-and I was going to watch it later.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    Oooh, that's harsh. Somebody put it on Facebook-and I was going to watch it later.
    I watched an earlier show on Youtube and it had all the 'fizz' drained out of it. It was a great show live, and the crowd loved it. I don't think the J4 come over as well on film as they do live. (MJ was amazing even on film, but I think that it's fairly rare for a performer to 'get through' and convey their true live performance on film). I think the Glastonbury set did get off to a bad start (sound-wise), but people have commented that it improved a lot later on. It might be worth watching the Scarborough one on YT, to get a more representative idea of the tour overall.

I've been watching Tito's video of fans queuing for signatures and photos after the Cardiff concert tonight. They seemed to have a big crowd and the fans queueing for sigs afterwards seem very happy....

This is Scarborough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eN-5hJ2IwE

Cardiff doesn't seem to be accessible et on YT, but you can see the size of the audience....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxS46Y8tmE

And there are some professional stills here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/kevincon...69944819950326

By the way, I've been surprised by how often they are ambushed for signatures...and people seem to have 'Jacksons' items ready for them to sign!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4vNF-mTBWk
    Last edited by myosotis; Yesterday at 12:20 AM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,519 Times in 2,899 Posts

^^Thank you for this-the one I was going to watch wouldn't play in the US.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,066 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    Oooh, that's harsh. Somebody put it on Facebook - and I was going to watch it later.
    Let me know what you think & if I was being unfair.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post

I recorded this and watched it yesterday. I could barely hear Marlon throughout? I also died a little bit inside when I heard Rock With You start up. I don't know, I tried so hard to be positive throughout but I couldn't really and I agree with you. When I heard the beginning of Gone Too Soon and realised Jermaine was going to start singing that was enough and I turned it off. Perhaps it was my general mood with yesterday being what it was but I just wasn't feeling it at all.

I hate to be this negative, I know they're doing what they can in the circumstances but after seeing that I'm glad I decided not to go in the end.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

I went to the Cardiff show last night. My first Jacksons concert. The energy was amazing. The crowd remained on their feet the whole time.
    The group really pulled together to perform their classic tunes.
    Michael had a strong presence within the group. But performing without him they were just as great.
    They came across a lot better live than all the videos I have ever watched online.
    Tito's songs are not bad.
    Jermaine's tribute to Michael with Gone Too Soon had everyone in tears.
    From this live show they came across as a very strong family who really miss their little brother.
    I hope they continue to perform for many years to come because they can still pull a good sell out crowd.
    I also brought myself a hand signed photo of the brothers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moonwalker5885 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

^ Thank you for this very nice review. I think most people who attend these concerts find them a lot more enjoyable and 'atmospheric' than the videos, which don't really do them justice.

Here is 'Gone too Soon' from Cardiff on 25 June 17:

And 'Heartbreak Hotel' from Cardiff

and here is 'Gone too soon' from Glastonbury on 24th June 17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UsRFAVUBe0

I also brought myself a hand signed photo of the brothers.
    Did you decide against the 'meet and greet' package? Tito was filming the latter and it's on his FB page.
    Last edited by myosotis; Yesterday at 01:20 PM.