Quebec City Mosque Attack

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
A Mosque was attacked by a terroist in Quebec City, 6 people were shot dead at a mosque in Quebec City’s Sainte-Foy neighbourhood. These 6 victims were parents, civil servants, academics; six men who had left their countries of origin seeking better lives in Quebec. The attack injured 19 people, five of whom were still in hospital as of Tuesday morning. Two of them were in critical condition and awaiting operations.

The suspect is Alexandre Bissonnette, a 27-year-old student at Laval University. Mr. Bissonnette faces six counts of first-degree murder. He was known in the city’s activist circles as a right-wing troll who frequently took anti-foreigner and anti-feminist positions and stood up for U.S. President Donald Trump.
In the House of Commons on Monday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the mass shooting as an “act of terror against Canada and all Canadians.”
The federal government is urging places of worship, schools and community centres to assess their security and seek federal assistance if they need more protection against potential hate crimes.

World leaders, including Mr. Trump, expressed their condolences. The President’s press secretary, Sean Spicer, said Monday that the Quebec attack was a reminder of the importance of the White House’s executive order to keep citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States. The victims in the Quebec were Muslim men and the suspect is a native Quebecker. Vigils were held in Quebec City, Montreal and across Canada on Monday night. The Prime Minister and opposition party leaders were in Quebec City as well.

First Trump's travel ban to happen and now this. These events which were islamophobic and it really sickens and infuriated me. If that travel ban hadn't happened, that attack in Quebec wouldn't have happened. But I'm touched that the rest of the world gave sympathies to Quebec like Paris who mourns the city since both were French cities.

I tell ya these attacks I can't tolerate let alone so much hatred.

The night of the travel ban (Friday) a photo of Prime Minister Trudeau welcoming a refugee child made all the news outlets. The next night this happens-you have to wonder if that wasn't the catalyst.

You have to wonder at Spicer's "logic" that this reinforces the need to keep Muslims out from the 7 countries. Muslims were attacked by a home grown terrorist, not the other way around.

It all makes me sick.

Trump never denounced the terrorist attack on the Mosque.

Back