Cascio Tracks - Are the Songs Fake?

aurinho

Proud Member
I have the Album MICHAEL, but anytime I hear the 3 songs, I'm not sure if this michael.
Teddy Riley said on twitter that he say the truth in the future. The estate said it's michael.

As a fan it's hard to believe that this songs are from Michael. 12 songs in 3 months? In new yersey? I'm not sure...the songs sounds so like Invincible.

Do you have informations about that? Has anybody the truth?
Or you have a fact list?

Here we go! lol

Some will say they are not sure, some will say yes, and some will say NO!!! there is a pending case about this so stay tuned.

Short answer: there's no definitive proof either way, but there's a substantial amount of comparative evidence, such as comments from collaborators and vocal comparison videos, to indicate that they're fake.

As everyone else said, there's a whole thread you can visit to hear more in-depth commentary.

I founded in the internet some interesting facts (after hours of searching)

-Michael only does Demos when he worked on a album and he said there are 100 demo when he made an album
(he lived 3 months with the cascios and made 12 complete songs? And no one of the cascios has demos of this songs? ....maybe the cascios did the songs and hoped michael promised he will sing the songs? But he didn't do it because of his dead and so the cascios are frustrated?)

-no one knew about the cascio songs, no one...

-michael album released and Jason Malachi closed all of his sites and deleted the whole music even i can not found something on iTunes

The next fact is very very crazy....

-on Facebook matthew najar posted that he has worked with Jason Malachi together and made songs for him because the voice sounds very similar;
matthew najar wrote that he made his demo of critical and his voice is on michael for the three tracks

After that fact I think...okay okay maybe a guy who talked a lot...then i searched his name

-Matthew Najar is a Australien singer and all his old posts with a link on twitter...exists not anymore, he made some albums but all of the albums are deleted (nothing on YouTube, nothing on iTunes)...the interesting thing is, when you search a singer on iTunes and type in Matthew .... the program give you Matthew najar as a possible name...when you click on....nothing can be found

Very very strange all of this....i hope we will get the true in a official way but it's clear for me now that these three songs are no michael jackson songs

giphy.gif

I love people that pretend to ask a question, when they have already decided what the answer should be.

NOT!

Last edited:
Galactus - your GIF, that's exactly what I had in my head when I made my response "here we go" I was going to write it "..Here we...go" but I didn't think anyone would pick up why I would say it like that!

Personally, I think the original demos of the Cascio tracks were probably Michael...but they were very raw and nowhere near finished. One of the album's collaborators originally said he had to use more processing on the vocals, hence the noticeable difference in pitch. I could see that making sense; its rational if the demos weren't much to work with. Michael wrote hundreds of songs that he never finished, including some that had partial vocal tracks. It would not surprise me if the album was finished by combining vocals from different sessions, or even different unreleased songs, with adjustments so everything matched. Alternatively, it could be a fake...but admitting that would cost the Estate of a lot of money. They'd have to publicly denounce those 3 songs, recall the unsold copies of the album, and re-issue it with those songs omitted. I want to believe that Eddie Cascio's being honest, and for whatever reason has not surrendered the master recordings. But as the saying goes, "time will tell". Michael was a good friend to the Cascio family; Eddie and his brother Frank both worked closely with Michael for several years. As such, I don't understand why any of them would purposely fake a recording, though Frank wrote of clashing with Eddie for a time, after Eddie replaced him as Michael's main go-between. That said, Frank has said he has no involvement with the album at all, yet still believes the vocals are legitimate.

Personally, I think the original demos of the Cascio tracks were probably Michael...but they were very raw and nowhere near finished. One of the album's collaborators originally said he had to use more processing on the vocals, hence the noticeable difference in pitch. I could see that making sense; its rational if the demos weren't much to work with.

For people who don't have the experienced and analytic ear to hear it on their own (no offence to anyone, but a lot of people rather "listen" with the brain, not their ears
ugly.gif
), the excuse that some necessary magical studio tricks made Michael sound like someone else might be somewhat satisfying. But to anyone with a bit of a clue about studio things, what is possible with vocal processing and a live-long habit of listening to the voice of the real Michael Jackson, the claim that these songs feature THE Michael Jackson is just an offense.

Btw, the vocals on the "demos" (the finished Cascio productions before Teddy Riley remixed them) sound exactly the same (in terms of sounding not like Michael Jackson) as on the released albums versions. So even if Teddy changed the tempo a bit, that did not change the characater of the voice at all.

Last edited:
For people who don't have the experienced and analytic ear to hear it on their own (no offence to anyone, but a lot of people rather "listen" with the brain, not their ears
ugly.gif
), the excuse that some necessary magical studio tricks made Michael sound like someone else might be somewhat satisfying. But to anyone with a bit of a clue about studio things, what is possible with vocal processing and a live-long habit of listening to the voice of the real Michael Jackson, the claim that these songs feature THE Michael Jackson is just an offense.
You can choose to be offended; I don't really care. But I listened to Michael from "Off the Wall" forward, and the only thing I notice in the Cascio tracks is the pitch of his voice being different. Given that he had a four-octave range, I never even thought it wasn't him until others starting whining about it.

I'll say it again....

If '2000 Watts' had been released on 'Michael', 'musical geniuses' - "with a better ear for music" than us mere mortals - would be on here telling the world it was "not Michael Jackson!".

Just saying.

I'll say it again....

If '2000 Watts' had been released on 'Michael', 'musical geniuses' - "with a better ear for music" than us mere mortals - would be on here telling the world it was "not Michael Jackson!".

Just saying.

Just speaking for myself, but no. On 2000 Watts it's still clearly the voice of Michael Jackson, just with a little artificially lowered pitch. The characteristics of his voice are all there.

You can choose to be offended; I don't really care. But I listened to Michael from "Off the Wall" forward, and the only thing I notice in the Cascio tracks is the pitch of his voice being different. Given that he had a four-octave range, I never even thought it wasn't him until others starting whining about it.

I'm not sure you know what pitch means. I take it you sensed that something was strange, which I guess we all can agree on. :)

Just speaking for myself, but no. On 2000 Watts it's still clearly the voice of Michael Jackson, just with a little artificially lowered pitch. The characteristics of his voice are all there.

Exactly. Change the pitch of any other Michael Jackson song and it will sound like MJ, no matter what way you go at it.

This topic is recycled so many times that by now no one should really care about anyone else feelings. I've no hesitation to write that anyone who thinks those vocals sound like MJ are just wrong.

I have no hesitation in saying this. People who say Michael had 100% nothing to do with these three tracks are wrong.

I am convinced Michael had enough input for people to put them on an album. Do I think that the finished songs are 100% Michael? No.

I'll accept them as part of his catalogue though. The same as anything he had a hand in creating.

I have no hesitation in saying this. People who say Michael had 100% nothing to do with these three tracks are wrong.

I am convinced Michael had enough input for people to put them on an album. Do I think that the finished songs are 100% Michael? No.

I'll accept them as part of his catalogue though. The same as anything he had a hand in creating.

Some songs were written after he died!

Were they? Haven't heard that one before. I guess that changes everything then because I was pretty much agreeing with SmoothMJ

To say that his voice is on those tracks 100% of the time is highly inaccurate, but his spirit and attitude do shine out through the beats and lyrics, especially in Breaking news, as I'm sure I've already said in another thread. That is why I tend to believe that he was involved, however partially, in their creation. But if they were created after 2009, then surely that can't be. I guess we'll never know the truth; probably it's one of them mysteries of life which are meant to stay hidden ......

And btw of these three tracks - BN is the only one I actually listen to whenever I am reminded of the 'lovely' treatment Michael received from the media over the decades. There is a certain defiance, strength and coolness to it that I enjoy thoroughly, in spite of the sparsity of his vocals on the song. The other two though are a completely different story - I don't think I've listened to either since 2010.

I suppose that statistic is pretty accurate for my perception of most songs released after June 25th, even the ones where his vocal deliveries are beyond any doubt. To be franc, I must say that with a handful, but most important exceptions, I've considered the rest of the tracks released since then mere fillers aimed at crowding record time and fulfilling contracts. However, those few songs that I paid a lot of attention to have had a tremendous impact on my life. Music can be incredibly powerful in that sense. There is this one song (although it doesn't belong to Michael himself) which has had a completely life-altering effect on me. But in any case, that doesn't truly matter; don't mean to take the thread in highly irrelevant O/T spaces. The thread was, after all, strictly about the Cascio tracks.

Wonder if this will be a conversation Prince fans will be discussing if any of his stuff is released

I'm not sure you know what pitch means. I take it you sensed that something was strange, which I guess we all can agree on. :)
Isn't "pitch" the right term, for the finer differences between higher and lower voices? For lack of a better explanation, the Cascio tracks sound like a slightly but noticeably deeper Michael...at least to me.

To say that his voice is on those tracks 100% of the time is highly inaccurate, but his spirit and attitude do shine out through the beats and lyrics, especially in Breaking news, as I'm sure I've already said in another thread. That is why I tend to believe that he was involved, however partially, in their creation. But if they were created after 2009, then surely that can't be. I guess we'll never know the truth; probably it's one of them mysteries of life which are meant to stay hidden ......

I'd disagree. These tracks sound nothing like anything Michael Jackson would ever do. Lyrically, they often ramble and make absolutely no sense. Production wise, some of them do sound reminiscent of an MJ jam, but that's most likely because several are direct rip-offs of another track (or other tracks) in his catalog.

Breaking News, for example, steals the standard Teddy Riley beat from Dangerous and the bass line from You Rock My World (and only sounds as "classic MJ" as it does because Teddy Riley ; Water is a retread of Heaven Can Wait (which he even sings the lyrics to towards the end); Ready 2 Win is a complete lift from On the Line, melody and all; All Right takes its beat and chord progression from Stranger in Moscow; Soldier Boy is a poor man's They Don't Care About Us; and Black Widow sounds more than a bit like D.S. with a Morphine breakdown.

I know Michael was hardly innocent of retreading themes or chords or beats or production techniques, but nowhere else has he ever been so in-your-face obvious that he's essentially plagiarizing his older work.

If you're referring to the tracks that were registered with the US Copyright Office after his passing, that isn't too much of an indicator of anything considering dozens of authentic tracks were registered long after that.

You can't possibly KNOW that!

What you mean is they were registered after he died.

Your statements need to be factual, if you are to be taken seriously.

Meanwhile, I'm putting on my 'Michael' album, skipping back and forth to locate 'Water', 'All Right', 'Ready 2 Win', 'Soldier Boy', and 'Black Widow' - as mentioned by AlwaysThere.

Nope. Can't find them. Were they on a limited edition delux version?

People using fake 'facts' and irrelevant songs to prove their point are on thin ice, as far as I am concerned.

We can all go back and forth about if it's Michael or not.. I'll say this - there is enough to back both arguments. We have to accept different opinions with this because it's all relative to perspective. We have nothing definitive to give an answer 100% either way!

I could see that both sides of the fence have validity and until we have concrete FACT, we are only going off of ears.. There have been people wrongfully accused off of more 'eye whiteness' than that but also great crimes have been solved with the same..

Meanwhile, I'm putting on my 'Michael' album, skipping back and forth to locate 'Water', 'All Right', 'Ready 2 Win', 'Soldier Boy', and 'Black Widow' - as mentioned by AlwaysThere.

Nope. Can't find them. Were they on a limited edition delux version?

People using fake 'facts' and irrelevant songs to prove their point are on thin ice, as far as I am concerned.

The five songs I've mentioned were the other Cascio tracks that have leaked online.

Is there any official statement from the cascios that he worked on the songs and how he worked on it?

They have no other demo? Or anything like that.

supposedly there are:

"All I Need", "All Right", "Black Widow", "Burn Tonight", "Fall In Love", "Soldier Boy", "Ready 2 Win", "Stay" and "Water"..

'Silent Spring' is an MJ track for sure that could be the same song as 'water' but no real confirmations..

I'm not sure if some of the songs were written after he died, but that wouldn't be an issue. Michael could have just written lyrics and vocals, then some musicians could finish it. But I have no idea.

Is there any official statement from the cascios that he worked on the songs and how he worked on it?

They have no other demo? Or anything like that.

Eddie and Sony/the Estate have claimed that proof of Michael's involvement exists. Handwritten lyric sheets were most often cited, and I remember hearing about video footage of Michael at the microphone singing through a song. None have ever been presented though.

Oh, Eddie also claimed that he deleted Michael's alternate vocals to make space on a hard drive.

Seriously.

supposedly there are:

"All I Need", "All Right", "Black Widow", "Burn Tonight", "Fall In Love", "Soldier Boy", "Ready 2 Win", "Stay" and "Water"..

'Silent Spring' is an MJ track for sure that could be the same song as 'water' but no real confirmations..

Yup! All I Need, Stay and Burn Tonight were reworked for Michael but didn't make it. The original demo recordings of all twelve songs eventually surfaced online.

Back