Possible Connection between Michaels voice and Vitiligo!

KOPV

Proud Member
We often discuss Michael and come to a logical understanding of who he was by psychologically putting ourselves in his shoes. (His childhood was robbed from him/In the spotlight since a child/introduced to sexuality at a young age etc.)

I’d like to take a moment to discuss things in a biological realm just for something different - to shed POSSIBLE light on what made Michael...Michael! In some regards.

We have discussed his changing voice, how it seemed to ‘mature’ at a different rate than the averagemale. His voice deepened more within his mid-20’s than even in his teen years. That with Michael having peach fuzz in his mid 20’s rumors circulated about him being given hormone replacement to keep his voice ‘young’ when he hit an age that hisvoice started to change.. In no way am I saying this DID happen, what I am saying is There isa direct connection to delayed puberty and autoimmune disorders (which are triggered while immune system is being attacked). Michael had two (Vitiligo and Lupus).

It is a scientific possibility that his immune system being under attack could be the explanation of his voice, part of his childlike personality, and his skin/immunedisorders.

In fact, it Is possible that having autoimmune issues could have caused stunted maturity because when the theimmune system is under severe attack the body cannot produce ‘proper hormones’..Whichever way you look at it, there is a definite possible correlation.

Last edited:
This might be a bit controversial but I've always believed that there is a connection between Michael's changing voice and his vitaligo and lupus. As we know that Michael's voice got mature and deeper from late 1980s onward when his skin colour was going white. When I listen to Michael's music post Bad era, I think of a white man singing. When I listen to his pre Bad stuff, I think of a black man singing. And that's not because of Michael's changing skin colour that I've this opinion. The first two Michael Jackson albums I heard were Thriller and Dangerous and I honestly thought that they were sung by two different signers. Thriller by a black artist and Dangerous by a white artist and at that time, I didn't know much about Michael.

There is a lot that can be speculated and attributed to the change in his voice, singing while being sick and/or singing while having laryingitis, poor sleeping habits, over working the vocals, poor eating habits, damaged lung, painkillers I think can also have an adverse effect on the voice. There's probably a lot more that could or could not have contributed to the change

Last edited:
The reason I also came to this hypothesis is from studies I have done on hormones, and with Michael outside of the 'voice spectrum' it makes sense.. The variables add up, from personality, things like growing facial hair late, the knowledge we have of his immune disorders etc..

Since this only seems to interest me, I'll keep talking to myself.. lol!

Another interesting link to low androgens are often a causation of...... Insomnia!

Back