Michaels handwritten notes

Renaissance

Proud Member
... I don’t really know where to put this since it’s a very sensitive topic... I was actually searching for some photos of Michaels’ beautiful handwritten notes, when I found these blog entries. They read basically like a kind of personality analysis based on his handwritings. I’d be really interested in your opinion about it. What do you think about such things? Would you agree with it? It's partly sad, although Michaels’ words are warm-hearted and gentle as always.

1. A note written by Michael Jackson
"Michael Jackson wrote this note long before his death, so it is not connected with his controversial passing. However, there are strong signs of emotional distress and self-destructive tendencies. Although Michael speaks of love and inspiration for those to whom the note is written, his innermost feelings are definitely not on an even keel as indicated by the downward slant, uneven spacing, and disproportionate letter sizes. The wavering left margin shows a lack of stable boundaries in his life. The writing starts out big and gradually decreases in size with his signature being the smallest writing on the page. This indicates running out of energy; the self is diminishing in importance. The fact that he writes his first name with only a capital 'M' shows that he is not comfortable with his self-image. Earlier samples of his handwriting show that he wrote out his first name clearly. Notes he wrote later than the one shown here are often signed with only his inititials 'M' and 'J', indicating a further separation between his private self and his public face."

2. what does michael’s handwriting reveal?

[...]

"Here are the most significant impressions, according to three different handwriting experts:

1. The downward direction (descending baseline) of his writing indicates depression, discouragement, and disappointment.

2. The irregular and inconsistent size, spacing, and form show wavering self esteem and erratic emotional response. Note he uses cursive, print, and the print-script combination. This lack of consistency suggests instability in thinking and behavior.

3. Misplaced capital letters show either disregard for conventional grammar or a low level of formal education. Did he simply not know correct form, or did he not care about using it? Usually, a misplaced capital maker’s lifestyle is unconventional, out of the mainstream of society. Since he sometimes uses capital letters correctly, and other times not, this shows he does know correct form, but doesn’t feel compelled to follow it — typical of people who are antisocial or isolated.

4. Using his initials at the end instead of writing out his name, in a size smaller than the note, reveals a need to protect his real self; he doesn’t want to be seen. This is quite consistent with his use of dark glasses, masks, gloves, plastic surgery, and various disguises.

5. Usually, when certain words appear bigger and bolder, these are the thoughts that are foremost in the writer’s mind. In the last 6 lines, he seems preoccupied with blood and bleeding. A quick glance at his random capital letters shows an emphasis on "M" words — Man, Moccosins, Most, Me, Must, Mercy (and ultimately, "Michael").

6. The letter "T" is often read for work and ambition. In MJ’s case, generally his "t" stems are tall and crossed high, indicating a consistently strong ambition and work drive, high goals, motivation and willpower. These positive traits balance some of the weaker ones.

What about his signature?

The most important thing here is that it’s vastly different from his writing in general. A person’s signature is his public persona — the image he wishes to project to the world. MJ’s signature shows a lot more flash and confidence than his other writing, which reflects his private self. I’m not 100% sure, but I think the signature on the left is from an earlier period than the one on the right. What both have in common is the large size of the initial letters, an indication of vanity due to profound feelings of inferiority.

Overly large initial caps show lots of self-pride, a desire to be prominent, famous, and stand out from the crowd. Apparently, OLC are common in musicians and composers — a curious combination, because in addition to a strong desire for public recognition, the smaller letters in the rest of the name indicate the ability to concentrate alone on small details for long periods of time.

Also, the small size of the other letters in proportion to the initial letters, indicates social introversion, withdrawal, even fear. MJ’s signature has changed through the years; the more recent version slants more to the left (the more introverted you are, the more your writing slants left).

Looping back over his first name indicates self-protection (and protective of his family), possessiveness, and materialism. He is clearly attached to his belongings. In both signatures, the final stroke in "Jackson" signifies defensiveness, and once again, self-protection.

One expert even went so far as to say that because of the evidence of extreme social introversion, withdrawal and reclusiveness, MJ does not fit the profile typical of predators, who possess more aggressive traits. Michael is clearly someone who obsessed over his public image to the nth degree, who harbored feelings of guilt and shame over traumas from the past.

So, there you have it. I think history will be kind to Michael Jackson, and he will be remembered for his musical genius and humanitarian efforts rather than his failings. Tragic and complex, electrifying on stage yet very shy offstage, he will continue to baffle and amaze us forever."

MJMocassinletter.jpg

@valeriejackson: You are welcome! I'm very skeptical about handwriting analysis, but it sounds reasonable in this case. There are also interesting articles about Michaels' artworks. It saddens me that all these analysis' came out when it was already too late…

MJ's writing is easy to read.
Not only letters, pronunciation is also beautiful and it will be studying.

Back