Butterflies, D.S., and Break Of Dawn uploaded on Michael's official Vevo.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Yay!
I Just about had a heart attack when I saw it!
So glad to see Invincible being appreciated, I love that album!:D
I'm glad they're doing this.
Hopefully uploading songs officially like this will mean more traffic for Michael's Vevo instead of people going elsewhere on YouTube to listen to the songs.:)

Last edited:
I know people will disagree with this maybe. But I wish they uploaded D.S. the day Tom Sneddon died. ?

I'm glad that they have uploaded these but my question is why? Not that I'm complaining but there has to be a reason behind uploading these three songs. Are they planning on doing a special edition for the History or the Invincible albums or something?

Last edited:
Am I showing my age by admitting that I don't really get the significance of this?

Not really. I guess the big thing is that, going by comments, there are now younger fans who are hearing these songs for the first time and may now be intrigued by the HIStory album and especially the Invincible one.

I really hope that Invincible will trend some time again... But that is just wishful thinking..

They should upload Is It Scary and Morphine.

What is happening all of a sudden? ?? I hope they will upload the full Ghost movie as well ?

Am I showing my age by admitting that I don't really get the significance of this?

Snap. Youtube trying to rival Spotify? I dont get it. Youtube is for videos... didnt realise this was a thing for artists.

Not at all. I don't get the whole commotion by fans either, but if some newer fans discover these lesser known tracks then cool I guess.

Snap. Youtube trying to rival Spotify? I dont get it. Youtube is for videos... didnt realise this was a thing for artists.

Lots of people use YouTube to stream music, and I mean lots.

The YouTube page on the App Store used to be filled with bad reviews because they didn't let people play videos in the background on their phones, but you can now if you pay for YouTube Red (a service that basically lets you get ad-less YouTube, play videos in the background on your phone, amongst other things. Stuff you'd find useful if you used YT to stream music). There's even a dedicated YouTube Music app now actually.

Dang, I think you all are right about the rivalry with Spotify thing. I was going to ask if we are noticing a pattern with the type of songs they are releasing... like maybe there is a theme here they could be using for a new album which includes these songs (and perhaps a new one or two :p )

Not at all. I don't get the whole commotion by fans either, but if some newer fans discover these lesser known tracks then cool I guess.

Lots of people use YouTube to stream music, and I mean lots.

The YouTube page on the App Store used to be filled with bad reviews because they didn't let people play videos in the background on their phones, but you can now if you pay for YouTube Red (a service that basically lets you get ad-less YouTube, play videos in the background on your phone, amongst other things. Stuff you'd find useful if you used YT to stream music). There's even a dedicated YouTube Music app now actually.

AH OK, Im getting old. I thought youtube was for those who didnt care about audio quality haha. I've recently joined Spotify, so I get the deal with that, but thanks for the info on Youtube

YouTube is much bigger than Spotify in terms of traffic.

I really didnt know that for music without something to look at. I thought the girl I work with was simple for using Youtube... Ignorance is bliss sometimes haha!

YouTube is much bigger than Spotify in terms of traffic.

^^ I think Youtube is multi-generational, whereas Spotify isn't really.

YouTube benefits from a number of things Spotify doesn't:

1. Availability. YouTube is available in far more countries than Spotify.
2. No registration needed to listen on YouTube.
3. YouTube has been around for longer and is more widely known by people of all ages.

YouTube benefits from a number of things Spotify doesn't:

1. Availability. YouTube is available in far more countries than Spotify.
2. No registration needed to listen on YouTube.
3. YouTube has been around for longer and is more widely known by people of all ages.

Also, Spotify leaves you frustrated if you want to listen to, say, Smooth Criminal with the added lines, or the original version of Torture with no ad libs.

To be fair, I think I've used Youtube every day since it became the norm, but never for streaming music. Spotify is good for listening to an album in guaranteed 320 kbps before you decide to buy it physically! If it's good, it should be good enough to have and to hold!

Also, Spotify leaves you frustrated if you want to listen to, say, Smooth Criminal with the added lines, or the original version of Torture with no ad libs.

This is one reason I use Apple Music, I can upload my own music to the service and have it be available on all my devices. I actually have an album on my AM that's just the original 1987 mixes of Bad, as well as singles/remixes not uploaded to any streaming service (i.e. Butterflies Outland Club Mix or Nick*'s remixes), and even an album of rarities/unreleased material.

You can do something kinda similar with Spotify, like sync your own material to your smartphone and listen to it in the Spotify app. I used to do that back when I used Spotify but it has to be done over Wi-Fi in an admittedly cumbersome process. Here's a tutorial if you want.

This is one reason I use Apple Music, I can upload my own music to the service and have it be available on all my devices. I actually have an album on my AM that's just the original 1987 mixes of Bad, as well as singles/remixes not uploaded to any streaming service (i.e. Butterflies Outland Club Mix or Nick*'s remixes), and even an album of rarities/unreleased material.

You can do something kinda similar with Spotify, like sync your own material to your smartphone and listen to it in the Spotify app. I used to do that back when I used Spotify but it has to be done over Wi-Fi in an admittedly cumbersome process. Here's a tutorial if you want.

Yeah you can, but it's a mess. Before Prince's stuff came back to Spotify (thank god) I had his stuff from my folders on SPotify and it was an absolute mess. Some songs in separate albums as singles and what not. Truth be told, I mix between Spotify, iTunes (downloaded songs) and physical. But it sounds like Apple Music is a little easier to manage external files than Spotify. I just keep them to iTunes

Yeah you can, but it's a mess. Before Prince's stuff came back to Spotify (thank god) I had his stuff from my folders on SPotify and it was an absolute mess. Some songs in separate albums as singles and what not. Truth be told, I mix between Spotify, iTunes (downloaded songs) and physical. But it sounds like Apple Music is a little easier to manage external files than Spotify. I just keep them to iTunes

Funnily enough, I was solely using the feature on Spotify for Prince's music (It was around his death, I had just discovered Controversy and it was soooo catchy, I simply couldn't get it out of my head!).

Nowadays I rarely buy music, I stream it. If a new song/album comes out, I'll just add it on Apple Music and now my library is a seamless mixture of the music I own, as well as downloaded material off AM. Although in some rare cases, if an artist I really really love is about to release a new album, then it's possible I'll go buy the CD and rip that to iTunes.

I would say it's a lot easier to manage external files in Apple Music. I just add them to my iTunes, alter any of the metadata to my liking (like if I wanted to use my own artwork), right click and select 'Add to iCloud Music Library'. Boom, it's uploaded and synced to all my devices. It's so easy and I love it. Google Play does something similar too.

It's not too much of an issue for me now since most material I listen to is available on Spotify/AM or whatever, but it's good for material that isn't there like bootlegs, mixtapes, live concerts and the like. :)

Back