• Ghosts

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Both slay equally.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Fast forward to 6:20 for the choreo just incase you need a refresher on it (and you don't watch it just about every day like myself).
VS
Fast forward to 11:35, 18:30, and 25:06 for all of the main choreo in Ghosts just incase you need a refresher.

Now vote, and don't forget to say why you picked what you did if you have the time!:)

I came into this thread thinking I'd be Ghosts...

I was wrong. I actually prefer Remember the Time. It's just stayed with me more, and seems more fluid.

ONE teeny weeny gripe I have with the otherwise PHENOMENAL Ghosts dance, is that some of the shots have continuity issues with Michael's pose, dance or where he's standing. Remember The Time could have been done in one take the way it's presented. That doesn't take anything away from Ghosts though and how ridiculously good and taxing it must have been to perform

Voted for Remember the Time. That's what I call really inspired choreography. And it's a killer song, to boot.

I was wrong. I actually prefer Remember the Time. It's just stayed with me more, and seems more fluid.

ONE teeny weeny gripe I have with the otherwise PHENOMENAL Ghosts dance, is that some of the shots have continuity issues with Michael's pose, dance or where he's standing. Remember The Time could have been done in one take the way it's presented.That doesn't take anything away from Ghosts though and how ridiculously good and taxing it must have been to perform

True.:)

[/B]
In fact, for me it's Ghosts>Thriller when it comes to choreo.
Not for me-Thriller will always beat Ghosts.

ONE teeny weeny gripe I have with the otherwise PHENOMENAL Ghosts dance, is that some of the shots have continuity issues with Michael's pose, dance or where he's standing. Remember The Time could have been done in one take the way it's presented. That doesn't take anything away from Ghosts though and how ridiculously good and taxing it must have been to perform
And now that you wrote this, and I'm thinking about it-maybe that's the reason I put Ghosts low on the totem pole. I used to think it was because it was so dark (but so is Thriller) and maybe I just didn't care for the music.

All of Michael's routines look like they could be done in one take or on stage-Thriller, RTT, Bad, TWYMMF-Ghosts doesn't. It's the new way of filming dance routines where you have a billion takes and then edit it-so they could or could not be really dancing, like the movie Chicago. I think I'm just old school when it comes to musical numbers-why I loved Michael's music videos so much-he brought all of that back.

Ghosts' choreography is one if not the most difficult and intricate pieces he had ever created yet, it's absolutely badass. The RTT one is amazing but you could immediately tell its not Michael because his movements are smoother, effortless and more elegant even though you didn't know Fatima Robinson was the choreographer behind it.

Ghosts' choreography is one if not the most difficult and intricate pieces he had ever created yet, it's absolutely badass. The RTT one is amazing but you could immediately tell its not Michael because his movements are smoother, effortless and more elegant even though you didn't know Fatima Robinson was the choreographer behind it.
Are you saying its not Michael dancing, or that the style isnt Michael?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As the self-absorbed creature I can be, I've used my own dancin' skills as the main criterion for judging Michael's songs. I voted for Ghosts for the simple reason that it is such a complex choreography, I could never even dare try to imitate it, whilst with RTT it's quite different. Waaaaay back in the day I've even learnt a few of the steps. The story and the video are most entertaining and so is the dance number, but the sheer complexity and awesomeness of Ghosts is unparalleled imo.

As far as I'm concerned, Thriller doesn't hold a candle to either. I realize I'm sounding like an elitist because I seem to find an inversely proportionate relationship between the quality of choreography and the number of people who can duplicate it, but that is how I feel. The subject matter of the movie and the deeper message behind it all may also have a lot to do with my choice.

"2Bad (from Ghosts) was, in my opinion, the hardest job I have ever done. Michael Jackson wanted me to take the human body had not gone before.

He insisted that we push the boundaries of the unknown. From the moment he woke me up at 3 or 4 in the morning, I was on a mission. We twisted and contorted our bodies searching for the perfect step.

I remember Michael saying that dance is everywhere, we just have to find it. We're on it."

"Working on "Ghosts" was absolutely epic for so many reasons one being working with Michael Jackson and Stan Winston, but another reason people may not know about was that Michael had challenged himself and me to make "Ghosts" even better than "Thriller". The amount of pressure that put on him, me and everyone concerned with the project was unbelievable but once again he taught me a invaluable lesson. The lesson is that the only competition we truly have that maters is with ourselves. Try to be better than you were yesterday." -Lavelle Smith

And boy, they really went and surpassed Thriller in the process! While Remember The Time and even the Thriller choreography are products of their time; in Ghosts however, Michael really showed things we had never seen before challenging his own body what it seemed the impossible for any other human being.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Probably two of my favorite choreographies MJ ever did. I think I give the slight edge to Ghosts. I sometimes wonder what may be going through the background dancers' heads who have to keep up with him: "Mike wants us to do what?" lol

I voted RTT - But it's tough. Ghost is brilliant too.

I'll chose Ghost?cause the dance and the whole story is more strange?very different from other choreographies

ghosts has more antiquate movement making it more complex and is more expository however Remember the time is more smooth and sits in the pocket better... I'll ad Ghost editing makes it impossible to duplicate it precisely simply because they way some sections are spliced together are physically impossible..

Ghosts wipes the floor of remember the time, although it is 5 years later too. The Horror scenes and skeleton stuff really gets me too. The whole mini movie is incredible. Michael is amazing playing Maestro and the middle aged man.

The dancing as always is incredible and it helps the song is really good too.

I found myself voting for RTT. I think I'm just yearning for that time when he owned the pop world and this was another classic single. Actually, one of my fondest memories is dancing to RTT in a club in New Zealand and the music video also playing on a big screen on the wall facing the dance floor. It really excited the whole room when it came on and actually a lot of the 80's/90's MJ tracks that I heard in clubs back then have shaped a lot of my feelings.

I do love Ghosts, like others have said its really an incredible piece of work; its a real achievement but right now I'm just nostalgic for something freer and probably a lot more accessible. I also lean more to the old school in terms of sound, choreography and presentation.

Remember the Time is fantastic!! But i choose Ghosts, what a movie and Choreo. I think his work on ghosts should be more honored.

Out of Everything Michael Jackson ever did in his incredible career, Ghosts is the most underrated. It's criminal it went unnoticed.

People talk about Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible being underrated but in reality they sold millions. I don't think anyone outside the fan community knows Ghosts and yet upon seeing it they'd all be awestruck

Back