TDCAU has reached & passed 300M views on YouTube.

It should be over 500 million... then over a billion!!! Probably my second favorite MJ song (and thus second favorite song overall)

TDCAU has really emerged as a strong contender from this era. It wasn't always that way.

You go MJ. A very honest and hard hitting song that will stand the test of time. Considering the way our world and human beings are I don't think it will ever not be relevant. The way the numbers look I wouldn't be surprised if it topped Thriller for views.

Hopefully the prison version will gain views as well.

Why was it overlooked in your opinion?

Reached Top 10 in 16 countries, even reaching Top 5 in half of those countries but it barely scraped #30 in the USA.

Additionally, it seems the USA was more focused on the claims of 'anti-semitism' (see here if you're unfamiliar), rather than the actual music and it's message.

Reached Top 10 in 16 countries, even reaching Top 5 in half of those countries but it barely scraped #30 in the USA.

Additionally, it seems the USA was more focused on the claims of 'anti-semitism' (see here if you're unfamiliar), rather than the actual music and it's message.

Ah, that makes sense. The anti-semitism thing is just plain ridiculous.

The anti-semitism issue never made any sense to me.

It's clear from the lyrics that he never said anything against Jews but was referring to himself being treated in the same way as Jews had been treated.

Somehow the media twisted it and even more bizarrely the people who read the reports were completely blinded by them and couldn't read the words. Luckily not many people remember that controversy now so it hasn't had any lasting impact.

The anti-semitism issue never made any sense to me.

It's clear from the lyrics that he never said anything against Jews but was referring to himself being treated in the same way as Jews had been treated.

Somehow the media twisted it and even more bizarrely the people who read the reports were completely blinded by them and couldn't read the words. Luckily not many people remember that controversy now so it hasn't had any lasting impact.

Anyone who has listened to the song and comes out thinking that MJ was being anti-semitic is an absolute moron.

I have always wondered how even NATIVE English speakers could hear any anti-semitic undertones in TDCAU. smh

Some people obviously WANTED Michael to be anti-semitic, as well as they wanted him to be a child molester and a general freak.

Michael was used like a Voodoo doll by the general public: By stabbing him they tried to expel their very own darkest fears and abysses.

Last edited:
I remember the views of this video, in late 2015 : 167 million views, I believe.

Don't you find it amazing how, in one year, a little less than 150 million people have watched the video ?

Back