P.Y.T and Morphine uploaded to Michael's official Vevo.

Nice to see Morphine (And other songs from BOTDF) getting some attention. That album gets overlooked a lot, and that's a shame. The 5 original songs are masterpieces.

Nice to see Morphine (And other songs from BOTDF) getting some attention. That album gets overlooked a lot, and that's a shame. The 5 original songs are masterpieces.

Absolutely. Its a shame HIStory and BOTDF have yet to be rereleased. The originals sound sublime, but id hardly call a sub par 20th anniversary calendar enough to celebrate HIStory

I know it's off topic but have they ever released HIStory just as a single disc album with just the new songs or has it always been a double disc album with the older hits?

Great to see Morphine uploaded. I love that song. Easily in my top 5 MJ songs.

The first disc is (was?) also sold by itself in some markets:

51PDVKznroL.jpg

I was actually listening to the single release of HIStory Continues last night, released in 2010 and it sounds great. Doesn't suffer from the "loudness" issues plagued with most MJ releases since the mid 00's

Is the HIStory continues - 1 cd version with only the new songs - available on iTunes?

HIStory should be celebrated alot more. - And when they release it as a 25th anniversary album it should be only the new songs.

Is the HIStory continues - 1 cd version with only the new songs - available on iTunes?

HIStory should be celebrated alot more. - And when they release it as a 25th anniversary album it should be only the new songs.

We couldn't even get a Dangerous 25 album. So a HIStory 25 album is extreamly unlikely.

This is something that annoys me about The Estate. They only seem to want to only focus on the three albums produced with Quincy Jones.

We couldn't even get a Dangerous 25 album. So a HIStory 25 album is extreamly unlikely.

This is something that annoys me about The Estate. They only seem to want to only focus on the three albums produced with Quincy Jones.

That is very sad indeed. Some of his best songs are on the post Quincy albums. Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF (5 genius songs!!) and Invincible.

That is very sad indeed. Some of his best songs are on the post Quincy albums. Dangerous, HIStory, BOTDF (5 genius songs!!) and Invincible.
Too right. HIStory/BOTDF have some of the best songs he has ever written, in my opinion better than those on Thriller and OTW

I was actually listening to the single release of HIStory Continues last night, released in 2010 and it sounds great. Doesn't suffer from the "loudness" issues plagued with most MJ releases since the mid 00's

Would you say it's quieter than the original CD? That was pretty loud. Still sounds great, though.

It's a LITTLE bit louder/fuller. The original, to me, is the best sounding thing he's put out (discs 1 & 2). I can send you screenshots from wavepad of the apple lossless files ive ripped to compare? The worst thing are the sound effects in TDCAU and the alternate intro to HIStory...

It's such a shame that if/when HIStory is ever re-released on CD, vinyl whatever, it will be the edited version of the album

It's a LITTLE bit louder/fuller. The original, to me, is the best sounding thing he's put out (discs 1 & 2). I can send you screenshots from wavepad of the apple lossless files ive ripped to compare? The worst thing are the sound effects in TDCAU and the alternate intro to HIStory...

It's such a shame that if/when HIStory is ever re-released on CD, vinyl whatever, it will be the edited version of the album

I have the original and it's pretty loud already. It's a shame that they've made it even louder. Yeah it sucks that they needed to edit a lot of stuff. Yeah that'd be cool. What's so bad about them, do they sound crushed?

I have the original and it's pretty loud already. It's a shame that they've made it even louder. Yeah it sucks that they needed to edit a lot of stuff. Yeah that'd be cool. What's so bad about them, do they sound crushed?

OK, I have taken Scream as the example. The first one is the first pressing from 95. The second is the 2010 special edition.

2ag3n6u.jpg

25zicxy.jpg

Im still new to all this so I don't know which one looks like it sounds better! I guess I was wrong when I said it sounded louder.

We don't need another thread on a Vevo upload, but I thought it was cool they uploaded We've Had Enough, the most barely known song they've uploaded I reckon.

Yeah thats a cool one alright. I dont know if they are up there, but all the 5 new songs from Blood on the Dance Floor should be on there before the hits. People have all the hits in their homes and cars already.

Back