Working Day And Night live vocals

analogue

Proud Member
I think the live vocals for Working Day And Night are really overlooked. With that performance most people seem to only focus on the dancing, and the flashy stage effects. But I've always loved Michael's vocals during his Working Day And Night performances. I love his adlibs.

"I AINT WORKIIIIIIING....."

Unreal. When the song completely breaks down to the "Im tired of you, gon' quit my job...." etc.

Especially the "bbbbrrrrupppaaaddaaaddbuppppp" in on the Jacksons Live, Bucharest. In Toronto, Yokohama, Wembley, Bucharest its one of the highlights in each show

I just get goosebumps thinking about it! WDAN Live is a damn masterpiece! It's so creative and unpredictable and his vocals are so great. I even think his voice fitted the song more during the Dangerous Tour than previous tours.

I just get goosebumps thinking about it! WDAN Live is a damn masterpiece! It's so creative and unpredictable and his vocals are so great. I even think his voice fitted the song more during the Dangerous Tour than previous tours.

I think it's his best song vocally on the Dangerous Tour

The 3rd Leg of the Dangerous World Tour is absolutely incomplete without this and Beat It. Its such an important part of every tour from 81 to 92.

The fact that MJ performed WDAN till the Dangerous Tour despite it not being a single shows just how popular this song was and I think MJ knew that he made a mistake by not releasing it as a single. It was a certain top 5 hit at least.

The fact that MJ performed WDAN till the Dangerous Tour despite it not being a single shows just how popular this song was and I think MJ knew that he made a mistake by not releasing it as a single. It was a certain top 5 hit at least.

I love that he performed it despite it not being a single. He should have performed more non singles songs on his tours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love that he performed it despite it being a single. He should have performed more non singles songs on his tours.
Spot on! He really should have. So many album tracks that I would love to now watch and listen to, would have made the different tours more interesting in retrospect. I still love all the tours but man, if he just mixed up the setlist slightly. It's one of the reasons I probably watch so much HIStory Tour; just for the setlist, and half imagine that the vocals are live.

As for WDAN, it was brilliant, the Dangerous tour version was probably the best vocally but I do love the Victory Tour performance and that jump suit, also Bad tour.

His singing within a real comfortable range for him on those performances. It shows.

His singing within a real comfortable range for him on those performances. It shows.

Indeed it does. It's one of his greatest numbers, if I may say so myself.

Hadddd to jump in here since they are playin' this right now on MJTunes lol - the Dangerous rehearsals too, a verrry funny performance :D

Beat It? Really?

I always found that one to be a bit boring live.

I'm with you on the other two though.

The 93 show seems is an incomplete concert without Beat It. Just a shame when it came back there came a baseball themed ending with it...

I love WDAN's live version, he sounds amazing!

Those moves right before he goes up the stairs at 6:50 are hilarious, can't help but laugh every time I see him do that ? But the amount of energy he had was insane, if I'd do that one move just once I'd have to sit down to catch my breath lmao.

Those moves right before he goes up the stairs at 6:50 are hilarious, can't help but laugh every time I see him do that ? But the amount of energy he had was insane, if I'd do that one move just once I'd have to sit down to catch my breath lmao.

Like what is he even doing?! :D

And i know exactly what you mean, it's already exhausting to watch haha. God i wish i had 1% of MJ's energy.... things would be so much easier :)

If hearing live vocals close to the album track does it for you, you should check out Beat It on the HIStory tour - it's uncanny!
Lmao that was a good one.

Beat It Live on the victory tour was great though. No grit no added strainess, just the way he sounded on the album.

Lmao that was a good one.

Beat It Live on the victory tour was great though. No grit no added strainess, just the way he sounded on the album.

I prefer Beat It with the more gritty vocals. I think it suits the song better

Anyone who ever argues that lip syncing is okay in tours should watch WDAN and then realise why Live can elevate a song beyond all realms of brilliance.

I think his vocals on this song are great, especially on the dangerous tour.

I have never overlooked his WDAN live vocals. The dance moves enhance the vocals and vice versa. It's one of my favourite concert (especially Bucharest) parts.

The voodoo part during the which he's "the only one who can move" is great. It reminds me of the Smooth Criminal music video ritual/transe.

Last edited:
Back