SUN RECORDS-new TV mini-series

barbee0715

Proud Member
I just stumbled on this tonight, but apparently there's a new mini-series on the CMT channel (NIK during the day) about Sun Records and Sam Phillips discovering and working with Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis. It just started tonight.
It's based on the stage play "Million Dollar Quartet".
Don't know if it will be any good or not, but I'm about to find out. :)

(So far the guy who plays Elvis sounds just like him).

Did you watch more of this Barb? I wonder if it will show over here?

Did you watch more of this Barb? I wonder if it will show over here?
Actually, I never got to see it again. Apparently the CMT channel was taken off my basic cable OR I just happened to catch the first episode on a free weekend or something.

One person who seems to be watching it and loving it, is Harry Connick, Jr. I've caught his talk show a few times and he's had the actors on there and he's raving about it.

Actually, I never got to see it again. Apparently the CMT channel was taken off my basic cable OR I just happened to catch the first episode on a free weekend or something.

One person who seems to be watching it and loving it, is Harry Connick, Jr. I've caught his talk show a few times and he's had the actors on there and he's raving about it.
Don't you just hate it when that happens?! It's happened to me before; I've enjoyed a first episode of a series only for the free trial to run out! It sounds great and I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open for it. I recently read the Elvis biography Last Train to Memphis and those early days of Sun Records are something that captivated me. Segregation and all of that post war 50's ignorance mixed into the early stages of such a golden age in music is both poignantly sad and fascinating. Sun Records really seems like a ray of light during that time. Not saying it was all doom and gloom, just the ignorance of how people were treated makes me embarrassed to be white, or atleast embarrassed for those who had -it still exists of course- acted in such an ignorant way. Anyways, I seem to be blabbering on some strange reflective tangent. Not sure what's come over me tonight.

Back