Michael wanted to be in X-Men.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Who did you have pictured in your mind when you were writing the script? Was Patrick Stewart or anyone else attached at the time?

"I was writing it for the comic book characters. I was brought on as they were casting, so I was lucky enough to be there for some of the people who came in like Terence Stamp for Xavier and Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey for Storm. Michael Jackson came in because he wanted to play Professor X. It was amazing. Shaq came in. Viggo Mortensen came in. I really liked Viggo for Wolverine, but it didn't come together for whatever reason. Angela Bassett was our first choice for Storm, but her agents wanted more money than we had at the time. Same with Rachael Leigh Cook for Rogue." -David Hayter

Here's a link to the entire interview.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-screenwriter-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-casting-drama-982045

Last edited:
Wow, Michael and Viggo Mortensen in the same movie, imagine that

I really can't imagine Michael as Professor X. Patrick Stewart was perfect for the role

I really can't imagine Michael as Professor X. Patrick Stewart was perfect for the role

I can agree, I doubt Michael would be Professor X, but I'm glad they think Michael would be possible to be in the X-Men film.

Marvel

Never heard this, but I remember there was a story that Mike wanted to buy Marvel Comics.

Wouldn't that mean Michael would have to be bald in the film? :p

After all, Professor X was a bald dude!
Professor_X_03.jpg

Obviously, we are all huge fans of MJ so I say this with pain but as a comic reader, MJ would of made a terrible Professor X... It's not that he was a terrible actor its that he just isn't Professor X in any way shape or form, no way on earth would he be right for that role, there was a rumor that he wanted to play Spider-Man as well, again he wouldn't of been right for it. I thought he was really good as Agent M. in Men in Black II though.. I suppose if he had a role like that, his own character then it would of been great.

Obviously, we are all huge fans of MJ so I say this with pain but as a comic reader, MJ would of made a terrible Professor X... It's not that he was a terrible actor its that he just isn't Professor X in any way shape or form, no way on earth would he be right for that role, there was a rumor that he wanted to play Spider-Man as well, again he wouldn't of been right for it. I thought he was really good as Agent M. in Men in Black II though.. I suppose if he had a role like that, his own character then it would of been great.

Yeah, agreed. I really struggle to visualise an older Michael Jackson as a Spider-Man, and tbh I think audiences would find it hard to see him/his face and think "It's Professor X!" instead of "Oh hey it's Michael Jackson". Would've been cool to have him be a bit of a more expanded side character as Agent MJ actually, wouldn't mind seeing him be a secret agent or some shit :lol:

Yeah, agreed. I really struggle to visualise an older Michael Jackson as a Spider-Man, and tbh I think audiences would find it hard to see him/his face and think "It's Professor X!" instead of "Oh hey it's Michael Jackson". Would've been cool to have him be a bit of a more expanded side character as Agent MJ actually, wouldn't mind seeing him be a secret agent or some shit :lol:

I agree, I think because they are already established characters they have to be and look a certain way which puts MJ out the picture but Agent MJ is his own character that can't be recast now because no one suits (no pun intended :D) that character better than MJ so if he had his own show or character then it would be perfect! :yes:

I believe Michael would have been great as Edward Scissor Hands. It's a shame Michael couldn't do it because of the allegations/trial in 05. I hear Michael was their first choice.

Batman

I believe Michael would have been great as Edward ScissorHands.
That was Tim Burton wasn't it? There was a story years ago that the original idea for the Batman soundtrack was that one entire side was supposed to be by Mike and the other by Prince. It was said that this was the idea of Jack Nicholson. Mike's songs were going to be the light songs and Prince's songs were going to be dark.

Edward Scissorhands came out in 1990.
. I'm talking about the movie with JD as Edward. I could have sworn that movie was released in 05. If I'm mistaken though I apologize and I guess I heard wrong. I do think Michael would have been great as Edwatd though.

Re: Batman

That was Tim Burton wasn't it? There was a story years ago that the original idea for the Batman soundtrack was that one entire side was supposed to be by Mike and the other by Prince. It was said that this was the idea of Jack Nicholson. Mike's songs were going to be the light songs and Prince's songs were going to be dark.
. If you're refering to who played Edward. That was Johnny Depp. Oh what a great idea for the Batman soundtrack. I would have loved that.

@analogue, you're right. Edward scissorhands came out in 1990. I just looked it up. I don't know how I got 1990 mixed up with 05. My mistake everyone. I still think Michael would have been a good Edward Scissorhands. Am I alone on that?

. If you're referring to who played Edward. That was Johnny Depp. Oh what a great idea for the Batman soundtrack. I would have loved that.
I was talking about the director, not the actor. That's why I mentioned Batman, which was also directed by Tim. The 2005 movie you are talking about might be the Willie Wonka remake Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

I was talking about the director, not the actor. That's why I mentioned Batman, which was also directed by Tim. The 2005 movie you are talking about might be the Willie Wonka remake Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.
. Oh the director. My mistake again.lol. Yea, I think I may have gotten Edward Scissorhands and Willie Wonka mixed up.

@analogue, you're right. Edward scissorhands came out in 1990. I just looked it up. I don't know how I got 1990 mixed up with 05. My mistake everyone. I still think Michael would have been a good Edward Scissorhands. Am I alone on that?
No, you're not alone. I think he would have been absolutely terrific in that part. He REALLY wanted it too and lobbied HARD for it. I think Tim Burton was afraid that his Michael Jackson persona (he had just come off the BAD tour) would overshadow his Edward character and that's why he went for Johnny-people would be seeing MICHAEL JACKSON and not Edward. But actually, I think of Michael's sweetness in the Wiz and think he was tailor made for that role.

I think that may be one of the reasons he starts Ghosts with the same type of Universal/Frankenstein scene that Edward Scissorhands has. It's like his version.

Yes, I read that too about the Batman soundtrack-Prince was to do the up-tempo songs and Michael was to do the ballads. Good idea. Too bad it didn't happen.

I remember Michael did an internet chat during the HIStory promo, and he said if he could play a super hero he would choose Morph from the x-men.

I think the reason he didn't do the Batman album was because he was on tour?

Back