Ultimate Collection on Spotify - All songs not available?

englishhooligan

Proud Member
Whenever I go on spotify (US) I can't seem to play the following songs:

- Ease on Down the Road
- You Can't Win
- Sunset Driver
- PYT Demo
- Scared of the Moon
- We Are the World
- We Are Here to Change the World
- Cheater
- Dangerous (Early version)
- Monkey Business
- Someone Put Your Hand Out
- Who is It (MIX)
- You Are Not Alone (Why?)
- On The Line
- Fall Again
- In the Back
- Beautiful Girl
- We've Had Enough

Essentially I can't play songs not released on albums. Why?

Are you a premium user or free user? - Don't know if that could mean something?

Ease On Down The Road is the only track unavailable in Ireland anyway, and I'm Premium.

Might have something to do with Diana's "Diana sings songs from the Wiz" album that was released not too long ago?

Last edited:
Ya, I don't have premium and I doubt that would be the reason I can't add them on my playlist or anything.

This is why I'll never rely on a streaming service. They can pull any track at any time.
I'll continue to own my own music thanks.

This is why I'll never rely on a streaming service. They can pull any track at any time.

I mean, I have the Ultimate Collection but sometimes I want to just shuffle my spotify in the car and I need songs like We've Had Enough or On the Line.

I hate streaming. I prefer to just buy my music. That's more convenient for me.

That's why you use a streaming service that allows you to upload your own music, such as Google Play or Apple Music ;)

See Sony/The Estate could take down the entire MJ catalogue off streaming services tomorrow but it wouldn't affect me since I can just upload my own copies up there, plus I get the benefit of being able to stream 40,000,000+ songs :D

They didn't pull anything. Only some songs aren't available to free users, only Premium.

I actually just checked this and you're right. As a free member, the demos do not play for me and are greyed out, but they show up fine and play for my brother who has a Premium account. This is really odd and inconsistent as Premium Songs are meant to be labeled as such:

pu4vjEn.png

I buy my music too - in iTunes.

But I have made some albums myself - with songs ripped from youtube and albums I already owned I just copied to iTunes.

BUT I have a HUGE problem now...

My PC just died a few days ago - no warning, so no back-up... - On my iPhone I still have ALL the songs, albums etc. also them I made myself with People of The World etc. etc. and albums I ripped from my CD.

Does anyone know how I copy albums from my iPhone to iTunes?? - no need for anti-apple comments, just some help please. :)

I would be so very happy to get all my albums and songs on my computer again - cause all my BOSE soundtouch systems can only play at once from my computer - so I really need all the music to get back on my computer...

Anyone who knows how I do it?

I'll never switch to streaming. Old school and proud.

You both should really try streaming!
I've bought/buy Michael's music, but I also stream him a lot (more then I listen to the bought songs).
The streaming also helps his album sales because now with the new rules 1500 streams equals one album sale. :)

I buy my music too - in iTunes.

But I have made some albums myself - with songs ripped from youtube and albums I already owned I just copied to iTunes.

BUT I have a HUGE problem now...

My PC just died a few days ago - no warning, so no back-up... - On my iPhone I still have ALL the songs, albums etc. also them I made myself with People of The World etc. etc. and albums I ripped from my CD.

Does anyone know how I copy albums from my iPhone to iTunes?? - no need for anti-apple comments, just some help please. :)

I would be so very happy to get all my albums and songs on my computer again - cause all my BOSE soundtouch systems can only play at once from my computer - so I really need all the music to get back on my computer...

Anyone who knows how I do it?

Back up your computer mate ;)

Windows, try this: https://www.getsharepod.com/

Mac, try this: https://macroplant.com/iexplorer (Could be some free alternatives if you google more!).

If you buy your music on the iTunes Store, you can just plug in your iPhone and go onto iTunes: File > Organise Library > Transfer Purchases (something like this, I'm going off the top of my head). This transfers everything off your iPhone that was bought off iTunes. Alternatively, go to the purchased selection of the iTunes Store and you can redownload everything purchased there for free!

Back up your computer mate ;)

Windows, try this: https://www.getsharepod.com/

Mac, try this: https://macroplant.com/iexplorer (Could be some free alternatives if you google more!).

If you buy your music on the iTunes Store, you can just plug in your iPhone and go onto iTunes: File > Organise Library > Transfer Purchases (something like this, I'm going off the top of my head). This transfers everything off your iPhone that was bought off iTunes. Alternatively, go to the purchased selection of the iTunes Store and you can redownload everything purchased there for free!

All the music I have bought is on my PC. That part was quite easy actually.

But the albums I have made myself - with MJ demos, and stuff like that - they are still on my iPhone(iTunes), but not on my iTunes on my computer...

If they're still on your iPhone you can get them off there, at least I did it with my iPod years ago.

Best to search a guide on apple forums or something. I'm sure you can get them back. Good luck!

All the music I have bought is on my PC. That part was quite easy actually.

But the albums I have made myself - with MJ demos, and stuff like that - they are still on my iPhone(iTunes), but not on my iTunes on my computer...

Use the one of the first two links I posted then. The Windows option is free too I believe :)

If they're still on your iPhone you can get them off there, at least I did it with my iPod years ago.

Best to search a guide on apple forums or something. I'm sure you can get them back. Good luck!

I'll try that.

Use the one of the first two links I posted then. The Windows option is free too I believe :)

Thanks. I have windows - so I'll check it out.

The Ultimate Collection isn't available on Spotify anymore. That means I'm unable to listen to some of my favorite Michael Jackson songs like We've Had Enough, P.Y.T Demo, Scared of the Moon, Dangerous Demo. Great work Sony! (y)

The Ultimate Collection isn't available on Spotify anymore. That means I'm unable to listen to some of my favorite Michael Jackson songs like We've Had Enough, P.Y.T Demo, Scared of the Moon, Dangerous Demo. Great work Sony! (y)

How are you listening? Don't you have them on your phone/computer?

What's the deal with the black and white ones? I got it when it came out and there were no white copies available in the shops.

What's the deal with the black and white ones? I got it when it came out and there were no white copies available in the shops.

I remember the same in UK - only the black one. Maybe the white one was a recent re-issue? MJ had it in his bedroom when he passed

I'm not completely sure, but I think the black ones were for the first issue (2004) and then the white ones became available in a later issue. I bought mine in 2011, when I was trying to complete my collection and fill my shelves with items I didn't have previously. At that time, some of my friends had the black, but I couldn't find a black one anywhere.

I always thought the black one was released in Europe - and the white one in the US.

I have both versions - and I think I had to order the white one on amazon or something from a different country because it was not released in Denmark.

Pretty sure both black and white were available when it first came out. Different regions maybe.

Back