Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: Casio tracks

   
  1. #76
    Points: 12,394, Level: 72
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,636
    Points
    12,394
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    1,736
    Thanked 3,634 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    AlwaysThere - I'll take your challenge, can you provide one of those documents for many unreleased material? Because up to the point through Michaels life (I am not saying I believe Cascio tracks are Michael) but IF they were - could have stayed unreleased forever for all we know. Id say there are plenty of undocumented songs that we've heard about that we've never seen anything for.. I promise you there are songs we don't even know about now.. Did we know about This Is It before the movie?
    You misunderstand what I meant. There certainly are a plethora of songs that we still don't know exist. We learn more and more on almost an annual basis. But for almost every song that has been released, there is some sort of evidence that directly links it to him in some way.

    If you asked me for proof that Michael ever worked on "Best of Joy" or "Much Too Soon," I could point you to studio session notes or lyric sheets in Michael's unmistakable and inimitable handwriting. If you asked the same for "Beautiful Girl," I could point you to footage of Michael listening to it with Brad Buxer, Geraldo Rivera, and Michael Prince in a Los Angeles recording studio. If you asked the same for "In the Back," I could acknowledge the simple fact that it was released during Michael's lifetime. Every song has some sort of link, whether its handwritten notes, video footage, audio of Michael in the studio discussing the song with someone, or a multitude of reliable witnesses who can attest to its legitimacy.

    If you asked me that for "Breaking News," "Monster" or "Keep Your Head Up," I can give you absolutely nothing. That's where the confusion settles: they're the only songs in Michael's catalog that no one can prove are real.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Points: 25,550, Level: 96
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    10,807
    Points
    25,550
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    ^ My point was (if I am giving these tracks the benefit of the doubt) just for argument sake.. If these were tracks Michael abandoned and never planned releasing - that would be a viable reason why notes and documents are not in possession by the Cascios.

    I'm not saying I believe it's MJ but If Michael were to record stuff In my home I can't say I'd have documents to prove it.. I mean it's a home studio, no log in for studio sessions etc.. I mean I'd trip out and rec every moment If he were ok with it but that's the fan out of me.
    **He lives forever within us**

  4. #78
    Points: 61,666, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    respect77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    15,358
    Points
    61,666
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    19,838
    Thanked 34,934 Times in 9,057 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    You misunderstand what I meant. There certainly are a plethora of songs that we still don't know exist. We learn more and more on almost an annual basis. But for almost every song that has been released, there is some sort of evidence that directly links it to him in some way.

    If you asked me for proof that Michael ever worked on "Best of Joy" or "Much Too Soon," I could point you to studio session notes or lyric sheets in Michael's unmistakable and inimitable handwriting. If you asked the same for "Beautiful Girl," I could point you to footage of Michael listening to it with Brad Buxer, Geraldo Rivera, and Michael Prince in a Los Angeles recording studio. If you asked the same for "In the Back," I could acknowledge the simple fact that it was released during Michael's lifetime. Every song has some sort of link, whether its handwritten notes, video footage, audio of Michael in the studio discussing the song with someone, or a multitude of reliable witnesses who can attest to its legitimacy.

    If you asked me that for "Breaking News," "Monster" or "Keep Your Head Up," I can give you absolutely nothing. That's where the confusion settles: they're the only songs in Michael's catalog that no one can prove are real.
    And didn't Eddie claim he just deleted every file documenting the work process (different versions, outtakes etc) because MJ requested that because supposedly that was his modus operand? Problem is that was NEVER MJ's modus operandi. We still have the demos, outtakes, different versions to many of his songs, I have never heard anyone else claim that deleting work files was his MO. Then wasn't there a claim about all data being lost because of a broken hard drive? It's a bit too convenient that it is exactly for these songs that someone would need all kind of - pretty hard to believe - excuses like that.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Points: 5,484, Level: 47
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Points
    5,484
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    2,765
    Thanked 655 Times in 359 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    And didn't Eddie claim he just deleted every file documenting the work process (different versions, outtakes etc) because MJ requested that because supposedly that was his modus operand? Problem is that was NEVER MJ's modus operandi. We still have the demos, outtakes, different versions to many of his songs, I have never heard anyone else claim that deleting work files was his MO. Then wasn't there a claim about all data being lost because of a broken hard drive? It's a bit too convenient that it is exactly for these songs that someone would need all kind of - pretty hard to believe - excuses like that.
    Yeah, first they were deleted because MJ loved them so much, then the hard drive was broken. LOL. Pretty sure birchey said that the same hard drive had never even been used when it was analysed.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  8. #80
    Points: 18,662, Level: 86
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    innuendo141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Clare, Ireland
    Posts
    3,498
    Points
    18,662
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    2,409
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,505 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    And didn't Eddie claim he just deleted every file documenting the work process (different versions, outtakes etc) because MJ requested that because supposedly that was his modus operand? Problem is that was NEVER MJ's modus operandi. We still have the demos, outtakes, different versions to many of his songs, I have never heard anyone else claim that deleting work files was his MO. Then wasn't there a claim about all data being lost because of a broken hard drive? It's a bit too convenient that it is exactly for these songs that someone would need all kind of - pretty hard to believe - excuses like that.
    Dont forget the piping. The PVC piping is the key.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

    No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:


  10. #81
    Points: 5,484, Level: 47
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Points
    5,484
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    2,765
    Thanked 655 Times in 359 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    Dont forget the piping. The PVC piping is the key.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    It is crucial as to how MJ's vocals turned into Jason Malachi's.

  11. #82
    Points: 13,331, Level: 75
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A capricious anomaly in the sea of space
    Posts
    2,360
    Points
    13,331
    Level
    75
    Blog Entries
    28
    Thanks
    430
    Thanked 121 Times in 63 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Releasing these songs was the worst thing the Estate ever did. Where were their heads at??? I guess the thing that baffles me the most was, why was it so important, so crucial, that these songs be included on the album? That space could have been filled with I Am a Loser, or People of the World. Those songs deserve to be on an album and likely won't, judging from Branca's recent remarks.

    I have to say, a part of me is embarrassed that I own that album. When Breaking News first came out, I tried to deny the possibility that I was hearing someone else's vocals, but it was too obvious when the album was released and I listened to the whole thing.

    I really hope that something comes of the lawsuit, so the issue can be put to bed once and for all.

  12. #83
    Points: 25,550, Level: 96
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    10,807
    Points
    25,550
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    ^ whatever is thought of the cascio tracks, that album still has good MJ music! no reason to be embarrassed. 70% of the album is NON Cascio tracks.
    **He lives forever within us**

  13. #84
    Points: 18,662, Level: 86
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    innuendo141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Clare, Ireland
    Posts
    3,498
    Points
    18,662
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    2,409
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,505 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    ^ whatever is thought of the cascio tracks, that album still has good MJ music! no reason to be embarrassed. 70% of the album is NON Cascio tracks.
    Its too big to ignore that this was allowed happen to Michaels legacy. It's unheard of, completely disrespectful and downright embarrassing.

    The other songs are good, but the Michael album in my eyes pissed all over the blood, sweat and tears the man gave to master his craft in order to give the very best when it came to his work and how he worked.

    As far as I'm concerned they may as well have used Bruce Springsteen. He doesn't sound like Michael Jackson, and either does whoever is singing those piss poor cash grabs.

    No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    Points: 61,666, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    respect77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    15,358
    Points
    61,666
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    19,838
    Thanked 34,934 Times in 9,057 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    Its too big to ignore that this was allowed happen to Michaels legacy. It's unheard of, completely disrespectful and downright embarrassing.
    Yes, I will never understand how some fans shrug as if it is nothing. It's the most disrespectful thing anyone can do to an artist's legacy. And totally unprecedented like you said. If Milli Vanili was a huge scandal this should be 10 times as big.

    If there was a controversy around the songs even before their release - and there was acc. to Tarryll - then they should have put them aside and replace them with other songs for the album until the issue was resolved. But no, they got greedy and had to push ahead and totally disregarded those concerns.

    I am not an Estate hater but this was beyond disrespectful to the artist they represent.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:


  17. #86
    Points: 15,584, Level: 80
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Pink Diamond Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Place With No Name.
    Posts
    2,895
    Points
    15,584
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    1,245
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 940 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    Its too big to ignore that this was allowed happen to Michaels legacy. It's unheard of, completely disrespectful and downright embarrassing.

    The other songs are good, but the Michael album in my eyes pissed all over the blood, sweat and tears the man gave to master his craft in order to give the very best when it came to his work and how he worked.

    As far as I'm concerned they may as well have used Bruce Springsteen. He doesn't sound like Michael Jackson, and either does whoever is singing those piss poor cash grabs.
    MTE.
    Cosigned, liked, and would pos rep if I could (I apparently pos repped you to recently to do it again).
    I enjoy the rest of the album, but I will forever side eye those songs and the estate for releasing them to the public.

    The humble King/Emperor of all music and entertainment, AKA The Greatest entertainer of all time, The standard, and Your faves fave.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Diamond Princess For This Useful Post:


  19. #87
    Points: 5,484, Level: 47
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,055
    Points
    5,484
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    2,765
    Thanked 655 Times in 359 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    Yes, I will never understand how some fans shrug as if it is nothing. It's the most disrespectful thing anyone can do to an artist's legacy. And totally unprecedented like you said. If Milli Vanili was a huge scandal this should be 10 times as big.

    If there was a controversy around the songs even before their release - and there was acc. to Tarryll - then they should have put them aside and replace them with other songs for the album until the issue was resolved. But no, they got greedy and had to push ahead and totally disregarded those concerns.

    I am not an Estate hater but this was beyond disrespectful to the artist they represent.
    Yes, most of the people that heard them either couldn't confidently say they were MJ or thought they were outright fake. Teddy Riley only worked on them in hopes he would receive a real MJ song to work on. Sad indeed.

  20. #88
    Points: 13,331, Level: 75
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    A capricious anomaly in the sea of space
    Posts
    2,360
    Points
    13,331
    Level
    75
    Blog Entries
    28
    Thanks
    430
    Thanked 121 Times in 63 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    ^ whatever is thought of the cascio tracks, that album still has good MJ music! no reason to be embarrassed. 70% of the album is NON Cascio tracks.
    That's the only consolation.

  21. #89
    Points: 12,394, Level: 72
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,636
    Points
    12,394
    Level
    72
    Thanks
    1,736
    Thanked 3,634 Times in 1,341 Posts

    Default Re: Casio tracks

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    ^ My point was (if I am giving these tracks the benefit of the doubt) just for argument sake.. If these were tracks Michael abandoned and never planned releasing - that would be a viable reason why notes and documents are not in possession by the Cascios.

    I'm not saying I believe it's MJ but If Michael were to record stuff In my home I can't say I'd have documents to prove it.. I mean it's a home studio, no log in for studio sessions etc.. I mean I'd trip out and rec every moment If he were ok with it but that's the fan out of me.
    Seems a little far fetched for my liking. I can see your point of view, but it's just hard to grasp.

    They wrote and recorded with Michael Jackson and kept NOTHING? I can believe that some things would get misplaced over the three year interval, but not a single lyric sheet or studio session note exists? They didn't take any photographs or videos? They didn't backup the multitracks to another hard drive -- not that that would matter any, because Michael was so impressed with his vocal that he insisted all vocal outtakes be deleted. (It wouldn't make much sense for Michael to hold his performance to such a high standard if Teddy Riley insisted they needed Melodyne though, right?) Or didn't Eddie wipe the hard drive to clear up space? He's quite inconsistent with his stories; I can't be sure.

    There are too many conveniences at play.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •