Votes: 24 80.0%
  • HIStory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood on The Dance Floor

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Invincible

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Apart from Dangerous, Bad was always my favourite but right now Thriller is tops for me. It's so iconic and he looks cool as hell in the white suit that belonged to the photographer. :cool:

I would have said a tie between BAD and Off the Wall, but I distinctly remember "freaking out" at the record store when I first saw BAD, and I don't remember a similar absurdly crazy moment with Off the Wall-

so I go with BAD.

Thriller. It's so cool seeing MJ wearing that white suit and laying down, chilling like a boss.

It's a tie between Thriller and Blood On The Dancefloor. I really like the artwork for BOTDF.

I would have said a tie between BAD and Off the Wall, but I distinctly remember "freaking out" at the record store when I first saw BAD, and I don't remember a similar absurdly crazy moment with Off the Wall-

so I go with BAD.
The 3 Quincy albums all have the best album covers for sure. Of course Dangerous is genius incredible but Off The Wall -I just love it- Thriller and Bad are so perfectly 80's and brilliant. I also flipped out when I saw the Bad cover! Perfection! He really pops against the white and that red Bad logo!

From one end....

324c27_f67de0c8d2074047836ec48866f1f7ee.jpg_256

To the other....

270fe03613aaa7fc9034f38786c0aaf6.jpg

Plus this one.......if I may. :)
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
^^I do prefer that later photo session for Off the Wall over the original smiling one. He looks dangerously sultry there. But I liked Off the Wall, too, because you could open up the cover and pin it on your wall. haha.

I completely forgot about BOTDF. I change my vote from Thriller to BOTDF. I love the artwork and there is something haunting about those collapsing buildings in the background. It's as if he is predicting a disastrous future event such as 9/11.

I completely forgot about BOTDF. I change my vote from Thriller to BOTDF. I love the artwork and there is something haunting about those collapsing buildings in the background. It's as if he is predicting a disastrous future event such as 9/11.
Conspiracy theorist will NOT let this go.
They will BEAT YOU DOWN that the BOTDF album cover confirms Michael's involvement with the illuminati (or some other secret organization/society:lol:) when in reality it was just a coincidence.
It's both funny and sad.:mello:

I'm going to say Dangerous anyway and you can't do anything about it ;)

Alongside Dangerous, I love Bad and it's simplicity, especially the red logo. I actually like all of his artwork tbh, I never felt any were that bad (I think Invincible's would've looked better in the white-on-black scheme though).

I also really love Xscape's artwork! Seems like that space warp-hole thing is swallowing him up whole and he need's to xscape :p

I'm going to say Dangerous anyway and you can't do anything about it ;)
I guess it's an album cover that's so good it makes people break the rules. :lol:

Alongside Dangerous, I love Bad and it's simplicity, especially the red logo. I actually like all of his artwork tbh, I never felt any were that bad (I think Invincible's would've looked better in the white-on-black scheme though).

I also really love Xscape's artwork! Seems like that space warp-hole thing is swallowing him up whole and he need's to xscape :p
I actually really like the Xscape artwork too!
Especially the one with the gold BG.:)

Despite what you said about not choosing Dangerous. I am still choosing Dangerous it is my number 1 favorite. I mean look at that cover. I have notice things on the cover. That I have never notice before. And this was years after getting the album. But I will definitely say that BOTDF and HIStory are a close 2nd and 3rd favorite. I once had posters on my bedroom walls of those 2 album covers. And my bedroom was once covered with pictures and posters of him. I still miss my MJ shrine. I used to call my bedroom that at one time. He was my total obsession back when we still had him.:( :boohoo

Dangerous. It has as much going on on the cover as on the record itself!

Blood on the Dance Floor is 2nd for me. What a great picture that is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dangerous by far, all his album covers are cool. But Dangerous has so much detail and intricacy and kind of shows you how complex Michael and his emotion are. There are so many layers - it is just cool.

I have to admit that the grandeur of the “HIStory’ cover appeals to me a lot, so I would say that it is my favorite cover (despite the fact that many people/critics inveigh against it, mainly for its ego references).

But ‘Dangerous’ comes first if we include it as an option. My only complaint about the ‘Dangerous’ cover has to do with the cassette format; the cropping process destroyed the biggest part of its whole magic!

Concerning the ‘BAD’ cover, I may sound captious here, but I think the vast amount of the polish on MJ's face runs counter to the macho/gangsta image that they wanted to project on that cover & subsequently on that album’s main theme.

As for the ‘Invincible’ cover, I think it could have been done in a lot other better ways. It was reported back then that one possibility that they also considered for that cover was just a golden jacket with the words ‘King Of Pop’ above it.

mj_frenzy;4187265 said:
I have to admit that the grandeur of the “HIStory’ cover appeals to me a lot, so I would say that it is my favorite cover (despite the fact that many people/critics inveigh against it, mainly for its ego references).
I also love the HIStory cover a lot

HIStory cover is the most boring for me. I'm not a fan of the statue. I wanna see MJ the man on the cover, not some statue of his.

HIStory cover is the most boring for me. I'm not a fan of the statue. I wanna see MJ the man on the cover, not some statue of his.

Yeah but in all reality, Michael never really appeared on a cover since Bad.

Dangerous was eyes only and HIStory, BOTDF and Invincible were all pictures/computer generated.

Yeah but in all reality, Michael never really appeared on a cover since Bad.

Dangerous was eyes only and HIStory, BOTDF and Invincible were all pictures/computer generated.

No, I understand that. I don't mind a picture on the cover as long as it's Michael's. A statue is completely different to a picture.

Back