Best duet?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
What do you think the best MJ duet is.
And no, you can't pick a duet where one of the people were no longer living at the time of its creation/release.
Now go!

I'm gonna say Scream myself.:)

Last edited:
Say Say Say! Fantastic artist, fantastic song and fantastic music video!

Best: Scream
Worst: The Girl is Mine (and in fact, worst MJ song period)

Just Good Friends.

There is nothing like Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder riffing over one another. It's not a GREAT song, but I'll be damned if their vocals don't save it.

No poll?

Yeah, it's gotta be Scream. Followed by Say Say Say and then Why.
I love that you chose Why. Love love this song, and Id put it up there, so Id choose IJCSLY, Why, State of Shock. Definitely the ones I listen to the most.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

And Say Say Say. Cant edit my post!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well I love The Girl Is Mine.

Ones I play the most are probably Scream, Why (if a duet can be between more than two people?), Say, Say, Say, State of Shock. Although the latter two should have been trimmed at the end by 25 seconds.

Also really like IJCSLY, especially live.

Not too bothered about It's the Falling In Love and don't consider In The Closet a duet.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You and It's The Falling In Love. I know many don't like ITFIL but I love the song. MJ's vocals are great and he seemed to have good chemistry with Patti Austin who complimented him very well in the song.

I like Scream too but I won't say I love it like I love the above two tracks. It's a shame that they only duet Michael and Janet did was an angry song fighting back against the injustice. I wish they had done a more happier song.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Eaten Alive, Ease Down The Road, Scream, Say Say Say

Last edited:
Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'
Say Say Say (Jellybean 12" Remix)
The Man
Get It
Save Me
When We Grow Up
Butterflies (Track Masters Master Mix
)
It's The Falling In Love

Say Say Say, IJCSLY, Scream

There are others that are featuring others that I like but I don't really consider a 'duet'

Say Say Say, I just Can't Stop Loving You, Scream, There must be more to life than this - but not nessecarily the released version.

Nite Line;4187003 said:
I like Scream too but I won't say I love it like I love the above two tracks. It's a shame that they only duet Michael and Janet did was an angry song fighting back against the injustice. I wish they had done a more happier song.

In fact, MJ was going to record a duet with Janet (not an angry one) even before ‘Scream’.

Janet revealed that MJ wanted to make a duet with her (by letting her sing some of his lyrics) since the early 90s.

But she turned down MJ’s offer because she was busy touring at that time (with her Rhythm Nation Tour) but also because she did not want people to think that she was attempting to ride on his coattails.

Some years later MJ found the perfect opportunity. So, he called her again & asked her to sing some of the lyrics (that MJ wrote) for ‘Scream’.

Janet accepted & eventually ‘Scream’ came to life as a duet.

In my opinion, ‘Scream’ is his best duet from his entire catalogue.

mj_frenzy;4231698 said:
In my opinion, ‘Scream’ is his best duet from his entire catalogue.

Probably Say Say Say or Can't Stop for me.

Scream is my favourite duet but I think Say,Say,Say is probably the most accessible for non-fans.
I'm not a big fan of any of the others.

Just Good Friends.

There is nothing like Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder riffing over one another. It's not a GREAT song, but I'll be damned if their vocals don't save it.

This is tied with Scream actually thinking about it. I will never ever understand the hate this song gets. It is absolutely one of the best songs from Bad and still sounds amazing today.

Tough this one

Probably Scream because there's nothing I would change about it. I love it and the amazing short film

But shout out to Say Say Say and also Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming, if only TMIND had been a duet with Stevie instead of Jermaine

1.. Scream
2.. I just cant stop loving you
3.. All in your name
4.. Just good friends

This is tied with Scream actually thinking about it. I will never ever understand the hate this song gets. It is absolutely one of the best songs from Bad and still sounds amazing today.

The reason Just Good Friends gets hate isn't because it's a terrible song, but because fans expected a lot better from a Michael and Stevie Wonder duet. Here you have two of the greatest artists, two of the greatest songwriters, and JGF is the song they chose for a duet. They could have done so much better. JGF is a decent song, but MJ & Stevie Wonder duet had to be more than decent. It had to be mind blowing, which JGF sadly wasn't.

1-I just can't stop loving You
2-All in your name(this touch muy soul) with Barry gibb
3-Scream
4-say say say

The reason Just Good Friends gets hate isn't because it's a terrible song, but because fans expected a lot better from a Michael and Stevie Wonder duet. Here you have two of the greatest artists, two of the greatest songwriters, and JGF is the song they chose for a duet. They could have done so much better. JGF is a decent song, but MJ & Stevie Wonder duet had to be more than decent. It had to be mind blowing, which JGF sadly wasn't.

I don't agree. The song is really good. I LOVE Mike's vocals on the song. In my opinion, it's even better than Speed Demon, which I don't understand why people choose Speed Demon above JGF. I wish they had a short film for the collab and that they officially released the song. I think it would have created a hype and most of the people would have loved the song.

I Love the "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" duet with Siedah Garrett.

Best: Scream
Worst: The Girl is Mine (and in fact, worst MJ song period)

No, that honor goes to Girlfriend. That was originally a McCartney/Wings song. Michael should have told him thanks but no thanks. Got The Hots would have been better in that spot.

Best duet has to be I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

Honorable Mention- The MJ/Freddie Mercury collaborations

Back