What song/album are you currently obsessed with?

HIStoric

Proud Member
What MJ song and/or album have you been playing a lot recently? Any particular reason why?

For me I've had HIStory on repeat these past few days! Especially Earth Song. For whatever reason, the more experimental/atypical and aggressive nature of the album has just been really appealing to me. History is such a great song too ^_^

Last edited:
Diana Ross presents the Jackson 5. Youve Changed.... ugh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Monkey Business, heard it by fluke for the first time in ages and now keep listening to it!

At the moment, I've Black Or White, Gone Too Soon, Don't Walk Away, Speechless and Heaven Can Wait on repeat.

^ Also I Can't Help It. I used to hate this song a few months ago but now I love it. I say it's one of his most underrated ballads. It's beautiful. His vocals are angelic.

What MJ song and/or album have you been playing a lot recently? Any particular reason why?

For me I've had HIStory on repeat these past few days! Especially Earth Song. For whatever reason, the more experimental/atypical and aggressive nature of the album has just been really appealing to me. History is such a great song too ^_^
Listening to Earth Song now with headphones on. The vocals and production on it are incredible, actually the entire HIStory album is superb. I remember reading a brilliant article a few years ago with Bruce Swedien talking about the techniques they used to get the accoustics so good in the studio. A special wooden platform was built especially for MJ to perform on.

Beat it, just brilliant and I have been obsessed with it since 1983.

aazzaabb;4187508 said:
Listening to Earth Song now with headphones on. The vocals and production on it are incredible, actually the entire HIStory album is superb. I remember reading a brilliant article a few years ago with Bruce Swedien talking about the techniques they used to get the accoustics so good in the studio. A special wooden platform was built especially for MJ to perform on.

I too find the ‘HIStory’ album sonically unequalled.

This comes down also to its costly mastering process, which made ‘HIStory’ “probably the most expensive album” in terms of mastering costs:

… Jackson’s people put up [Bernie] Grundman at a suite in the tony Pierre Hotel and arranged for him to work at the $400 an-hour Sony mastering operation. He told Swedien he’d have to haul in bulky equalizers from his own studio, at great expense… He [Grundman] estimated his personal costs at $200.000 ...” (MJ: The Genius of Michael Jackson, by Knopper)

You would also be amazed by some reliable accounts (from other books) about the meticulous & highly professional (production) work that was done also on other tracks from that album (such as, ‘Smile’).

HIStory is the best MJ has ever sounded on CD for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dangerous the album. - It's been quite a while since I heard it from beginning till end. - In the last few days I have heard the album repeatedly.

Keep The Faith, Heal The World, Will You Be There and Who Is It is the songs I hear the most.

AND actually...

I have been hearing the Immortal soundtrack CD a lot too. - I actually think it's a pretty cool album. It's not really a remix album, not a mash-up album, it's just the songs we all know to death spiced up a bit. - There are many cool moments. - The break-down in Earth Song is great. Speechless/Human Nature is nice too. - I like many of the songs, they are the same songs in new packaging. :)

I have been hearing the Immortal soundtrack CD a lot too. - I actually think it's a pretty cool album. It's not really a remix album, not a mash-up album, it's just the songs we all know to death spiced up a bit. - There are many cool moments. - The break-down in Earth Song is great. Speechless/Human Nature is nice too. - I like many of the songs, they are the same songs in new packaging.
Oh yes! I feel the same way at the moment. I haven't been listening to it properly for years, but it's such a wonderful album with so many little gems on it, like Earth Song or Human Nature or the fact that they put in Michael's speaking voice so often. I love listening to it! (also, it sounds so crystal clear, don't you think? They really made an effort.(y))

And even though HIStory is my favourite album, I'm currently obsessed with Dangerous (and I think I always will be b/c for me it's his most artistic and diverse album ever).

The Jackson 5, ABC. Such a brilliant album, one of the best Motown albums there is, one that's worthy of being held with the same regards as Michael's adult career albums.

Back