Michael MSG 2001 - 9/11

Glanni

Proud Member
Country
Germany
Hey, I am wondering how Michael witnessed the terror attack on 9/11. Where was he at that time? Was he still in NYC? Which Hotel? When did he leave NYC? Is anything known about it? I think he never talked about it. Thanks!

Hey, I am wondering how Michael witnessed the terror attack on 9/11. Where was he at that time? Was he still in NYC? Which Hotel? When did he leave NYC? Is anything known about it? I think he never talked about it. Thanks!
He was stranded in NYC and went to the Cascio family home.

I heard he had a business appointment in one of the Twin Towers that morning, but stayed on the phone with his Mom after performing on the 10th. As a result, he overslept, and thus lived another eight years.

On 9/11 he ordered a bus for his family to go back to Cali... He, Grace, nd the kids went to New Jersey and stayed with the Cascio family!

I heard he had a business appointment in one of the Twin Towers that morning, but stayed on the phone with his Mom after performing on the 10th. As a result, he overslept, and thus lived another eight years.

That's what I heard too

Pretty sure this was proven untrue.

I heard he drove home with Liz Taylor and Marlon Brando...

Frank Cascio says this in his book:

I had my alarm set for seven forty-five the next morning, because I was supposed to bring the $2 million watch back to the Bank of America, but I slept through the alarm and awoke only when the phone rang. It was Henry, Michael’s security guard. He said, “Hello, sir, I just want to let you know that planes hit the Twin Towers.”

The night before, everybody had been joking about how I was going to take off with the $2 million watch. Still in a fog, I didn’t properly understand what Henry was talking about and assumed it had something to do with the watch.

“Oh shit,” I said. “I’m sorry. I forgot to bring the watch there. I’ll go right now.” I started to scramble out of bed. I was late! I had to get to the World Trade Center—to Bank of America.

“No, sir,” Henry replied. “I don’t think you fully understand.

We need to get out of here. Do you have any idea where we can go?” I heard the panic in his voice and turned on the TV. Valerie was next to me, saying, “What’s going on? What’s going on?”

In a matter of seconds, we packed up our belongings and met Michael, Paris, Prince, Grace, and my brothers Eddie, Dominic, and Aldo at the car. I suggested we head to my parents’ house, but we soon realized that the bridges to New Jersey were closed. Luckily, one of the security guards was a retired chief of police. He called someone in the police department and got us permission to leave the city. As we crossed the George Washington Bridge, we looked downtown and saw the smoke. The first tower had fallen. “Wow,” Michael said, shaking his head. He started to say something, then looked at Prince, whose eyes were wide and innocent, and closed his mouth. But I know what was going through his head, because soon after we got to New Jersey, he started talking about how he could use the song “What More Can I Give” to raise money for the survivors and the families of victims of September 11.

I think his dancers went to Slash's hotel room because Michael and his entourage had left. It's been years since I read that part in Slash's book, so do not quote me on this.

Tony, that's just the skit from that stupid film.. story is made up

I remember when it happened, being so scared about where Michael was and if he was okay. All I knew is he was in NY to do the concerts

Last edited:
OK-I have to ask-who was wearing a $2 million dollar watch that Frank was supposed to return that day, and what happened to it?

Late August Mike went to NJ and spent his bday with the Cascios, the day after his bday went to NYC to open NASDAQ, on the 6th rehearsed for sections of 30th anniversary and that night did the MTV appearance with n'sync.. 7th first show, 10th second show, the 11th sent fam on a bus to Cali and went to NJ again to be with the Cascios and on the 16th announced he was going to record WMCIG! < always wondered how much of the song was written in 1999 since MJ & Friends Is the origins of WMCIG

I remember seeing a post on the official forums on the offical MJ website way back where this one user talked about how (s)he was in New York that day and witnessed Michael leave the hotel he was staying in and also happened to film it. Said person also added that (s)he wouldn't be sharing the footage because the kids weren't wearing their masks or something, I can't quite remember.

I remember seeing a post on the official forums on the offical MJ website way back where this one user talked about how (s)he was in New York that day and witnessed Michael leave the hotel he was staying in and also happened to film it. Said person also added that (s)he wouldn't be sharing the footage because the kids weren't wearing their masks or something, I can't quite remember.

You could be a court witness with specifics like that!

Back