Was mj a sad person

Rock with you33

Proud Member
Was he?
I read bout him that he was a very sad person and lonely person is it true?
Was it in currentain times of his life was he once a very happy person
How much lonely and sad he was?

I like to think he was happy once his kids came into his life but yeah I don't think he lived a very happy life. His rough childhood, then having to deal with his changing skin colour, dealing with all pressures and scrutiny of being a top star, the child molestation charges etc. Yeah his life was pretty tough and he didn't unfortunately had that.special someone in his life that we all need. I know that he was married twice briefly but he never really found love and that's sad.

In my opinion, yes. No question about it. No matter how much he was smiling on the outside, I can’t imagine anyone being “happy” with the way he was living in the past years of his life. Surrounded by people he couldn’t trust and no place to call home. The pain from childhood that never healed. Expected to look and perform as well as he did at his peak. Financial troubles. Not being able to sleep at night. He also used to talk about how lonely he was and that he cried in hotel rooms as his fans were chanting outside. It was dangerous to go out and interact with people.

Last edited:
I agree with the two above comments about MJ’s sadness, which was a result of many different factors. This cannot be denied, in spite of the fact that many of his fans want to think of him as a happy man (which of course is understandable).

Also, I cannot help but think certain public events where MJ looked particularly sad & even sorrowful. For example, when he visited NASDAQ in 2001 to celebrate his birthday, or, at Liza Minnelli’s wedding in 2002.

In both of those festive occasions he was supposed to be happy too, on the contrary he appeared to be on the verge of crying.

I think eyes tell it all.
His eyes, from Michael as a little boy until his death always looked hauntingly sad.
Like Blue Criminal said, he only appeared to be visibly happy when around children, but even then, after 2005, it looked as if nothing, even children(not his own of course) could make him happy.

It's very tragic how such a gifted and exceptional performance couldn't find solace.

Yeah I don't think he was a very happy person a lot of the time. Especially after 2003.

I think he was sad- according to his own admission.... it makes me so sad to know that someone who has brought so much incredible joy to MY life, couldn't really ever find his own

I know that if I was in MJ's position in '93 and '03 I would have been incredibly stressed, depressed, and much more. then throw in the medical issues and the negativity in the press about his skin colour etc.
Actually it must have been hard even at other times because the allegations haunted him for life. Wherever he went there people who thought he was guilty, and although there were fans there too he would have been hounded by the negativity. Just watch the Monaco World Music Awards from '96. There are quite clearly a couple of lads there who are aggressively shouting abuse at MJ during his performance. That must have been upsetting.

Well for sure much of his life he was unhappy, he has said and described it.. I do believe the older he got with his kids he found happiness but I am being honest when I say that I say happiness in retrospect to what he was before hand.. AND it must have gone in spouts and moments.. It saddens me to say but I am pretty positive he overall lived an unhappy life - but found joy & fulfillment in many things (accomplishments, his children, beauty in the world etc)

I'm sure MJ had days when he was very happy.....but you can't ignore all the crap that was dished out to him first by some members of his own family, by so called friends some who proved to be fairweathered, ongoing medical issues that were exploited by opportunistic doctors, dodgy business associates, ex-wives (with own their agendas) bogus allegations which led to a witch hunt and a trial which should have never happened, and topped off by a biased media who has been out for his blood since he was a teenager. All of this would caused him great pain and sadness....over the last 40 odd years!

I would say mostly no, but he seemed to find some peace while in Ireland. His kids would have brought him a level of happiness but it would be hard to be completely happy when surrounded by as many fake people as he was. He could count on one hand the amount of people who he could truly trust, and that would be truly depressing to live. There have been very few since his death who haven't talk to tabloids, written books, told their personal stories (most of which probably aren't true) - it shows what he had around him all the time. His eyes throughout the years often looked sad, only truly brightening after Prince was born and he spoke about being a Dad.

Was it true that he was on anti-depressants when he passed?

I think there was medication for anxiety in his room but he had only taken a few of them .

I believe he had many happy times with his siblings when he was younger, there were times he was happy with Lisa, creating music , working in the studio, being in the nature, meeting children.Many "friends# let him down but before that they could have some fun together.

From 2003 I think it was most sad times but then I read about a female singer who had met him in Oman and Michael was telling jokes.
There were bad times but there were good times too.

I think he struggled with a very deep pain for most of his life, likely due to Joe's parenting and people having crazy expectations of him since childhood. Performing seemed to energize him; he even said once that being on stage often felt like his true home. That obviously changed once his kids were born; he appeared to love them a great deal. But the 2003 trial stripped a lot away from him, especially with regard to his thoughts, emotions, and spirit. His lifelong battle with insomnia intensified, to the point he became addicted to propofol. That fateful morning was perhaps the one time someone should've taken a stand and refused him any drugs - career consequences be damned. When you're so frantic you require medical-grade anesthesia just to sleep...there is something very, very wrong.

Nobody fears for there life and carries the level of anxiety he did without sadness!! Happy moments does not erase pain, just distracts from.

Being a kind and warm human being like MJ æ- and then being accused for what he was accused of - actully more than just 93 and 03.

Bleched his skin, his sexuality, his looks, his ability to raise children etc. etc. he was accused of almost everything anyone can imagine.

And of course especially the Jordan and Arvizo cases broke his heart...

I think it's safe to say he was at times very very lonely and very sad... - He also said so himself, so I think we can take it as a fact.

He was the most bullied man on Earth. He was relentlessly investigated, persecuted, used and betrayed.
So I always found it unbelievable that amid all that he was such a fun person. Like who does this?
Remember he was afraid of little dogs because they bite. And apparently alligators do not bite.

Aaron Carter Remembers Michael Jackson Jumping Into an Alligator Pit

The pop singer shares fond memories of his friendship with the King of Pop as Fuse celebrates Michael Jackson's legacy with in honor of the anniversary of his untimely passing this Sunday, June 25
Carter reveals he used to live next door to Jackson's famous Neverland Ranch and even got a personal tour from MJ–and the shock of a lifetime. While walking the property Michael surprised Aaron when he "hopped into the alligator pit and started swinging on the alligator's tail...like it was his friend or something, and he was just laughing and giggling."

Reflecting on their times together, Carter fondly remembers Michael Jackson as someone who "always wanted to just have fun."

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2017/06/aaron-carter-remembers-michael-jackson-memories-interview

Yes and No the reason why i say that is Michael had some happy time and some sad time in his life but you can really never tell because Michael was a person who want to make a different in the world he want to bring peace to this world. His love for the children it was so beautiful to see to see the smile on their faces it brought joy to his heart. 1993 and 2003 were sad times in Michael life the one thing that was so pure to Michael heart was his love for the children and how ppls can be so cruel and turn that against him but Michael still kept going. Being a father brought joy to Michael life you saw the love he had for his children despite how alots of negative things was going on in his life. It was really hard to tell if Michael was sad or happy.

I'm sure there were some moments in his life when he was happy, the days with his kids and a few other ones. But i don't think he was ever truly 100% happy, and we can't blame him, with all the crap going on in his life..
Hope he is at peace and happy, wherever he is now.

redfrog;4197425 said:
He was the most bullied man on Earth. He was relentlessly investigated, persecuted, used and betrayed.
So I always found it unbelievable that amid all that he was such a fun person. Like who does this?
Remember he was afraid of little dogs because they bite. And apparently alligators do not bite.

Aaron Carter Remembers Michael Jackson Jumping Into an Alligator Pit

The pop singer shares fond memories of his friendship with the King of Pop as Fuse celebrates Michael Jackson's legacy with in honor of the anniversary of his untimely passing this Sunday, June 25
Carter reveals he used to live next door to Jackson's famous Neverland Ranch and even got a personal tour from MJ–and the shock of a lifetime. While walking the property Michael surprised Aaron when he "hopped into the alligator pit and started swinging on the alligator's tail...like it was his friend or something, and he was just laughing and giggling."

Reflecting on their times together, Carter fondly remembers Michael Jackson as someone who "always wanted to just have fun."

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2017/06/aaron-carter-remembers-michael-jackson-memories-interview

:banghead: :banghead: :doh: REALLY AARON!!!!! OF ALL THINGS TO REMEMBER AND TALK BOUT .... IT WAS THAT???!

Hi, I'm new..................

I think Michael wasn't a real sad person. He had a hard life and sometimes it wasn't easy for him. But I wouldn't say that he was sad the whole time.
Of course he had a stressful time when he did a tour. It is very hard to handle all the things.
But when it was over and he was "simply Michael" he wasn't sad. I think his nature was a funny guy who didn't like stress.

His sadness was "only" time to time. Not permanent.

I think Michael had some happy moments in his life for sure, but I think he was intrinsically sad....and lonely inside.
I believe it had to do with the repeated traumas he endured throughout his life (childhood abuse, head burning, public bullying/shaming/defamation/slander, the allegations, the trial, being used/manipulated by so many people, etc etc). There was a never-ending battle for him coupled with feeling like he had a duty to please everyone. He really just wanted to be loved and you can see that desperation in his eyes. Heartbreaking.

Was it true that he was on anti-depressants when he passed?

According to the autopsy report, Michael was apparently prescribed one SARI (anti-depressant), and 4 different benzodiazepines at the time (typically used to treat anxiety and panic disorders). The benzos have sedative properties, so it is possible they were prescribed for both anxiety and sleep purposes. Benzos were found in his system at the time of death though.

I personally have never heard Carter say anything negative about Michael, I have seen him not handle situations the way I would like.. Be more stern when being asked by people like Howard Stern etc. but that's about it.. Did I miss something?

Does that even make sense what Aaron is saying?! It seems he had some other thing or things to say about him in the past, why this?

Back