Any sporty/athletic fans here?

innuendo141

Proud Member
Country
Ireland
Anyone here take part in any sports? Im a long distance runner myself, 22nd marathon coming up in Paris in April. Im sure some of you would have seen me waffle on about how HIStory is my go-to tune for a race/training.

Interested to see if anyone else plays or trains in anything, and what the your training is like?

Most of my athletic energy goes into bodybuilding in some shape or form. Even to the extent coaching others for shows.. My first athletic love was dance though - most of my life.

I run 10 km twice a week out in the countryside - and love it!

Innuendo - I actually coach several personal trainers.. Coaching people is not my full time career though, more so a side gig I do because it's something I'm passionate about. interesting community to be around I'll say though.. associations with many world class professionals that also work with the likes of people like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and several pro bodybuilders..

Side note. The Rocks huge muscle gains within the last few years are from being coached by the same coach that trains some of the top bodybuilders in the word.. George farah!

stories for days in the fitness industry!

I'm a former Special Olympic swimmer. I won 2 gold, 2 silver and a bronze for the regionals at Peterborough. I still remember the time when I did practice in town that one morning, I did a 100m breaststroke first one done, but then had to redo it again for I don't know why, but we did it again and first one made it again, then after that I got a little sick, luckily I went to the locker room and I hurled up because I ate 2 bowls of Cheerios that early morning.

Around that same year, I also participated floor hockey, I had to go to Timmins and practice with the team, then that spring we went done to Midland and won silver. Then after all that I stopped doing Special Olympics and I had to focus on Student Council meetings I already signed up in high school.

During my first year of my independence, I coached a little for Special Olympic swimmings, then later I stopped going to the Pool Complex for unknown personal reason.

If I would do any sports again, I would like to find a team and go for "Hockey Night In Canada's" Play On (that's street hockey).

I'm a former Special Olympic swimmer. I won 2 gold, 2 silver and a bronze for the regionals at Peterborough. I still remember the time when I did practice in town that one morning, I did a 100m breaststroke first one done, but then had to redo it again for I don't know why, but we did it again and first one made it again, then after that I got a little sick, luckily I went to the locker room and I hurled up because I ate 2 bowls of Cheerios that early morning.

Around that same year, I also participated floor hockey, I had to go to Timmins and practice with the team, then that spring we went done to Midland and won silver. Then after all that I stopped doing Special Olympics and I had to focus on Student Council meetings I already signed up in high school.

During my first year of my independence, I coached a little for Special Olympic swimmings, then later I stopped going to the Pool Complex for unknown personal reason.

If I would do any sports again, I would like to find a team and go for "Hockey Night In Canada's" Play On (that's street hockey).

Thats incredible, Olympic swimmer! What years were you active? God you must have been so proud, as must everyone else!

Is it something you miss?

Innuendo - I actually coach several personal trainers.. Coaching people is not my full time career though, more so a side gig I do because it's something I'm passionate about. interesting community to be around I'll say though.. associations with many world class professionals that also work with the likes of people like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and several pro bodybuilders..

Side note. The Rocks huge muscle gains within the last few years are from being coached by the same coach that trains some of the top bodybuilders in the word.. George farah!

stories for days in the fitness industry!
That sounds like youve built a serious foundation, physically and professionally. I only use the gym for a couple of months at a time, and I always burn away most muscle built up during my last month of training before a race. Must say I was never able to take to the gym, and I only go because its necessary.

Thats incredible, Olympic swimmer! What years were you active? God you must have been so proud, as must everyone else!

Is it something you miss?

I really can't say how much I've been active, I joined Special Olympic swimming, because got out of junior basketball team after our coach Steve Kasper(ed) me (meaning he benched me the entire game like I'm Cam Neely and Kevin Stevens.

But yeah I was proud and I have no regrets.

Back