Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the estate holding off on releasing posthumous material due to the Robson allegations?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,451 Times in 2,782 Posts

Default Re: Are the estate holding off on releasing posthumous material due to the Robson allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    Ha! Just cos you abandoned us for warmer climes
    Lol.you can take the loiner out of Leeds..but😉

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,434 Times in 966 Posts

Default Re: Are the estate holding off on releasing posthumous material due to the Robson allegations?

I think there's probably some truth to this theory to be honest. What's the point in the estate trying to keep MJ's musical legacy alive and at the forefront, if everytime they do it, you have lawyers and snakes waiting to sabotage any release and use it as an opportunity to further their own financial agenda?

It makes sense to wait until the Robson case is finished before trying to do anything else with MJ's unreleased music.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    That's absolute rubbish. In no way would that be the reason why. No-one knows about this shite except us. If Sainsbury's stocked his records from 1993 onwards they wouldn't stop one release whilst still selling his other albums.

The reason is because they only have limited space for vinyl so rotate the offerings. For example since Bowie's passing more space is dedicated to him.

Not everything is a conspiracy!

Tony we're going to have to agree to disagree here.

I didn't say there was a conspiracy.

I believe what I said was true. Thriller was removed from the shelves and the other vinyl albums remained, and it happened at exactly the time there were days of negative reports about MJ that were covered in mainstream press in the UK. Thrilller had been in pride of place for months alongside other classic albums. It wasn't simply a case of Sainsbury's refreshing their stock as the very same vinyls that were sat next to Thriller are predominantly the same now even 8 months on. They were in a very visible position and so I expect that's why it was removed. On the other hand the few copies of Number Ones CD I spotted later were bundled together in the budget music section and so could well have missed if it was only the branch manager removing MJ stuff.

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,434 Times in 966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    Tony we're going to have to agree to disagree here.

I didn't say there was a conspiracy.

I believe what I said was true. Thriller was removed from the shelves and the other vinyl albums remained, and it happened at exactly the time there were days of negative reports about MJ that were covered in mainstream press in the UK. Thrilller had been in pride of place for months alongside other classic albums. It wasn't simply a case of Sainsbury's refreshing their stock as the very same vinyls that were sat next to Thriller are predominantly the same now even 8 months on. They were in a very visible position and so I expect that's why it was removed. On the other hand the few copies of Number Ones CD I spotted later were bundled together in the budget music section and so could well have missed if it was only the branch manager removing MJ stuff.
    Did you not consider the possibility that someone bought it?