Beat It VS Dirty Diana VS Morphine VS Give In To Me VS Black Or White.

Which one do you think is the best?

• Beat It

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Dirty Diana

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Morphine

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Give In To Me

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Black Or White

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Diana got my vote.

Isnt this where we are supposed to share pictures? The last few days have been like opening new doors in a big hall I've never opened before.

Moved the thread for you! And while I'm at it I'm going to vote Morphine, purely because of the breakdown. It kills me!

Black White and Morphine easily as top two. No competition. Diana at 3, GITM at 4 and Beat It in last place. Always thought Beat It was overrated.

Give In To Me is the answer here.

One of the most un-Michael Jackson like Michael Jackson songs. Could easily have been a G'n'R or Aerosmith record. It's sublime. From the soaring guitar intro to the massive ending.

I'm afraid kids that this is a fact rather than an opinion, so I'd appreciate it if you'd all change your answers.

For me:

1. Dirty Diana
2. Give In To Me
3. Black Or White
4. Beat It
5. Morphine

Impossible to say. Changes every day...

Votes Beat It - Genius song, great video - great live performance with the crane - cherriepicker - everything about Beat It is amazing.

That was hard. I really, really love Beat It. And I love Black or White too.

But I'll give it to Dirty Diana. In the video, he even looks like a rock god. (In that, and in Come Together).

Surprised Give In To Me is winning I must say. Not in a bad way.

Beat It!

It is the song that made me a fan and 34 years later I still love it, his dancing, the gang dancing and Michael's sneer, plus the songs lyrics _ "You're playing with your life, this ain't no truth or dare", "Sure your hot coffee, sure you're on fire, it doesnt matter whose wrong or right, just Beat It, Beat it, just beat it beat it ohh!!!"
Unforgettable hook and great videography who needed more. The song appealed to my 7 year old mind back in 1983 and impinted the image that Michael Jackson was just too cool for school!

Impossible to decide for me...

Some of them count to his best known songs.
And some to his most creative outputs.
Some of them IMO are among the best rock ballads ever.

And for completeness sake "D.S.", "Privacy" & even the 2010 mix of "She was loving me" could be included...

Back