Billie Jean appreciation thread

analogue

Proud Member
Michael's most popular and trademark song. What can you say about this song that hasn't allready been said? The song is an iconic work of genius, and is completely timeless. You just have to hear the first drum beat, and everybody knows what it is.

The most iconic song in the history of music made even more iconic by the legendary moonwalk. Even those that aren't music fans have heard of this song.

The most iconic song in the history of music made even more iconic by the legendary moonwalk. Even those that aren't music fans have heard of this song.

People who haven't been born yet have heard of Billie Jean

My favorite MJ song. I adore it buuuut the live performances > the video.

The fact is, if the only song Michael Jackson had ever made was Billie Jean, it would still be a classic.

People who haven't been born yet have heard of Billie Jean

babymoonwalk6d357th1ey.gif
:lol:

I still love Quincy Jones' story about that song. According to him, Michael encountered a woman at his home one day, lounging by the pool like she owned the place. When approached, she accused Michael of fathering one of her twins. Contrary to popular belief, that is medically possible...but also extremely rare.

I agree, Tony R. Look at Rockwell. He only had a couple songs, yet Somebody's Watching Me is a Halloween classic. That's most likely due to Michael's contribution though.

Didn't Mj record like 100 versions of Billie Jean and the one that was released was like the 97th lol

Didn't Mj record like 100 versions of Billie Jean and the one that was released was like the 97th lol

Nope. They mixed 91 versions of Billie Jean, with MJ, Bruce and Quincy eventually deciding that the 2nd mix was the best.

Nope. They mixed 91 versions of Billie Jean, with MJ, Bruce and Quincy eventually deciding that the 2nd mix was the best.

Though they mixed it many times Mj actually recorded a dozen demos for billie jean. I think like 5 demos of BJ are available on the net

Btw what happened to respect77? Why is she banned..

She was banned because she mentions in another that a Q & A thread from Estate from Michaels homepage was moved to "Trial and Tribulations". She said in the other forum, "Why should I get even bother (about the shift from the the thread to the obscure Trial and Tribulations)." Nothing more.
She is only blocked for about 1 month, I think. But who knows if she wants to post here again. Hope so off course.

It was all disussed in this forum but everything is deleted, even the Q&A-thread.

Moviefan2k4;4191327 said:
I still love Quincy Jones' story about that song. According to him, Michael encountered a woman at his home one day, lounging by the pool like she owned the place. When approached, she accused Michael of fathering one of her twins. Contrary to popular belief, that is medically possible...but also extremely rare.

There was also another woman with an equally ridiculous claim.

Billie Jean Jackson from Illinois (her real name was Lavon Powlis) claimed back then that MJ was the father of her three children. She even filed a paternity lawsuit against MJ demanding from him 150 million dollars!

She also used to lurk around MJ’s Encino house & harass him at that time.

Eventually, the judge dropped her case. She got a restraining order so as to be kept off (from Encino house). The distance was 100 yards (91 meters).

Even worse for her, she was also sentenced to 2 & half years in jail.

Back