Lady In My Life VS Butterflies VS Break Of Dawn.

Which song do y'all think is best?

• Lady In My Life

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Butterflies

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Break Of Dawn

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
The full demo version of Lady in my Life is best, but between the regular LIML and the other 2, I would say butterflies

The Lady In My Life.

Butterflies is MJ's most overrated song

1. Lady In My Life (his best love ballad)
2. Butterflies
3. Break Of Dawn

I actually went with Break of Dawn. - I hear it a lot these days. It's great.

Ask me again next month, my answer might not be the same. :lol:

1. Break of Dawn
2.Lady in my Life
3. Butterflies
In reality there is probably a tie between BoD and LimL, tbh. :scratch:

I voted LIML. I looooooove LIML! I love all 3 but if picking an order I would choose

1. LIML
2. Break of Dawn
3 Butterflies

They're all gorgeous though, but Break of Dawn has the edge over Butterflies for me. I think it's more the lyrics and vibe of Break of Dawn that edges it, the vocal on Butterflies is totally stunning.

Break of Dawn is my fav song on the Invincible and one of my Top MJ songs, hence my name lol (which is my 2nd fav MJ album behind Dangerous)

Break of Dawn makes me want to sit in a empty vacant calm beach relaxing while the sun comes up :blush:

Butterflies is a hell of a good song tho, one of my favs too.

Wow this is hard! Ok here it goes

1. Butterflies
2. Lady In My Life
3. Break Of Dawn

I'm glad seeing Butterflies get some love! Deservedly so, it's a great, great track.

that part alone makes me vote for The Lady in My Life:

"Stay with me. I want you to stay with me"

I love the other songs too, but this part kills me every time.

I chose "The Lady in My Life." It's not part of the poll but I prefer "Heaven Can Wait" over "Break of Dawn" and "Butterflies."

I would say that it’s extremely close, almost running neck-and-neck between two songs —— “The Lady in My Life” and “Butterflies” —— while “Break of Dawn” doesn’t even count at all, in my honest opinion. And yet, “Butterflies” wins, because, even though both songs are great vocally-wise, “Butterflies’ ” vocals are just that much better.

If there was a third song to include, instead of “Break of Dawn,” then, one amongst many other great ballads that Michael recorded should have been chosen —— such as “Someone Put Your Hand Out,” “Speechless,” “SMILE,” “Human Nature,” “Heaven Can Wait,” “Cry” or “Childhood,” to give a number of examples —— which are better suited for, and more in line with, this discussion.

Last edited:
I voted "Butterflies" but in my humble opinion "Heaven Can Wait" trumps them all

Back