Universal Studios Florida 'Race Through New York starring Jimmy Fallon' - MJ 'Easter Egg'

myosotis

Proud Member
At Universal Orlando for the opening of his new “Race Through New York” thrill ride, Jimmy Fallon tells TODAY’s Carson Daly that original “Tonight Show” host Steve Allen would be “so psyched” about the attraction’s homage to the “Tonight” legacy. He also reveals that the ride contains an “Easter egg” – a surprise piece of hidden content – in honor of Michael Jackson. More on this story here.:

http://www.today.com/video/jimmy-fa...s-hidden-michael-jackson-tribute-915357763946
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Fallon brought a little bit of "The Tonight Show" to Orlando Thursday as he unveiled his brand new ride at Universal Studios Florida. But that's not all he brought with him.

The late night host also had his two adorable daughters, 3-year-old Winnie and 2-year-old Frances, by his side. (Well, Frances was literally on his side but you get the point.)

Fallon's wife, Nancy, and their daughters joined him for the celebration, and they took the stage as he prepared to cut the ribbon for the opening day of "Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon."

Fallon told the crowd gathered in the theme park that, "As a kid from upstate New York, I never imagined I'd even be a talk show host, let alone have my own ride."

I heard about this. Anyone been on it?

I can't think WHY there would be a Michael Jackson tribute. What exactly is the connection?

Jimmy Fallon, I'm pretty sure, is a fan. I think he just wanted to give credit to someone he admires. Plus the Jackson 5 were on the tonight show several times, back in the day and MJ did live in New York for a period of time.

Michael living in New York at times is a reason to put him in it? Come on lol

Maybe it was at the request of QuestLove. He's a music historian and has appeared in all the Spike docs. ??

That's true, he was. It'll be interesting to see what they included.

Still don't get the connection. I'm not complaining about it. Just seems very random.

Still don't get the connection. I'm not complaining about it. Just seems very random.
I agree. It does seem random-I didn't realize he was that big of a fan.
All I could picture was Michael walking down a street to Human Nature.
Or maybe it's a subway scene with Bad or the Wiz.

They mentioned that on the ride they go to the moon. So maybe Michael moonwalks on the moon or something?

Has no one been on it to tell us?? I'll maybe be going in October...

DuranDuran;4234495 said:
8:10
[video=youtube;Z1wtk4HHeu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wtk4HHeu0[/video]

Thanks.

I'm not sure a band playing a very short segment of Can You Feel It should count as "a surprise piece of hidden content – in honor of Michael Jackson." Does that mean any piece of music used is a"surprise" or "in honor" of the artist? It's a stretch IMO.

ChrisC;4191361 said:
Has no one been on it to tell us?? I'll maybe be going in October...

I did this ride this summer. Actually, I didn't notice any MJ reference during the experience – but may be that's because the whole thing made me feel slightly nauseous, haha! ;-)

Things like the rollercoaster from the moon to earth did make me think about the animated short film Michael used at the beginning of the HIStory Tour... but that's probably just me.

Piek;4234558 said:
I did this ride this summer. Actually, I didn't notice any MJ reference during the experience – but may be that's because the whole thing made me feel slightly nauseous, haha! ;-)

Things like the rollercoaster from the moon to earth did make me think about the animated short film Michael used at the beginning of the HIStory Tour... but that's probably just me.

Haha I'm the same. I rode it a few weeks ago and I didn't pay much, if any, attention to this.

Tonight Show (April 22, 2019)

I'm watching Jimmy Fallon right now and The Roots just performed Goin' Back To Indiana by The Jackson 5 as the intro music for Nathan Lane.

I just went on this ride a couple weeks ago, didn’t notice any MJ reference. The ride was not enjoyable. Made me feel ill.

Back