Michael Athelicitc ?? =)

Re: Mchael Athelicitc ?? =)

As a dancer, yes. And he loved to swim. Not in organized sports.

I have been wanting to start a similar thread like this. I have always wondered if Michael had a excercise regiment? Especially since he was dancing and singing at the same time you need to be in great physical condition and have great stamina for it. I read that Mick Jagger used to jog and do intervals for 2 hours or so that allowed him to move around and sing without being out of breath.

Of course we was very athletic, obviously did not have a lot of physical strength but that is only one attribute of athletic capabilities..

Of course we was very athletic, obviously did not have a lot of physical strength but that is only one attribute of athletic capabilities..

My question is was he excercising and working out on his off days to keep his stamina good and consistent?

I read somewhere that he did work out, he had a personal trainer even (the guy that played "Hulk" lol) - BUT that Michael did not like working out much.

Ha!

tumblr_mys6k6NotY1rjplc4o2_400.gif

tumblr_o1v9v89mTl1rrlueeo1_400.gif

He also danced and fasted all day on Sundays. I'd imagine he danced a lot at night since he always had dance floors installed in his hotels. That's a workout.

baseball

Not in organized sports.
Mike & Randy wasn't in it, but the other brothers played baseball as a celebrity team in the 1980s. I think Jackie was going to play professional baseball and was scouted by a team before the J5 took off.

He also danced and fasted all day on Sundays. I'd imagine he danced a lot at night since he always had dance floors installed in his hotels. That's a workout.

That would be the equivalent of a an athlete, lets say an american football player, only training one day or messing about on some days and then being expected to be in match form.

Just look at hearbreak hotel from the bad tour and you can see how physically demanding his shows were. I really think he needed a consistent good regimen to help him with his stamina.

My question is was he excercising and working out on his off days to keep his stamina good and consistent?

Now that would depend on "when".. leading up to This is It, yes.. He of course rehearsed (stamina) and did some weight lifting with Lou Ferigno... Prior to that, lets say 2003-2008.. that would all be speculation and guessing off of little quotes.. "I'm always dancing" or stuff like that.. I know he hated lifting weights and did not do much of It lol

From an interview with Kerry Anderson (Michael's bodyguard in the mid 2000s): "A lot of people don't know how physically fit Michael was. I walked in on Michael a couple of times and he was doing martial art. Kicks, moves, punches, strikes. It's like wow, I didn't know you were in... he was really a Bruce Lee fan. And you could just see some of the movement, he was just mimicking Bruce Lee, but I tell you what, he was something else. And then a couple of times I would see him working out with his children. I walked into the gym, especially when we got to the Middle-East, I would try to... cause we were staying in the same palace. And I was always trying to get up very early cause I knew they were gonna work out too, but I would try to beat them in there. One morning, they were in there prior to me. Getting there and... Prince and Paris were running on the treadmill next to Michael. And it was just like wow, if people only knew this. I've seen both of the kids and Michael doing sit-ups.”

KOPV;4191287 said:

I think people often underestimate Michael's strength because he was so thin, but bigger arms can be more fat than muscles. Michael's arms might have been smaller but at least we know they were 100% muscles cause there sure was no fat there. lol

170412011135343613.jpg

Quote from Jermaine: "He is very strong. One time my mother wanted us to lift this solid marble table. I lifted one end and it was so heavy. And Michael just lifted it by himself. I said 'Where do you get those muscles from? You're so thin!' He has a strong soul. It's like it's in his mind first. I said, 'Wow!'''

Personally, I am amazed by MJ’s consistent, high levels of stamina during his BAD Tour concerts, especially if we think that those concerts took place every two or three days & for such a long period of time.

Themidwestcowboy;4191306 said:
Just look at hearbreak hotel from the bad tour and you can see how physically demanding his shows were. I really think he needed a consistent good regimen to help him with his stamina.

We should not forget also how physically demanding certain video clips were, meaning that demanded from him special, physical training before the actual filming.

Take, for example, his training preparation for the ‘Jam’ video. Shots of his sit-ups were even included on the official version of his ‘Jam’ video clip.

moonstruck87;4191295 said:
I read somewhere that he did work out, he had a personal trainer even (the guy that played "Hulk" lol) - BUT that Michael did not like working out much.

KOPV;4191314 said:
Now that would depend on "when".. leading up to This is It, yes.. He of course rehearsed (stamina) and did some weight lifting with Lou Ferigno...

To be honest, I never really believed that story (about MJ having training lessons from Lou Ferrigno in 2009).

Might be slightly off topic, but I love the body shape Michael had.
His triangular torso, slightly cinched in waist, and long legs.

He had the best body I've ever seen a man have.:wub:

Might be slightly off topic, but I love the body shape Michael had.
His triangular torso, slightly cinched in waist, and long legs.

He had the best body I've ever seen a man have.:wub:
I think so too. "Thin, taut, and angular"was the way he was described in a Bad tour review. John Landis's wife (whose name I can't spell or pronounce) declared he had the perfect male physique (along with Mick Jagger and David Bowie) which she accentuated with the V-shaped jacket. Of course, those military jackets didn't hurt. Lol.

Ironically, I was reading an old 1977 article where Joe Jackson was bragging on his kids proficiencies in sports, but said Michael was just all show business.

moonstruck sorry, though it looks cool and shows agility that really does not take much strength.. and regarding Lou, reports of him working with Michael actually stem back years before this is it! In the 90's it was mentioned as well..

Michael was agile, fast, resilient, a lot of stamina (most of his life anyway)... But lets not try to say he was physically strong when it comes to having the power to move heavy weight/muscular strength.. The other athletic attributes take strength and conditioning which he had though!

KOPV;4191419 said:
moonstruck sorry, though it looks cool and shows agility that really does not take much strength.. and regarding Lou, reports of him working with Michael actually stem back years before this is it! In the 90's it was mentioned as well..

Michael was agile, fast, resilient, a lot of stamina (most of his life anyway)... But lets not try to say he was physically strong when it comes to having the power to move heavy weight/muscular strength.. The other athletic attributes take strength and conditioning which he had though!

I´ve always been impressed with pull-ups,and I cannot do a single one if it were for saving my dear life :lol:

^ PERFECT gif lol!

I spoke with LaVelle Smith and he told me that Michael would frequently go running. He said he was very fit and had better stamina than some of the dancers on tour. :)

And as mentioned before, pulling himself up on those cherry pickers is just......amazing. That is strength all the way.

I think some people just need to get more active.... lol

you guys are killin' me.. lol! i've always liked that piece of footage though

Back