Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

Thread: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

   
  1. #46
    Points: 26,273, Level: 96
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    26,273
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,507 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    just to make clear Propofol is decreases consciousness - while that can be considered a sleep - that is not a true sleep state that allows you to reach all sleep levels.. that in itself has significant damaging effects when used for the purposes of sleep. physically and mentally damaging.. this also causes issues with memory. (Someone planning a concert set, that is the opposite of effectiveness) It also causes low blood pressure (stories of him being super cold) .. Without creating speculation of what MJ dealt with it can also cause seizures, blurred vision, hallucination, mental break down, depression, anxiety, irregular heart beat, loss of breath, ... list continues!


    PS. This 10 vs 50 dates thing brings in too much speculation to really get 100% truth.. We do know Michael originally agreed to 10 shows, and it's very plausible to say AEG convinced Michael to do 50 (telling him how crazy tickets sold, fans want to see him, beating Princes record - another world record).. Basically persuading him into agreeing. Now this does not speak for what Michael believed or did not believe he was capable of doing.. We cannot argue what Michael felt the time of signing the contract for 50 dates simply because all of the stories we hear about him saying "They are going to kill me.." etc, was regarding how he was being pushed during rehearsals etc. (Which at the time would not have started yet). I could guess while signing Michael was excited and felt great about himself knowing that he still created that type of frenzy, and knowing each show was set a couple days apart probably eased his mind (AT THE TIME)

  2. #47
    Points: 4,166, Level: 41
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    972
    Points
    4,166
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 526 Times in 279 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    ^Although in general I agree with you and appreciate your comments, MJ did indeed agree to something like 30 shows with the possibility of it being extended if AEG desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    PS. This 10 vs 50 dates thing brings in too much speculation to really get 100% truth.. We do know Michael originally agreed to 10 shows, and it's very plausible to say AEG convinced Michael to do 50 (telling him how crazy tickets sold, fans want to see him, beating Princes record - another world record).. Basically persuading him into agreeing. Now this does not speak for what Michael believed or did not believe he was capable of doing.. We cannot argue what Michael felt the time of signing the contract for 50 dates simply because all of the stories we hear about him saying "They are going to kill me.." etc, was regarding how he was being pushed during rehearsals etc. (Which at the time would not have started yet). I could guess while signing Michael was excited and felt great about himself knowing that he still created that type of frenzy, and knowing each show was set a couple days apart probably eased his mind (AT THE TIME)
    The only written contract that MJ signed referred explicitly to 10 ‘This Is It’ shows.

    MJ never gave his written consent for any additional dates (beyond that number of 10 shows).

    We should keep in mind also that AEG Live’s policy (about upcoming performances, projects, etc) is strictly based on written contracts, meaning any oral agreement is considered automatically invalid.

    Also, everything at that London ‘This Is It’ press conference (on March 5th) referred to 10 shows (Dermot O’Leary, merchandise, etc). So, when MJ himself started to talk to his fans, he just confirmed that number (of 10 shows), excluding at the same time categorically any possibility for further additional dates (“When I say this is it, it really means this is it!”).

    The additional 40 dates were added during the following days (after that London press conference) by AEG Live, & against MJ's wish.

    Besides, Randy Phillips (AEG Live CEO) sounded ambivalent (if not contradictory) at that time. For example, one day he said that he talked personally to MJ (on the phone) about adding further days (beyond 10), & according to him, MJ agreed on that. But, one of the following days, Phillips said that it was Dr. Tohme Tohme (MJ’s manager at that time) that he spoke to about that, rather than MJ.

    AEG Live would say anything; this does not necessarily mean that we have to believe them, especially in the absence of written consents.
    Last edited by mj_frenzy; 20-04-2017 at 11:51 AM.

  3. #48
    Points: 5,615, Level: 48
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,058
    Points
    5,615
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    2,779
    Thanked 661 Times in 364 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    I was sure he signed a contract saying 30 shows with the possibility of more if demand desired? Maybe I'm wrong?

  4. #49
    Points: 4,166, Level: 41
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    972
    Points
    4,166
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 526 Times in 279 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    I was sure he signed a contract saying 30 shows with the possibility of more if demand desired? Maybe I'm wrong?
    Let me be more specific:

    Dr. Tohme Tohme signed a letter of intent (which is not a contract, but a preliminary document).

    According to that letter of intent, ‘Artistico’ pre-approved up to 31 shows. 'Artistico' is a legal company (represented by Dr. Tohme Tohme) that negotiated MJ’s business matters with AEG Live.

    That letter of intent was never signed by MJ himself, but by Dr. Tohme Tohme who acted on behalf of ‘Artistico’.

    So, several months later, when MJ signed the contract for the 10 shows, he automatically activated (without realizing it) that letter of intent’s clause of 31 shows.

    It should be noted that Dr. Tohme Tohme was one of those people that AEG Live brought into MJ’s life at that time in order to take advantage of him.

    It is telling that even MJ himself could not really trust Dr. Tohme Tohme & he never spoke highly of him. Yet, that person was handling MJ’s business affairs at AEG Live’s request.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:


  6. #50
    Points: 23,690, Level: 94
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Themidwestcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    4,278
    Points
    23,690
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    5,608
    Thanked 3,913 Times in 1,509 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    I wish MJ would have never agreed to This Is It and just moved abroad to raise his children in peace and solitude.

  7. #51
    Points: 26,273, Level: 96
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    26,273
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,507 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    # of dates signed does not speak to feelings.. Gives hints to what he could have felt only! that's why I say speculation on what he felt prior to rehearsals started..

    Michael could have done This Is It if it was not for what was going on in his room with Conrad.. He needed rest, and that is not what was being provided. Michael was only 50... Not 70! I find us talking about the age 50 like it's THAT old. it's not...

  8. #52
    Points: 3,370, Level: 36
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    1nn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    331
    Points
    3,370
    Level
    36
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 104 Times in 70 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    I would ask him if he feels (sincerely ) that physicaly he is " apte " to perform this concerts.

  9. #53
    Points: 49,166, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,319
    Points
    49,166
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,129
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 2,461 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    # of dates signed does not speak to feelings.. Gives hints to what he could have felt only! that's why I say speculation on what he felt prior to rehearsals started..

    Michael could have done This Is It if it was not for what was going on in his room with Conrad.. He needed rest, and that is not what was being provided. Michael was only 50... Not 70! I find us talking about the age 50 like it's THAT old. it's not...

    These are the tour dates for This Is It

    July 13, 2009
    July 16, 2009
    July 18, 2009
    July 22, 2009
    July 24, 2009
    July 26, 2009
    July 28, 2009
    July 30, 2009
    August 1, 2009
    August 3, 2009
    August 10, 2009
    August 12, 2009
    August 17, 2009
    August 19, 2009
    August 24, 2009
    August 26, 2009
    August 28, 2009
    August 30, 2009
    September 1, 2009
    September 3, 2009
    September 6, 2009
    September 8, 2009
    September 10, 2009
    September 21, 2009
    September 23, 2009
    September 27, 2009
    September 29, 2009
    Second Leg
    January 7, 2010 London United Kingdom The O2 Arena
    January 9, 2010
    January 12, 2010
    January 14, 2010
    January 16, 2010
    January 18, 2010
    January 23, 2010
    January 25, 2010
    January 27, 2010
    January 29, 2010
    February 1, 2010
    February 3, 2010
    February 8, 2010
    February 10, 2010
    February 12, 2010
    February 16, 2010
    February 18, 2010
    February 20, 2010
    February 22, 2010
    February 24, 2010
    March 1, 2010
    March 3, 2010
    March 6, 2010



    Michael had plenty of time to rest inbetween each show. The way some people talk you'd think he was performing on the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th etc

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:


  11. #54
    Points: 5,615, Level: 48
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,058
    Points
    5,615
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    2,779
    Thanked 661 Times in 364 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Let me be more specific:

    Dr. Tohme Tohme signed a letter of intent (which is not a contract, but a preliminary document).

    According to that letter of intent, ‘Artistico’ pre-approved up to 31 shows. 'Artistico' is a legal company (represented by Dr. Tohme Tohme) that negotiated MJ’s business matters with AEG Live.

    That letter of intent was never signed by MJ himself, but by Dr. Tohme Tohme who acted on behalf of ‘Artistico’.

    So, several months later, when MJ signed the contract for the 10 shows, he automatically activated (without realizing it) that letter of intent’s clause of 31 shows.

    It should be noted that Dr. Tohme Tohme was one of those people that AEG Live brought into MJ’s life at that time in order to take advantage of him.

    It is telling that even MJ himself could not really trust Dr. Tohme Tohme & he never spoke highly of him. Yet, that person was handling MJ’s business affairs at AEG Live’s request.
    Ah right thanks for the clarification.

  12. #55
    Points: 26,273, Level: 96
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    26,273
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,507 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Analog that's exactly what I was saying in one of my earlier post... ps, Jan 18th was my concert.. My ticket 14th row/center..

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:


  14. #56
    Points: 5,615, Level: 48
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,058
    Points
    5,615
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    2,779
    Thanked 661 Times in 364 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    These are the tour dates for This Is It

    July 13, 2009
    July 16, 2009
    July 18, 2009
    July 22, 2009
    July 24, 2009
    July 26, 2009
    July 28, 2009
    July 30, 2009
    August 1, 2009
    August 3, 2009
    August 10, 2009
    August 12, 2009
    August 17, 2009
    August 19, 2009
    August 24, 2009
    August 26, 2009
    August 28, 2009
    August 30, 2009
    September 1, 2009
    September 3, 2009
    September 6, 2009
    September 8, 2009
    September 10, 2009
    September 21, 2009
    September 23, 2009
    September 27, 2009
    September 29, 2009
    Second Leg
    January 7, 2010 London United Kingdom The O2 Arena
    January 9, 2010
    January 12, 2010
    January 14, 2010
    January 16, 2010
    January 18, 2010
    January 23, 2010
    January 25, 2010
    January 27, 2010
    January 29, 2010
    February 1, 2010
    February 3, 2010
    February 8, 2010
    February 10, 2010
    February 12, 2010
    February 16, 2010
    February 18, 2010
    February 20, 2010
    February 22, 2010
    February 24, 2010
    March 1, 2010
    March 3, 2010
    March 6, 2010



    Michael had plenty of time to rest inbetween each show. The way some people talk you'd think he was performing on the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th etc
    He wasn't getting any sleep whilst using propofol. He wouldn't have been getting any rest if he continued using it.

  15. #57
    Points: 49,166, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,319
    Points
    49,166
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,129
    Thanked 7,884 Times in 2,461 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    I wish MJ would have performed Another Part Of Me. That song is awesome live, and it would have been great if he brought it back

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:


  17. #58
    Points: 6,459, Level: 52
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Neverland, Long Island
    Posts
    1,052
    Points
    6,459
    Level
    52
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 516 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    I see a lot of you joined years after the whole TII thing, and some even after the Katherine Vs. AEG Live trials. I'm saying this because, I believe a few years ago, screens were posted from either the trial or prior to it, I remember Ivy or someone else posting the actual contract with Michaels signature and it was 10 shows, but the contract also said, I believe that later dates (shows) would be added if desired. We know Michael only initially signed on for 10 shows, but its too much speculation and unknowns to say for sure if he was aware or not of the other 40 shows. Whatever the case, the dates were what they were and Michael was preparing for 50 shows, at the end of the day.


    The Billie Jean thing is exactly like MIST said, it was rehearsals. I believe he has the same lackadaisical approach to Billie Jean during the Dangerous rehearsals as well. Actually he does it with most of his songs in the Dangerous rehearsals, as I'm watching them now, Dangerous specifically, and as far as his famous dance steps, it's like he marks them, or mimes them, and barely moves. I don't know what I'd ask Michael had I gotten the chance, but I know one thing, for a man that was 50 years old, and was supposedly going through all these health ailments, Michael was an exceptional talent even at this point and he moved like no one else I've seen. You can also clearly see him marking the kick, the moonwalk, and a few other Billie Jean moves during the TII rehearsal, so I don't think he was removing anything, or drastically changing his routines, remember, these rehearsals were never meant to be seen by us, they were for Michaels eyes only, so with that he was preparing himself, why would he go all out for rehearsals? He simply wouldn't.

    Had he made it to do even one show, I think a lot of people would've been surprised by how well he was able to move.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsIt89 For This Useful Post:


  19. #59
    Points: 38,663, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Hess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,059
    Points
    38,663
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 3,213 Times in 1,361 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    Actually - in most performances in TII he performs more than during the Dangerous rehearsals.

    Imagine MJ had died just before the Dangerous Tour and all we saw was the rehearsals - that could really start some speculation regarding his health.

    Then cam the actual tour - where MJ of course performed 110 % (like he would have done in TII) and it is perfect concerts...

    To compare rehearsals and then speculate in MJ's health from rehearsals - compared to an actual concert - doesn't make sense really.

    I am not saying MJ did not have problems - propofol etc. - But I don't see him as a dead man walking during TII rehearsals. Had he not taken propofol or other drugs I think he would have done the concerts. His condition and health was good for a 50-year old man the autopsy concluded. - also the insurance tests before TII said he had good health. - Drugs was the enemy... - not being able to sleep must have been terrible when you had to rehearse before a world record breaking concert tour...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:


  21. #60
    Points: 26,273, Level: 96
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    26,273
    Level
    96
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,507 Posts

    Default Re: What would you ask MJ based on his performances in This Is It

    ^ well to be 100% fair what we saw was edited to show him in a good light... If a Dangerous rehearsal was edited from multiple days it would come out pretty damn good..

    a large portion of This Is It wasn't even filmed at Staple Center as they advertise.. It has a lot of footage from The Forum rehearsals which people state that he was not in such a bad state in the earlier stages..


    And it's not so much the time between shows that would have made it possible, it's the lack of traveling with different time changes.. SLEEP!! his tours often had 2-4 days between shows. Just would be traveling between that time, no steady sleep.
    Last edited by KOPV; 28-04-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •