Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

   
  1. #16
    Points: 9,162, Level: 64
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Fiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    428
    Points
    9,162
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 216 Times in 87 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    One of my faves. Loving these song of the week threads. Keep em coming.

  2. #17
    Points: 4,342, Level: 41
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    60
    Points
    4,342
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 42 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Quote Originally Posted by MattyJam View Post
    Wasn't it performed on the Triumph tour or am I making that up?
    Yes it was ! I wish we could have it full btw...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGjOzrBbYl4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to michael555 For This Useful Post:


  4. #18
    Points: 38,663, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Hess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,059
    Points
    38,663
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 3,213 Times in 1,361 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Quote Originally Posted by MattyJam View Post
    Let us know your thoughts on the song...
    It's Great!! Starts with a funky bass rhytm. Then MJ starts singing and the song becomes even better. Reminds me a little of Can You Fell It - rhytm wise.

    love the chorus - where the music pumps to the vocals. Bum-BUM-BUM

    I don't care - what you say

    Walk Right Now

    Very funky and fresh. - Incredibly it's so old...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  5. #19
    Points: 2,079, Level: 27
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    645
    Points
    2,079
    Level
    27
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 331 Times in 168 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Quote Originally Posted by michael555 View Post
    Yes it was ! I wish we could have it full btw...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGjOzrBbYl4
    Wow, I didn't knw this song was performed live. Was it only performed just this one time or at more concerts too?

  6. #20
    Points: 37,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Snow White luvs Peter Pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    10,336
    Points
    37,377
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    3,545
    Thanked 10,210 Times in 3,652 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Probably it wasn't performed in many concerts, The Triumph Tour only lasted over 2 months. If it's ever released, I think we'd have the DVD version of The Triumph Live album.

    The Triumph Tour began in Memphis, Tennessee and ended with a sold-out week of shows in Los Angeles. Each show earned highly positive reviews, in part due to Michael's leadership and showmanship. His brothers also earned praise, particularly for Randy's and Tito's musicality, and Marlon's dance ability. The tour marked the last truly integrated group effort, as Michael's solo career would soon eclipse his success with his brothers. The tour was so well-received and popular that Epic had the brothers record one of the shows. It's not entirely clear where the recording took place, at one show or at a variety of other shows that were then compiled for the recording. However, it was rumored that the tracks were recorded during stops in Memphis, New York City, Buffalo and Providence. The live album, The Jacksons Live!, came out in the winter of 1981, and went gold in its initial run.


    1. Can You Feel It
    2. Things I Do for You
    3. Off the Wall
    4. Ben
    5. This Place Hotel
    6. She's Out of My Life
    7. Movie Rap
    8. Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back / ABC / The Love You Save)
    9. I'll Be There
    10. Rock with You
    11. Lovely One
    12. Workin' Day and Night
    13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
    14. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow White luvs Peter Pan For This Useful Post:


  8. #21
    Points: 33,782, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,365
    Points
    33,782
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked 3,709 Times in 1,051 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White luvs Peter Pan View Post
    Probably it wasn't performed in many concerts, The Triumph Tour only lasted over 2 months. If it's ever released, I think we'd have the DVD version of The Triumph Live album.

    The Triumph Tour began in Memphis, Tennessee and ended with a sold-out week of shows in Los Angeles. Each show earned highly positive reviews, in part due to Michael's leadership and showmanship. His brothers also earned praise, particularly for Randy's and Tito's musicality, and Marlon's dance ability. The tour marked the last truly integrated group effort, as Michael's solo career would soon eclipse his success with his brothers. The tour was so well-received and popular that Epic had the brothers record one of the shows. It's not entirely clear where the recording took place, at one show or at a variety of other shows that were then compiled for the recording. However, it was rumored that the tracks were recorded during stops in Memphis, New York City, Buffalo and Providence. The live album, The Jacksons Live!, came out in the winter of 1981, and went gold in its initial run.


    1. Can You Feel It
    2. Things I Do for You
    3. Off the Wall
    4. Ben
    5. This Place Hotel
    6. She's Out of My Life
    7. Movie Rap
    8. Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back / ABC / The Love You Save)
    9. I'll Be There
    10. Rock with You
    11. Lovely One
    12. Workin' Day and Night
    13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
    14. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
    Wasn't there a clip on the OTW documentary of MJ on the crane singing DSTYGE? Wasn't that the Triumph tour? What I wouldn't give to have that footage in full.

  9. #22
    Points: 4,563, Level: 43
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    536
    Points
    4,563
    Level
    43
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 664 Times in 235 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    It was performed in Memphis 1981
    La la dee
    la la dee dah dah
    la la dah
    la la dah
    la la dah
    la...

  10. #23
    Points: 19,112, Level: 87
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    innuendo141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Clare, Ireland
    Posts
    3,578
    Points
    19,112
    Level
    87
    Thanks
    2,465
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,545 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    This is one of those songs I consider a lost MJ gem. One of my favourites on Triumph.

    The most interesting thing about thing about this song for me, is that in all the years Michael gave interviews/his opinion on his music, this is the one song in which he criticises the final result. In moonwalk, he said the song was "a case of too many chefs in the kitchen". Very interesting.

    No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

  11. #24
    Points: 37,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Snow White luvs Peter Pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    10,336
    Points
    37,377
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    3,545
    Thanked 10,210 Times in 3,652 Posts

    Default Re: Song of the Week - Walk Right Now

    Quote Originally Posted by MattyJam View Post
    Wasn't there a clip on the OTW documentary of MJ on the crane singing DSTYGE? Wasn't that the Triumph tour? What I wouldn't give to have that footage in full.
    Yes, it was Triumph Tour. But wasn't the 20/20 crew following the Jacksons when Sylvia Chase interviewed Michael? I'm not sure if shows were filmed professionally but the ones more or less full in Kansas and LA look like amateur recordings by people who attended. None of them include Walk Right Now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •