Some Questions About The Making Of BAD Album Documentary 1987

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Mainly do we know much about it?

I'm sure someone on here said when it was shot, it was titled Behind The Beat. I know we see parts of it in BAD 25 (JGF with Stevie, IJCSLY)

It would be fantastic to see MJ at work in the studio on this masterpiece of an album. I would love the estate to release the original doc (if it exists) this year to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the album.

My last thought is what would want to see in this doc? Personally I'd love to see MJ recording the vocals on the record, also as well as that, it would priceless to have an interview with Michael talking about the tracks. That would be priceless

This is somewhat off topic but this topic got me thinking... So there is no footage of MJ and Stevie from the Nov 20th BAD concert when they sang together!? I know there is some audio but no footage?

PS has anyone wondered if any of the BAD 25 studio clippings were later filmed for video purposes - not actual sessions..? I've had that in the back of my head simply because of the way he looked + hair was a little more so the length and style of after the fact...

Some part of me tells me that the studio footage of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was filmed for a music video, considering Siedah and Michael are both obviously miming. It's the polar opposite of the "Just Good Friends" footage, where Michael and Stevie are really going for it.

Why the Estate didn't just finish the existing documentary, I'll never understand. Bad 25 was great and all, but I'd much rather watch studio footage and alternate music video takes over listening to Questlove.

This is somewhat off topic but this topic got me thinking... So there is no footage of MJ and Stevie from the Nov 20th BAD concert when they sang together!? I know there is some audio but no footage?

I don't think there is any video available. Just some photos. I'm sure Estate has the video because every concert is on tape. :)

PS has anyone wondered if any of the BAD 25 studio clippings were later filmed for video purposes - not actual sessions..? I've had that in the back of my head simply because of the way he looked + hair was a little more so the length and style of after the fact...

There's probably video of it. The Estate has a metric ton of umatic tapes from the Bad tour. Whether or not it's in releasable condition is the issue; they said back in 2012 a lot of the tapes had video/audio damage.

^ oh yeah, I'm sure it's out there.. just wondering if there was any to actually see! even amateur.. I'd assume it would have traveled around pretty good if so though

Back