Dangerous live in Ostend (1997)

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
I have just discovered this video
https://youtu.be/CdJoLjX6-Gw
I had no idea MJ did this live? (well or a part of it)
He doesn't even sound bad.But i do wonder why those things happened, I bet MJ wasn't very amused lol

Is there another song you would have loved to hear live?
I wish he did Stranger in Moscow :)

He doesn't even sound bad.But i do wonder why those things happened, I bet MJ wasn't very amused lol

I heard this before.
I agree, I don't think he sounded bad at all, however, I can see why he choose it to be playback.
It's a song with a very distinct sound, I couldn't imagine him doing it any other way.

DancingMjsdream;4192136 said:

There were even worse technical problems during the HIStory Tour (take a look, for example, at the beginning of ‘Scream’ in Gothenburg).

At least in Ostend, his microphone was still working (despite the playback system breakdown), so his position did not end up being too embarrassing.

But I am really impressed by the way he pulled it through in Ostend, as if nothing bad happened. On the contrary, he sings parts of the song live without any really difficulties.

Ironically, those technical problems sometimes tend to become the highlights of the concerts.

Regarding your question, personally I wished he had sung fully live the ‘Off The Wall’ Medley. I am sure many fans would agree on that.

mj_frenzy;4192180 said:
There were even worse technical problems during the HIStory Tour (take a look, for example, at the beginning of ‘Scream’ in Gothenburg).

At least in Ostend, his microphone was still working (despite the playback system breakdown), so his position did not end up being too embarrassing.

But I am really impressed by the way he pulled it through in Ostend, as if nothing bad happened. On the contrary, he sings parts of the song live without any really difficulties.

Ironically, those technical problems sometimes tend to become the highlights of the concerts.

Regarding your question, personally I wished he had sung fully live the ‘Off The Wall’ Medley. I am sure many fans would agree on that.

Yeah the Scream incident was horrible lol

I agree about the Off the Wall Medley!
But Don't stop til you get enough is a very hard number.

I don't think there's any embarassment in the odd technical issue like that. I do think it's embarassing miming 95% of a concert, 80 times over.

Something I still don't understand to this day is the the covering the mouth thing that he sometimes did. I see no reason doing it, especially when singing live. It just limited him from fully doing his choreographies.

Something I still don't understand to this day is the the covering the mouth thing that he sometimes did. I see no reason doing it, especially when singing live. It just limited him from fully doing his choreographies.

In this example I wondered if he might be pulling the mic away from his mouth to give a bit more distance and alter the sound. The same way he would with a handheld mic when performing live.

I never understood why he didn't perform some of the easier bits live, such as the spoken word parts in Dangerous, the verses of In The Closet and songs like BorW and Heal The World, which are hardly taxing vocally.

I agree.I don't get why he would sing songs like Wanna Be Startin Live but not Heal The World... he could have done a mix of live singing,playback and pre recorded tracks.
Janet has done this on her Unbreakable tour and I think it worked really well.

I guess at that point he didn't even care anymore.

Back