Queer Performance Artist Has Trump Slogan "Make America Great Again" Tattooed Around His Anus

Agent M

Proud Member
Heroic Artist Gets ‘Make America Great Again’ Tattooed Around His Anus (NSFW)

If this doesn’t save the world, can anything?

By James Michael Nichols

Queer performance artist Abel Azcona has taken his critique of Donald Trump to the next level: by tattooing the words of the president’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again,” in a circle around his anus.

The tattooing of the phrase occurred in the Defibrillator Gallery in Chicago amongst a crowd of eager onlookers earlier this week. Azcona, who has engaged in more than 500 performance projects and over 100 individual exhibitions around the world, told The Huffington Post that he considers the bold statement to be a queer, political act.

“I always worked my body as a weapon and a political tool,” Azcona said. “For more than 12 years I have been performing political and social performances and exhibitions that have led me to jail, detention or death threats. I believe in the empowerment of the body and of the pain. The anus is a pleasure zone for many people, and an area of sin for others. I think demystifying what the anus is, and writing a fascist political motto like that in my anus, is a clearly critical and subversive action.”

Azcona went on to say that anyone who faces marginalization or discrimination at the hands of the Trump administration has a responsibility to speak out in whatever way that they see fit.

“I believe that all of us who consider ourselves different should never be silent,” Azcona continued. “We must attack. We must use our body as a weapon of empowerment. We are faggots, women, Mexicans, blacks and different. And we are brave. Art is the greatest critical, social and political weapon I know.”

What a painfully powerful statement!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/make-america-great-again-anus-tattoo_us_58cac967e4b0ec9d29d9bba0

Re: Queer Performance Artist Has Trump Slogan "Make America Great Again" Tattooed Around His Anus

... so artistic! (sarcasm)

Re: Queer Performance Artist Has Trump Slogan "Make America Great Again" Tattooed Around His Anus

Hahaha ! You really put that word in the title of your thread AND posted a picture ? You do not log in often, but when you do, you are not discreet at all. Haha ! :)

wanting to make your country great again is a 'fascist political motto?!:mat: the loony left as has never been more out of touch with middle america #makeamericagreatagain interesting he didnt mention islamics who arent the biggest fans of Lgbt

Darth Sidious;4202001 said:
wanting to make your country great again is a 'fascist political motto?!:mat: the loony left as has never been more out of touch with middle america #makeamericagreatagain interesting he didnt mention islamics who arent the biggest fans of Lgbt

He has made this slogan a theme for his campaign, and he has begun using it to contrast himself with President Obama, whose criticism of Trump’s rhetoric on Tuesday was answered with a Trump statement promising, “When I am president, it will always be America first.”

He wasn’t quite promising “America über alles,” but it comes close. “America First” was the motto of Nazi-friendly Americans in the 1930s, and Trump has more than just a catchphrase in common with them.

During the early 1930s, as the Nazis consolidated control over Germany, the U.S. media baron William Randolph Hearst began touting the slogan “America First” against President Franklin Roosevelt, whom he saw as dangerously likely to “allow the international bankers and the other big influences that have gambled with your prosperity to gamble with your politics.” Hearst regarded Roosevelt’s New Deal as “un-American to the core” and “more communistic than the communists” — unlike Nazism, which he believed had won a great victory for “liberty-loving people” everywhere in defeating communism.

With the beginning of World War II in Europe and the Germans’ swift conquest of the continent, Roosevelt began to commit his administration more firmly to the aid of the those fighting Nazism. He incurred the ire of various anti-intervention constituencies, ranging from committed religious or principled pacifists to American communists, who supported the Nazi-Soviet pact and therefore the notion that the United States should stay out of the European war.

But the most prominent of his opponents were the founders of the America First Committee, formed in September 1940. The committee opposed fighting Nazism and proposed a well-armed America confined largely to the Western hemisphere. It soon afterward adopted the noted aviator and enthusiast of fascism, Charles Lindbergh, as their favored speaker. Lindbergh accepted a medal from Herman Goering “in the name of the Fuehrer” during a visit to Germany in 1938, and “proudly wore the decoration.” He thought democracy was finished in Europe, that the western powers could not effectively resist the Nazi war machine and that the United States had better make terms with Adolf Hitler.

The famed automaker and celebrity anti-Semite Henry Ford also joined America First. Like many others, they fought against the “groups” who, Lindbergh said, were pushing the country into war: “the British, the Jewish, and the Roosevelt administration.”

As with the Trump campaign, not all America First Committee supporters in 1940 were so egregious as their most visible spokesmen. But also as with the Trump campaign, neither did the moderate anti-Roosevelt anti-interventionists quite repudiate their fascist-friendly leaders.

The subsidiary labels may have shifted, but the general idea of “America First” remains the same: The United States should arm itself against foreign threats and stay within carefully defined borders, using the might of the state only to defend a very specific, rather white idea of “America” that excludes certain racial and religious minorities. Then, as now, the phrase offered strength through cowardice. Defeating this defeatism was essential to victory over dictatorships in the 20th century, and it is essential to preserving the institutions of democracy today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...nazi-friendly-history/?utm_term=.536ab6290f55

Well... that's interesting lol. I think he will regret that at some point, though.

Back