Do y'all remember that time Michael appeared in a Disney movie as a dog?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
I do!
The dog's voice is done by Tevin Campbell (someone who was thought to be the "new" MJ), and Goofy even moonwalks at one point.
This whole scene is an homage to Michael and I love it.:D

I wish Disney would collab with the MJ estate somehow.
Michael's magic and Disney's magic just go together so well.:yes:

Just felt like posting about this today, LOL.:lol:

Last edited:
^^haha-I've never seen this before. When did it come out-the 90's? That 'pop star' reminds me of Michael, Prince and Bobby Brown-but the wide shoulders, little waist and long legs are definitely Michael. Lol.

Good song, too!!

^^haha-I've never seen this before. When did it come out-the 90's? That 'pop star' reminds me of Michael, Prince and Bobby Brown-but the wide shoulders, little waist and long legs are definitely Michael. Lol.

Good song, too!!

Google says it came out in 1995.
I didn't even know when it came out myself until now.:lol:

I remember seeing this, thinking... man this cartoon guy is cool - kinda MJ-esk..

yall haven not seen this movie? man!

Its from the first Goofy Movie, I loved those films. And this character was basically a mash-up of famous R&B & Pop stars of the time, it wasn't really based on anyone specific though.

This still does not explain why Pluto can't speak, walks on all fours, and does not wear pants.... DAMN YOU DISNEYYYYY!

;)

There's also a scene in the movie where a limo drives by and a sparkly gloved hand sticks out from the sunroof. That HAD to be a Michael reference right there. XD

Haven't seen this movie in forever. Wonder if I still have the VHS somewhere?

there are a couple moonwalks between Part 1 and part 2 also...

I have never seen this. Thanks for posting.

I remember watching the movie as a child in the late nineties/early 2000s.
I loved it, particularly this scene ! I even thought the MJ-esque character (his name is Powerline, I believe) was voiced by MJ himself.

Ah, It was such a good time to be a child ?.

This movie was based off of the morning cartoon, for those who are not familiar..

Powerline - how I see it was created in influence of a 'type' of musician using elements of that time era.. influence stemming from MJ, Prince, Bobby Brown etc. Not a singular person

There's also a scene in the movie where a limo drives by and a sparkly gloved hand sticks out from the sunroof. That HAD to be a Michael reference right there. XD

Haven't seen this movie in forever. Wonder if I still have the VHS somewhere?

Seen this movie, but missed that part! Powerline was based on Michael to an extent, if not entirely. I've read he was a mix of Michael and Prince lol!

Back