Song - All in your name

valeryjackson

Proud Member
What do you think of this song? i'm actually in love with it.
Michael's vocals are amazing.

Lyrics:

(Barry)
Now I got a mission
the story unfolds
what the wise men have told you, is already known
that a woman and a man
should go by the plan
and we find out how we can fly

There's just one religion
One family of love
We suffer the children
As God cries above
And the giving, not the taking,
With hearts open wide, and it looks like we fall
And it burns like a flame
Any ground that I claim

So what is my life
If I don't believe
There is someone to watch me
Follow my dreams
Take all my chances, like those who dare
And what of our world
What does it become
When the damage is done
And you held out, you said no, you stand up

(Michael)
Only God knows
That it's all in the game
It's all in your name
Carry me, to the gates of paradise
They're the same
It's all in your name

(Barry)
Look to Heaven
An angel of peace
To love and protect us
Through all of our tears
And the gateway to peace
It stands open wide
And it looks like we fall
Any ground that I claim

So what is my life
If I don't believe
Follow my dreams
And where is the peace
We're searching for
Under the shadows of war
Can we hold now, and stand up, and say no

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
Follow me, to the gates of paradise
They're the same
It's all in your name

Very sweet song.

Hope it will get a proper release on day - with a little updated/finished version.

Wasn't this released some years ago after 2009? Pretty sure I downloaded it from itunes at the time.

Wasn't this released some years ago after 2009? Pretty sure I downloaded it from itunes at the time.

I think it was only released on Berry's homepage. - I don't think it is i iTunes.

The song is nice, some people may be annoyed at this comment but Barrys voice kind of kills it for me though.. I love hearing MJ's voice on it. don't get me wrong, I like Barrys voice on more uptempo songs but this type of song for him - doesn't do it for me..

I'd do love Mikes parts

Is there a place where I can but the lossless version of this song! It's BEAUTIFUL ?

valeryjackson;4192615 said:

[video=youtube;1Ue3fVxlQus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ue3fVxlQus[/video]

Lyrics:

(Barry)
Now, I got a mission
The story unfolds
What the wise men have told you
Is already known
That a woman and a man
Should go by the plan
And, we find out how high we can fly

One family of love
We suffer the children
As God cries above
Any ground that I claim

So what is my life
If I don't believe?
Follow my dreams
And what of our world,
What does it become
When the damage is done?
And, you held out and said, “No,” you stand up....

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name

(Barry)
Look to heaven
An angel appears
To love and protect us
Through all of our tears

And, the gateway to peace,
It stands open wide
And, it looks like we fall
And, it burns like a flame
Any ground that I claim

So, what is my life
If I don’t believe?
Follow my dreams, take all my chances
Like those who dare

And, where is the peace
We’re searching for
Under the shadows of war?
Can we hold out, to stand up and say, “No”....?

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name

Thank you ValeryJackson, for uploading and posting Barry Gibb’s beautiful song, “All in Your Name.” It’s great to watch him and Michael while they were at work in the studio. Barry Gibb’s voice sounds much, much better when he uses his Lower Register, instead of his Upper one, in my personal opinion.

Michael, O.T.O.H., sounded amazingly gorgeous throughout the whole, entire song — especially, when he sang his parts in his ascending Upper Register — and gradually, towards the end. He just about took over the song, when repeating the line:

It’s all in the game/
It’s all in your name/
Follow me, to the gates of Paradise/
They’re the same/
It’s All in Your Name
.”

valeryjackson;4192615 said:

[video=youtube;1Ue3fVxlQus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ue3fVxlQus[/video]

Lyrics:

(Barry)
Now, I got a mission
The story unfolds
What the wise men have told you
Is already known,
That a woman and a man
Should go by the plan
And, we find out how high we can fly

One family of love
We suffer the children
As God cries above
And, the giving, not the taking,
With hearts open wide
Any ground that I claim

So, what is my life
If I don't believe?
Follow my dreams,
And, what of our world?
What does it become,
When the damage is done?
And, you held out, you said “No,” you stand up....

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name

(Barry)
Look to heaven
An angel appears,
To love and protect us
Through all of our tears
And, the gateway to peace
It stands open wide
Any ground that I claim

So, what is my life
If I don't believe?
Follow my dreams,
And, where is the peace
We're searching for
Under the shadows of war?
Can we hold out, and stand up and say, “No”
....?

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name

What a beautiful song this is!!! I just love the vocals on “All in Your Name,” especially, when Michael sang his parts of the verses. Barry Gibb did a great job in writing it, and he sings much, much better in his Lower Register,* than in his Upper one. (*That’s just my personal opinion of his singing-voice.)

Michael, O.T.O.H., sounded just absolutely gorgeous in the way he used his voice, especially, towards the end of the song, when his voice kept on ascending even higher as the key changed each time he sang:

“It’s all in the game/
It’s all in your name/
Follow me to the gates of Paradise/
They’re the same/
It’s All in Your Name
....”

I was just reminded that this song exists. I just watched the video twice and both times Michael's vocals at the end brought me to tears. Absolutely unbelievable.
I'm a broken record on this but I really don't like duets. They hardly ever work, imo. But I love this one. It has everything and so does the video. And Michael looks so into it. He's lost in his 'making music' world. At least, that's what it looks like to me. And that makes me cry as much as the song, his vocals, his performance, the way Barry looks at him at the end, Michael's gentle backing vocals at the start, his little hand movements, when Michael is doing his vocals and he's doing the 'crying pleading' thing with his voice ...

The whole thing just gets to me ...

I'm a broken record on this but I really don't like duets. They hardly ever work, imo. But I love this one. It has everything and so does the video. And Michael looks so into it. He's lost in his 'making music' world. At least, that's what it looks like to me. And that makes me cry as much as the song, his vocals, his performance, the way Barry looks at him at the end, Michael's gentle backing vocals at the start, his little hand movements, when Michael is doing his vocals and he's doing the 'crying pleading' thing with his voice ...

The whole thing just gets to me ...

YES!! All of this. Every last bit of it. I feel exactly the same way. Watching him sing this, the way he slaps his leg while he sings, claps his hands, the way he holds his hand, omg. All of it is just BEAUTIFUL (and other things... I'm still me lol). But I'm glad you point out how Barry looks at him, because that is also so touching.

Btw, I love the description of the "crying pleading thing" with his voice. Whenever he does that omg 😭

This is why we need more studio footage. What James Ingram describes here is pure gold

I especially like that he notes that most other artists stand still in the studio to preserve breath. So MJ did PYT and sang it perfectly without losing breath. The thing that tops it off is that he humbly asks if it was ok 😂

If Rolling Stones sees this footage he moves up 50 places on the basis of one song.

Last edited:
This is why we need more studio footage.
I just want loads of studio footage. It doesn't seem like too much to ask. It clearly is but it shouldn't be. If we can't have footage could we at least have more photos and some audio clips?

Please!

What James Ingram describes here is pure gold
Did you post this one before or is it a different one? Seems familiar. Doesn't matter, it's truly is gold. Loved it. LOVED it.

I especially like that he notes that most other artists stand still in the studio to preserve breath. So MJ did PYT and sang it perfectly without losing breath. The thing that tops it off is that he humbly asks if it was ok 😂
My fave bit. Reminds me of the Marsha Ambrosius anecdote. Michael has to take time out of the recording process - er, to go and be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or something equally prestigious - and he asks her if it's OK for him to do that. :ROFLMAO:

This is why we need more studio footage. What James Ingram describes here is pure gold

YESSSS I love this clip!! His use of his body while singing is something that should be studied. It is so tremendous. I would kill for studio footage of PYT, honestly. Also, Michael asking if it was ok... could he get more adorable? ugh. my heart.

If Rolling Stones sees this footage he moves up 50 places on the basis of one song.
😂

In all seriousness, when I first became a fan I started watching the Chris Liepe videos on YouTube that break down Michael's multi-tracks with a focus on the vocals. That is when I realized just how truly phenomenal of a vocalist he is. So far every one of his videos have blown my mind with what it teaches me about Michael's vocal abilities. I often think if anyone ever questions his singing, they need to watch those.

Reminds me of the Marsha Ambrosius anecdote. Michael has to take time out of the recording process - er, to go and be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or something equally prestigious - and he asks her if it's OK for him to do that. :ROFLMAO:
I just watched that clip a couple days ago and it made my heart explode with love lol.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED 😂
oh, sudden thought. Did you catch the little audio clip of Michael talking about Stevie? It's a tiny little thing, only 1m 45s or something like that. He's talking about how much he loves Stevie as an artist but Michael's voice is ... hm, I can definitely hear 'staywild' elements in there.

oh, sudden thought. Did you catch the little audio clip of Michael talking about Stevie? It's a tiny little thing, only 1m 45s or something like that. He's talking about how much he loves Stevie as an artist but Michael's voice is ... hm, I can definitely hear 'staywild' elements in there.
BUMP IT IMMEDIATELY

Lyrics:

(Barry)
Now I got a mission
the story unfolds
what the wise men have told you, is already known
that a woman and a man
should go by the plan
and we find out how we can fly

One family of love
We suffer the children
As God cries above
Any ground that I claim

So what is my life
If I don't believe
Follow my dreams
And what of our world
What does it become
When the damage is done
And you held out, you said no, you stand up

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name

(Barry)
Look to Heaven
An angel of peace
To love and protect us
Through all of our tears
And the gateway to peace
It stands open wide
And it looks like we fall
Any ground that I claim

So what is my life
If I don't believe
Follow my dreams
And where is the peace
We're searching for
Under the shadows of war
Can we hold now, and stand up, and say no

(Michael)
Only God knows
It's all in your name
They're the same
It's all in your name
Powerful song. MJ really puts his feelings into his part. Very underrated and overlooked song that is truly moving.

Sad it never really have gotten a proper release.

I must admit I like the video more than the song really. I can of course hear MJ's vocals are great and the song and the history behind the song is sweet. I can not put a finger on it, but this song has never really been a favorite of mine... - I love The Bee Gees and Berry, so everything should be perfect. But a little like the Just Good Friends with Stevie Wonder. Everything is is place for a great hit, still it does not really do much to me.

On paper it sounds like this would be an epic collaboration but...... I found the actual song a bit mediocre.

I've heard better vocals from MJ but they are still decent , Barry Gibb though? Wtf was that all about ha.

The 'bridge' section is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life apart from the recent rolling stones top 200 list.

Back