Moonwalker question. Undocumented alternate version?

Snake2J

Proud Member
So this has bugged me for years and I can find absolutely no information about this anywhere so hopefully somebody here can shed some light on this,

I had seen Moonwalker on VHS on both the official PAL home release and censored TV version a kid. On both versions at the beginning of the retrospective segment there was a voice over that clearly said "Michael Jackson is the first artist in the history of music to generate FIVE number one singles off one album"

However on both the DVD and BluRay the voiceover says SIX number one singles. It stuck out to me because I had seen Moonwalker so many times that I was so used to hearing him say five. So is this correct, was there a rerelease at some point that is simply not documented anywhere?

What made it even stranger was when Katy Perry supposedly broke his record, and that record was reported as five no.1 singles off one album. But the DVD and blu rays say six? So confusing.

I had a VHS copy where you could hear the "swoosh" opening/closing noises of the teeth in Leave Me Alone, but I dont remember the difference in records.

In the DVD releases I have there are no sound effects as Michael floats towards the mouth.

If you listen closely to the one (most commonly heard) that says "six" you can hear what sounds like an 'F" before the six.. so if you listen close you'll hear "fsix"

It can't be six, no album - not even Bad - has generated 6 #1 Singles. Additionally, Katy Perry only tied Michael's record, she didn't break it.

Back