Is There A Type Of Music You Wish MJ Would Have Explored More?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
Personally I wish Mike would have explored Latin music a little more, especially classical guitar driven Spanish.
When he did exploit it a little on Whatever Happens with Santana, it was nothing short of magic.

With that being said one thing I loved about Michael's music is it's global feel

Are there any regions or types of music you wish he would have tried?

Country, since his mother was a fan of it and the brothers have said they sang country songs in Gary, Indiana. The beginning of Destiny (the song) has a country vibe to it. With a different arrangement, I can see Time Waits For No One as a country song too. I also wonder what it would sound like if Mike did a Latin Freestyle type song or acid jazz.

Well because Michael wanted to do things in the Classical realm, I would have liked to see what he would have put together.. Aside from that, he was so verse throughout the years I can't really think of a genre I would have liked him to go down some more.. Some unplugged versions of his songs, or new songs where very intimate with vocals being the focal point.

Nah, pretty happy that he mastered pop, rock, gospel, soul, r&b, dance, disco.

That's enough for me ;)

Well because Michael wanted to do things in the Classical realm, I would have liked to see what he would have put together.. Aside from that, he was so verse throughout the years I can't really think of a genre I would have liked him to go down some more.. Some unplugged versions of his songs, or new songs where very intimate with vocals being the focal point.

Cool point. I would have loved some unplugged versions too, some of George Michael's are flawless. I would love to hear Michael do similar, I have no doubt it would have been magic

Nah, pretty happy that he mastered pop, rock, gospel, soul, r&b, dance, disco.

That's enough for me ;)

Very true

It's the greedy fan in me that wants just a little bit more. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still more than satisfied with all he's given us :chillin:

Classical because I got a taste of Michael's classical music with Seeing Voices and I'd love more, but other then that I'm happy with the genres he explored already.:D

Country because it's my favourite genre and I don't think Michael ever did a country song. He touched on every other genre from pop to rock to gospel to funk to disco to new jack swing to latin to soul to R&B to hip hop but never country and that is a big shame.

It's not really commercial, but I think a Mediæval Bæbes style ancient tune would be interesting. They do the kind of music you'd hear at a Renaissance Faire. Sting did an album like that a few years ago.

I wish Michael had done more neo soul stuff like butterfly and break of dawn. I really hope there are some neo soul songs recorded from the last period of his life

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back