Philosophy: Michael Jackson's view of man

Steven1990

Proud Member
Every culture, every religion and every person has a certain view of man. This view tells us something about the way this certain culture, religion or person thinks of the nature of man, what he is in essence, what he is here for, what the purpose of man is, et cetera.

There are different aspects to the view of man. Since I'm doing a philosophy minor course, called philosophy of life, I had to research the views of man from different perspectives. For this I have interviewed someone close to me whom I look up to and who, in my opinion is very knowledgeable. This gave me new insights in how you can perceive man, whether you take a look at it from a religious point of view or not.

This view is always influenced by experiences, people around you (like family and friends), religion, philosophies and other aspects that matter in your life. This means that some believe that it is our destiny to fulfil a promise, or that we are doomed. Others believe that life does not have any purpose in itself, you need to give it purpose.

This view of man can be quite interesting when you look at different aspects, like how you learn, what man is, what our purpose is, what we need to do, how we deal with problems, how we are in relationship with other people, how we relate to to other people, how we relate to nature, to art; how we were made, et cetera.

We've been getting and reading lots of information about Michael Jackson, of which some information was not reliable coming from untrustworthy sources. Other pieces of information were relevant and true. From all this information we can extract information to gather Michael Jackson's view of life.

Why is this so interesting? We all have have a certain viewpoint, whether you deliberately choose to have it or not. It's always there. This image helps us to categorise information we get. It also helps us to understand everything around us. Sometimes understanding the world around can be problematic (''why did he do that? I don't understand why she wants to travel alone! Refugees should always be offered a safe place to life, to name a few examples - not necessarily my beliefs though).

In difficult situations it might be helpful to turn to other views from other people to get inspired. Since we all love Michael Jackson, it might be interesting and relevant for us to write down Michael Jackson's view of man.

If you like this idea, I'd like to invite you to join in and help create the image of man Michael Jackson had. As mentioned before, this is quite a wide spectrum. The result is a beautiful work that summarises Michael Jackson's image of man. Please use reliable sources to get your information from, like quotes from interviews, lyrics, etc.

If this works, and people like this, we can create a similar piece for his view of life, the world, etc.

So let's get started!

Request/tip: to keep this organized it will be helpful to categorize your entry. So if you refer to a quote by Michael Jackson and you explain what he meant, you can give it a title or heading using the category it belongs to.
Furthermore, please respect other people's interpretations of Michael Jackson quotes and lyrics. Generally, there is no wrong or right, as long as there is a reliable source you refer to and you can give a clear description of what you mean.

Example:

Category: The purpose of man
Quote/source: ''We are here to change the word. We're on a mission.'' ''If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change''

Account/description: What Michael Jackson says here is that man is on a mission. There is something we need to do. We are here for a certain reason, to make a change. This change, according to Michael Jackson, starts with yourself. So every individual needs to reconsider his actions and make the change himself, irrelevant of other people doing it too, or not.

Last edited:
Back