The Estate "has numerous projects in development."

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Full statement from the Michael Jackson Estate:

"To clear up any confusion or misperceptions about unsanctioned Michael Jackson projects currently in the news -- including a Lifetime television movie and an animated film script recently purchased by Netflix -- the Estate of Michael Jackson does not license or permit the use of any rights it owns, including to Michael’s music, images, video and films, for use in unauthorized works seeking to exploit Michael's legacy. The Estate itself has numerous projects in development, all of which respect, honor and celebrate Michael’s life and legacy along with his extraordinary artistry that touched fans throughout the world. When the executors are ready to announce them, they will. As Michael said countless times about his own work, the quality goes in before the name goes on."

Here's a link to the article.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7801378/michael-jackson-estate-issues-statement-not-sanctioning-lifetime-and

Given the comments by John Landis, one of them has to be Thriller 3D.

I'm hoping the other one is a studio album, as Orianthi's involvement with the Estate is still unexplained.

what a tease.. stop ryan seacrest us! lol

And the winner is.... find out after these messages

What I hope we'll get (But probably won't)

BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 on Blu Ray
Dangerous Tour 1992 with BAD and The Way You Make Me Feel on Blu Ray
Ghosts on Blu Ray
A puppy
The Making Of Thriller on Blu Ray
The Moonwalker Video Game (Arcade version) available on PSN and XBox Live for download
Free Ice-Cream
Destiny, Triumph and Victory Tours on Blu Ray
All of MJ's short films on Blu Ray. With the original version of Blood On The Dance Floor included
One Night Only Rehearsals

I wasn't talking about the video. I was talking about the song.

Wasn't the original version just an instrumental that teddy Riley made? I mean, I'm sure there's earlier versions but I don't think they're all that different.

What I hope we'll get (But probably won't)

BAD Tour 1988 or 1989 on Blu Ray
Dangerous Tour 1992 with BAD and The Way You Make Me Feel on Blu Ray
Ghosts on Blu Ray
A puppy
The Making Of Thriller on Blu Ray
The Moonwalker Video Game (Arcade version) available on PSN and XBox Live for download
Free Ice-Cream
Destiny, Triumph and Victory Tours on Blu Ray
All of MJ's short films on Blu Ray. With the original version of Blood On The Dance Floor included
One Night Only Rehearsals

You're asking too much, especially that puppy, the estate will never be able to give you that.

Wasn't the original version just an instrumental that teddy Riley made? I mean, I'm sure there's earlier versions but I don't think they're all that different.

I meant the original version that was released to the public. Everytime the short film for BOTDF has been released on DVD it never comes with the original released song. It always has some remix version of the song.

You're asking too much, especially that puppy, the estate will never be able to give you that.

I think we have better chance of getting a puppy than getting BAD Tour 88 on Blu Ray

Everytime the short film for BOTDF has been released on DVD it never comes with the original released song. It always has some remix version of the song.

The original version was released on the Number Ones DVD, was it not?

I bet some more footage from TII will be part of what the estate will release, just from a general public perspective it is highly valuable.

I think it's most likely that the MJ Estate are planning for projects to coincide with June 25th 2019 - Orianthi could be involved with something related to a TII 10th anniversary release. Hopefully a BluRay with additional footage will be released.
Also, it would be fantastic to have an official tribute concert, an official tribute single, and a new official film, but that's a lot of releases for a single year so perhaps it won't happen. whatever happens though, 2019 needs to be a big MJ year!

Thriller may be re-released before 2019 but - do know for sure that it's in the works.

As somebody else mentioned I would love to see the Moonwalker arcade game made available again. Retro games have become very fasionable over the last few years, with some being reworked with more modern graphics etc, and others just made available in the original state. The latter would require next to no effort but would require the agreement of Sega. When MJ died and 'The MJ Experience' game became a very big seller I had hoped that we'd see Moonwalker released too but it didn't happen. I wonder if there were legal blockers that prevented it from happening.

I don't think we'll see a new album any time soon - Branca said as much himself.

I think it's most likely that the MJ Estate are planning for projects to coincide with June 25th 2019 - Orianthi could be involved with something related to a TII 10th anniversary release. Hopefully a BluRay with additional footage will be released.

I'd rather they release something TII related on the day the first show was meant to happen. Feels morbid to be releasing something on his death day...

When MJ died and 'The MJ Experience' game became a very big seller I had hoped that we'd see Moonwalker released too but it didn't happen. I wonder if there were legal blockers that prevented it from happening.

It's possible. The music licensing is a really big factor for games like this. About 2-3 years post-release, I remember MJTE was taken off both the Xbox Live Store & iOS App Store, very likely because their licensing had expired.

Thriller may be re-released before 2019 but - do know for sure that it's in the works.

Branca already said they were celebrating Thriller's 35th anniversary with 'something'. That may have changed since of course.

It would have been nice if the estate had allowed Michael’s music to be used in the Bubbles film because I'm sure it will be respectful to his artistry and legacy as Taika Waititi did on his 2010 film Boy (if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it.) In case you're wondering what Bubbles is, credit to HIStoric for the info:

HIStoric;4183537 said:
Well, any worries I had about this film have gone out the window. Taika Waititi, the incredible director behind Boy, Hunt for the Wilderpeople (one of 2016's greatest films - seriously) and the upcoming Thor film is directing the Bubbles film.

For those of you who don't know, Waititi is arguably New Zealand's greatest film director and is a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. I mean HUGE, and he's made no attempt to hide this as you can see in his 2010 film Boy, where he made Michael Jackson a center figure in the film. The main character Boy looks up to Michael Jackson with great admiration in the film and it's represented numerous times in the film. Additionally, as you can see from his statement below, he's not comfortable with telling a story that's disrespectful to Michael, or even focuses on Michael.

I'm actually looking quite forward to this film now! I'm so glad a filmmaker as great as Waititi who has a huge appreciation and understanding for Michael Jackson is helming it.

---------

Taika Waititi's Statement:
“It’s an idea that fascinates me and one I want to develop further,” Waititi, who made Michael Jackson a central figure in his 2010 award-winning film Boy, said.

“Most people know I’m a huge Michael Jackson fan, so the main thing for me is to make sure it’s respectful of him and his legacy. I’m not interested in making a biopic; I want to focus on telling a story that blends fact and fantasy, about an animal trying to make sense of the world.

“This film is not about Michael Jackson because that’s not a story for me to tell – or a story I’d be comfortable telling – it’s about a chimpanzee’s fascinating journey through the complex jungle of human life.

“I think animation is the only way to approach a story like this. I really loved Anomalisa because it was beautiful and authentic in its meditation on loneliness. I’m really excited to be working with Dan Harmon and Starburns as we share similar sensibilities and want to tell human stories in unique and artistic ways.”

E6a17Ri.jpg

Netflix Lands Michael Jackson Pet Chimp Film, ‘Bubbles’

Netflix strikes again.

The streaming leviathan is closing in on a blockbuster deal for “Bubbles,” a stop motion animated film about Michael Jackson’s pet chimpanzee that is selling at this year’s Cannes Film Festival market. The simian story is brought to audiences by Taika Waititi, who directed “The Hunt for the Wilderpeople” and the upcoming “Thor:Ragnarok.” It’s co-directored by Mark Gustafson (“Fantastic Mr. Fox”).

Deadline first reported the news. An insider says the pact is for worldwide rights and the figure is just under $20 million.
http://variety.com/2017/film/markets...on-1202431576/

I mean, it'd be so nice to hear more songs in a feature film other than Bad. Perhaps Leave Me Alone and Liberian Girl since Bubbles appeared in those shorts.

Last edited:
The one thing I will never watch again is TII. It was important back then to put it out for everyone to say goodbye. But it was just horrible to watch him in that state. I can't really see the point in re-releasing something like this. There should be better things to celebrate.

And why is that Estate so damn anal about working together with other people doing MJ related projects to celebrate his legacy. That Lifetime movie is probably nothing I will watch because I just hate impersonators (apart from Michael Trapson :D), but this isn't some amateur project. If they would contribute to this being done well, it would do Michaels legacy well. Same with a cartoon Bubbles movie, this one actually sounds like a nice idea. Instead they give us trashy dancing video games and circus shows....

Last edited:
I think it`s pretty clear that this year will be Thriller celbration. I don`t expect more for this year but in the upcoming 2 years. Michaels 60 birthday and the 10th anniversary of Michael death.

I think it's clear that it is not new music.. "not in the foreseeable future" was the term they said? If that's the case these projects will be based off of current releases. which could be anything else

I want an MJ Just Dance game (not MJ The Experience 2).
It could have all of the songs from MJ The Experience but with new/different choreo done by the people that do the choreo for just dance.
There would also be new songs on the game (from like Xscape or something) that weren't on MJ The Experience plus DLC (downloadable content) for any other MJ songs.

It would be a hit I'm sure.
Just Dance is a very very popular game.
Just imagine dancing to Heartbreaker!:D

Concerts, nice video quality and properly PROPERLY mastered audio, please.

Oh, and a HD video collection, including the proper Blood on the Dance Floor and HIStory films!

I would love a whole dvd showing mj recording the dangerous album that is if there is footage of that

The song was recorded and worked on in 91 by teddy and michael, not just an instrumental that teddy made. The first version is said to be much more funkier.

Back