Dark Universe (Universal Monsters Rebooted Series)

NuTNC

Proud Member
After The Mummy rebooted version of the Dark Universe series is set for release on this June 4th.
Soon the turn of Frankenstein "Bride of Frankenstein" will be released in 2019.

There are new surprises happen
The Mummy
  • Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll (aka Mr. Edward Hyde - Monster from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in 1931)
Other
  • Johnny Depp as Dr. Jack Griffin (aka The Invisible Man - Monster from The Invisible Man in 1933)
  • Javier Bardem as Frankenstein (Monster from Frankenstein in 1931)

Video
Monsters Legacy

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the originals. I like all of them but my favorite is The Mummy. Boris Karloff is amazing as Imhotep. Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man and The Wolf Man are also very good.

These new movies can be good if they are done right. The new Mummy movie that is coming soon hasn't really got me excited. The modern day setting feels very boring. I hope they make Creature from the Black Lagoon remake at some point.

Here is the cast photo:
Screen_Shot_2017_05_22_at_1.43.14_PM.0.png

Javier Bardem as Frankenstein (Monster from Frankenstein in 1944)

Frankenstein came in 1931.

Last edited:
Q: what fav The Mummy versions of Universal era?
  1. 1932-1955: Beginning era
  2. 1999-2015: Scorpion King era
  3. 2017-Present: Dark Universe era

Q: what fav The Mummy versions of Universal era?
  1. 1932-1955: Beginning era
  2. 1999-2015: Scorpion King era
  3. 2017-Present: Dark Universe era

I can't decide between the first and second era. The 1932 movie is great but I haven't seen the sequels. They haven't released them even on a DVD here. The 1999 movie and the first sequel are good. Fun to watch and I really like the tone. The Scorpion King was also fun. The sequels don't look interesting at all so I haven't seen them.

Last edited:
It looks like they want Dwayne Johnson as The Wolf Man and Angeline Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein as rumored long time ago:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...el-like-universe-mummy-monster-flicks-1008839

Jolie would be great as The Bride so I hope that happens. I'm not sure about The Rock as The Wolf Man. I hope they get someone who is more like Lon Chaney Jr. in the original. Benicio del Toro was good in the 2010 remake. I liked how they didn't use too much CGI in that.

Last edited:
Back