Bombing at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK.

MJJ'slilgrl

Proud Member
On the 22nd of May 2017, about 10:30pm UK time, a bomb exploded in the foyer after pop singer Ariana Grande ended her Dangerous Woman concert. It has been confirmed as a terrorist attack.
22 people have been confirmed dead, the youngest being only eight years old :cry:, more than 50 have been injured and are being treated at several different hospitals, and several more are declared "missing."
The attack was timed to happen as people were leaving the main hall, and entering the foyer.
Several children are being looked after by the local Holiday Inn hotel, and people nearby have opened up their homes.

I am absolutely disgusted by this, and so upset. These are children! But I am so proud of the way the city has pulled together; taxi drivers are giving people free rides; people are opening their homes to strangers; so many people have lined up to donate blood that the hospitals have told them to leave as they have more than enough, almost £10,000 has been raised to help the families of the victims and the survivors, and another campaign is underway to help a homeless person who saved two children get accommodation.
It has been said that we see the best in humanity after we've seen the worst, and I truly believe that.
Here are some links if you wish to find out more, but be warned; the videos and content may be upsetting.

http://http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/24/manchester-bombing-timeline-how-the-attack-unfolded-6657651/

http://http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/pls-help-frantic-parents-hunt-missing-kids-manchester-concert/

http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

Sending up prayers for those kids/concert goers, their loved ones, and Ariana Grande.:angel:
Rogers.jpg

I agree, these kids doesn't deserve any of this.

Now the NHL and NBA playoffs are beefing up security in Canadain Tire Centre in Ottawa and Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland, PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh and TD Garden in Boston are gonna do the same. MSG in New York and MTS Centre in Winnipeg also beefed up security.

I don't blame them, PoP; we have extra security here, too. It's so devastating; people are afraid to leave their homes.
Thank you for the kind words, Pink. I don't live in Manchester, but we are all sending our love.
I can't imagine how Ariana must feel; unsurprisingly, she's cancelled the rest of her tour.

I also neglected to mention that the attacker died in the explosion; he used a backpack nail bomb, and police are trying to figure out whether or not he acted alone.

"You Are Not Alone" was playing in the arena when the bomb exploded, very eerie. My heart goes out to the victims' families. :cry:

I hope Ariana will recover from this. I'm not really a fan but she is a nice girl and something like that can scar you for life. I hope that isn't the case and Ariana can eventually move on from this.

"You Are Not Alone" was playing in the arena when the bomb exploded, very eerie. My heart goes out to the victims' families. :cry:

Oh wow that's actually real then. I saw on Instagram an image posted by a MJ Fanclub claiming that fact, I kinda just rolled my eyes and thought it was a baseless rumour, that some annoying MJ fan was just trying to bring MJ into everything but nope, real. YANA really was playing.

This is so terrible, it brings me to tears each time I see something about it on the news here, which is an awful lot. I think it's hit so hard for me personally because of how young the victims are. I know it's terrible for anybody to lose their lives like this but these are just kids enjoying life and enjoying music which is something that I hold so dear to my heart. That was me 10 or 15 years ago, not a care in the world and happy as hell that I'd just seen my favourite idols performing. Some of my happiest memories as a teen. It's hard to fathom that anybody has the capability to be so evil and kill people like this. So senseless and life changing for so many.

The people of Manchester have been absolutely amazing, not to mention the incredible emergency services we have here who deserve every single bit of praise they get.

22 people, including children, went to a pop concert and never made it home. Imagine that? 59 others sent to hospital. For what? A sick twisted idea carried out by a sick bastard.

I can't begin to know what any one affected is going through, and all will carry scars for the rest of their lives. I know how sick I felt as the story unfolded on Monday night. As someone who's favourite pastime is to go to a show, it's beyond thought. But this is so much more than a concert attack. This moron focused on killing and injuring children.

Oasis, Stone Roses, The Smiths, Joy Divison, New Order, etc. Play them loud and remember.

I've just heard on the news that 8 people are in custody in relation to the attack.
HIStoric, I was unaware that only the European leg had been cancelled. I don't know when she's due to perform again, but I hope she can have some time to heal first.

I have heard rumours that she is offering to pay for the victims' funerals. Ariana herself hasn't said anything, so until she does, I will take it with a pinch of salt. It would be very sweet of her, but of course, she is not obligated.

This has shaken me to my core. What's really heartbreaking is the victims who have died have not all yet been identified. I can't imagine how their friends and family must be feeling, not knowing whether their loved ones are dead or alive.

There will be a minute silence this morning at 11:00am UK time.

Last edited:

:cry: :cry: ........its as if michael was there helping them and warning them :(

The fact that You Are Not Alone happens to be playing is the least significant thing about that video.

HIStoric, I was unaware that only the European leg had been cancelled. I don't know when she's due to perform again, but I hope she can have some time to heal first.

Me too.

What really upsets me is the fact that children as young as 8 were killed. They never got to experience so many wonders of life; their first kiss, first relationship, sneaking out to see friends, graduating high school/uni, learning to drive a car, moving out, having a family, travelling around the world on their own, experiencing true love... they were robbed of any chance of making these memories :(

Thread cleaned.

What a nasty turn this thread took, thanks to all that reported the posts and bought them to our attention, they will be dealt with accordingly.

Thanks.

Glad I didn't see this thread go wrong.

I'm deeply disturbed by this, been to that Arena so many times (Stevie Wonder, RHCP, Killers, George Michael to name a few) and holds so many great memories. Not to mention that it could have been anyone in there and any child.

Someone from my old school was a victim.

We have to bring our kids up in this mess.

But we also have to remember that 99% of people are good and great.

Glad I didn't see this thread go wrong.

I'm deeply disturbed by this, been to that Arena so many times (Stevie Wonder, RHCP, Killers, George Michael to name a few) and holds so many great memories. Not to mention that it could have been anyone in there and any child.

Someone from my old school was a victim.

We have to bring our kids up in this mess.

But we also have to remember that 99% of people are good and great.
Sorry to hear about your old school mate. I felt sick watching it unfold on twitter, moreso because it was a concert because I know how good I feel at concerts. Its the most invincible I can feel, and I'm sure others feel the same.

These poor kids and people were cut down in such a cheap and disgusting way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glad I didn't witness this thread go wrong.
Tony, I'm deeply sorry about your friend. If you need to talk, we are all here.

There is a sweet video on the Facebook page LadBible of the people of Manchester singing "Don't Look Back in Anger" after the two minute silence today.

Manchester was bombed in 1996, I believe, and they rose from if and became stronger, and they will do it again.

Sorry to hear about your old school mate. I felt sick watching it unfold on twitter, moreso because it was a concert because I know how good I feel at concerts. Its the most invincible I can feel, and I'm sure others feel the same.

These poor kids and people were cut down in such a cheap and disgusting way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glad I didn't witness this thread go wrong.
Tony, I'm deeply sorry about your friend. If you need to talk, we are all here.

There is a sweet video on the Facebook page LadBible of the people of Manchester singing "Don't Look Back in Anger" after the two minute silence today.

Manchester was bombed in 1996, I believe, and they rose from if and became stronger, and they will do it again.

Thanks both. Just to be clear, I didn't know the person from the school, she was a current pupil aged 14 and it's a long time since I was there. I was just referencing how close to home it was.

I've got a couple of big gigs coming up soon at the Leeds Arena and I'm somewhat scared but will go. One of the gigs is The Stone Roses one of Manchester's biggest bands.

Anyway, it's not about me, some of the stories are just awful. One girls both parents who were waiting to pick her up. Heartbreaking.

Thanks both. Just to be clear, I didn't know the person from the school, she was a current pupil aged 14 and it's a long time since I was there. I was just referencing how close to home it was.

I've got a couple of big gigs coming up soon at the Leeds Arena and I'm somewhat scared but will go. One of the gigs is The Stone Roses one of Manchester's biggest bands.

Anyway, it's not about me, some of the stories are just awful. One girls both parents who were waiting to pick her up. Heartbreaking.

Im in the same boat. Im in the UK for Guns N Roses, The Jacksons, The Killers and Marilyn Manson this year, as well as the ATP Finals in London. I'll admit that a sense of doubt did cross my mind, but only slight doubt. The Killers is a huge show too, but I was very happy with security at Hyde Park last year.

As you say, it's not about us. But it just goes to show how far the ripples spread. I wouldnt blame anyone for not going to a gig now- but I would hope everyone does go. Rock on.

The UK terror threat has been reduced from "critical" to "severe".

A total of 11 eleven people have now been arrested.

Ariana Grande is going to host a benefit concert in Manchester "in honour of and to raise money for the victims and their families." It's an incredibly nice gesture, and I'm sure lots of money will be raised.

Tony and Innuendo, I don't wish to sound blase, but concerts will be very safe. Manchester is the safest place to be right now, due to all the heightened security. Again, I don't want to come off condescending; I know I would feel uneasy going to a concert right now; I felt a bit scared going into work that day, despite living nowhere near Manchester.
I hope what I'm trying to say comes across well, and I hope you enjoy your shows :)

The only time I've ever worried about it is after 9-11 and we had to fly to California for work that week.
Those few months of flying were nerve wracking.
After that I haven't stopped doing anything. We've had massacres in churches, office buildings and movie theaters and I don't think about it. We have open carry now in Texas and people can carry guns into the grocery store. I still go even though I think that's crazy.

Unfortunately, the days following a terror attack are the safest. I flew to Florida in 2005 and I was really scared.
I would fly again; I would still be scared, but it's either plane or boat to get to Florida.

The odds of dying in a car crash on a daily drive compared to flying... The chances in that car crash far out ways a flying.

Ariana was so brave at the benefit concert.
God bless her, everyone else there, and the families of those that left us too soon at the original concert in Manchester.:angel:

Back