Song Of The Week - Get On The Floor

A true masterpiece ?? Off The Wall's best song. I can't understand why Sony didn't release as a single. This song was meant to be an instant #1.

A true masterpiece 👌🏼 Off The Wall's best song. I can't understand why Sony didn't release as a single. This song was meant to be an instant #1.

If this was released as a single it would have been as icon as Don't Stop Til You Get Enough.

This thread is already sounding like a broken record player but for a VERY good reason! This song is nothing short of phenomenal. Side A on Off the Wall really were something! This song is just so enjoyable and happy, it makes me wanna get up and just dance, and for the next 4 minutes and 41 seconds, forget all of my problems and love life!! ^_^

I can't understand why Sony didn't release as a single.

Slight technicality but you mean CBS Records! They owned Epic Records at the time, Sony didn't enter the picture until 1987 :)

One of my favourite songs ever!

I don't know why it is so underrated within the fandom.

I wish we had the demo because it sounds good as well based on this remix. I love the extra verse ("there's no satisfaction in words without action").

YES YES YES!!!

That part that begins at 5:19 is pure and utter heaven!! A couple years back I was in a common room at school and listening to that on my phone, naturally I wasn't able to contain myself and was gleefully rocking about in my chair and this girl by me was like "Haha aw you look like you're having a great time!!!" and with this running through my ears, how could I not?? :D

I love this to death. All I can say is that music was so great then and I'm glad I was young and going to discos back then and able to dance with wild abandon for hours and hours-even wearing spiked heels. :)

Powerful song. Until today I have to dance to it every time I listen to it - even when I´m alone and I´m ´old´ today anyway:D.

Great mix! Love the song. Is that available some where??

Great song.

Not one I put on very often, but whenever it comes on I love it!!

One of my favourite songs ever!

I don't know why it is so underrated within the fandom.

I wish we had the demo because it sounds good as well based on this remix. I love the extra verse ("there's no satisfaction in words without action").

I found this in 2000 watts but the link does not work. Could someone please repost would love to have. Thank you very much!!!

"Get up, won't you go on, get down
Shake your body, won't you go on, get down."

So good. :D

Sorry I'm a bit late to this party :doh:
Gotta love Get On The Floor. How this and Working Day and Night weren't singles I'll never know.

It's a superb song, with a fantastic hook and the bassline is from another world (classic Louis Thunder Thumbs Johnson) Michael's playful vocals fit the tone so well.

I always find it's a shame it's "hidden" beneath Off The Wall's huge singles on the first side of the record, although I love where it's placed because the song brings so much to the vibe.

I love the lyrics, There's no satisfaction, in words without action. I'm so glad we got to hear that part.

Wow. Well I hadn't responded to this one, as to be honest as much as I love OTW, this song never really had any major connect with me, loving WDAN, BTDO, OTW a lot more.

But I went into Boots today (a U.K. Version of Walgreens) and this was playing (randomly), well my, I stopped in my tracks at its fabulousness. Hoe had I let this pass me for so long?

I can see this being like the times I suddenly rediscovered Dancing Machine or Sunset Driver.

Honestly Off The Wall is the album that keeps on giving.

Sorry I'm a bit late to this party :doh:
Gotta love Get On The Floor. How this and Working Day and Night weren't singles I'll never know.

Can I join the queue of latecomers to the party? :lol: I'll stand right behind Tony, thank you very much. SC1995, I totally agree with you - this tune and Working Day and Night should have both been singles. They are the absolute highlights of the album for me.

I love the extra verse ("there's no satisfaction in words without action").

I love the lyrics, There's no satisfaction, in words without action. I'm so glad we got to hear that part.

Oh, definitely - that third verse is truly awesome. So glad we got to hear it last year.

My fave song from OTW. It has such a 70s disco feel but is so fun to listen to.

I just love the whole "And I sure would like just to groove with you."

You can also hear him a laugh a little bit at times, which is just beyond. :wub:

Back