nhatvoone

Proud Member
Every good forum has a Lee vs Ali thread

So who'd you think would win in a fight

I personally have to say Lee , he's to fast and trained up to 6 hours a day :0

The guy knew what you were going to do before you done it

Not to mention one of his kicks to your knee and your f*****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4aRky1wmY8

the fight would really interesting simply because of the dynamic of each skills but I'll have to go with Bruce Lee in the end.. Reason, specifically because Ali was a boxer, he trained to block and move around punches.. traditionally do not need to learn to protect the lower have the same way! visually the stance is protecting mid section - upwards.. thighs down would be fairly un protected..

On the other hand, Ali strength behind his punches would heavily effect Lee.. Ali was 8 inches taller the Lee, while some would say his reach would be better but that is actually not very accurate. you'll have to consider Ali's arm length to Lee's leg length and the power of Ali's arms vs. Lee's legs.. Also field of vision, Lee would be around shoulder hight to Ali.. that means there is more body in Lees field of vision to attack than Ali.. Especially considering Alis fighting style is mid point of body - upwards.. that limits Ali's punching, knowing his style - he'd probably throw underarm body hits/upper cuts..

All in all it would be very interesting, though I love both of them - Lee's style which is basically the start of MMA has less limitations than boxing. I consider in many regards jeet kune do as the birth of true MMA

Well, I love both of them, but it is impossible to know because that fight never happened. That being said, I would to jump in a DeLorean and ask them. I know Bruce respected Ali. He loved boxing.

Off topic: His daughter Shannon hosts a great podcast called *drum roll* "Bruce Lee Podcast". :)

Back