New one episode special to premiere on Oxygen about the trial. [MERGED]

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
"'The Jury Speaks' 4-Night Event Starts July 22 At 9/8c

NEW YORK, NY – June 20, 2017 - Oxygen Media, the new network for crime fans, launches a special four-night television event about the verdicts that stunned the nation with “The Jury Speaks” beginning Saturday, July 22 at 9 PM ET/PT. The new true crime series reexamines some of the most high-profile and controversial cases in history through the eyes of the people who served on the original jury. Each night will delve into a new case including Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, George Zimmerman and Robert Durst, as jurors uncover what really happened inside the courtroom. From surviving the longest jury sequestration in U.S. history to deciding the fate of the King of Pop, each juror will reveal what led them to their decision, if their vote would change today and how the aftermath of their verdicts subjected them to public ridicule, harassment and scorn.

“‘The Jury Speaks’ is a fantastic addition to our diverse slate of true crime programming offering viewers a fresh perspective on some of the most highly publicized trials in American history,” said Rod Aissa, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and Development, Oxygen Media. “The series will allow viewers to hear straight from the people whose decisions ignited controversy and sparked a heated debate at the water coolers and in homes across America.”

Saturday, July 22 at 9 PM: “The Jury Speaks: Michael Jackson”

The four-night event begins with accounts from Raymond Hultman, Tammy Bolton, Melissa Herard, Paulina Coccoz and Joseph Gastelo the jury who found music icon –Michael Jackson not guilty of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor who frequented his infamous Neverland Ranch. But now, after the emergence of new accusers and hard truths about Jackson’s troubled childhood and tragic death, do they stand by their decision today?

Sunday, July 23 at 9 PM: “The Jury Speaks: O.J. Simpson”

People think they know what happened when OJ Simpson was found not guilty for the brutal murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman but hear straight from jurors Lionel Cryer, Yolanda Crawford, David Aldana and Jeanette Harris as they recount the horrors of 10 months in sequestration and how the stress and isolation they faced affected America’s most controversial verdict.

Monday, July 24 at 9 PM: “The Jury Speaks: George Zimmerman”

Exploring the trial that set off the Black Lives Matter movement when George Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder in the death of unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin. Hear from Madelin Rivera, Amy Tronolone, Christine Barry, and Lauren Germain and David Ramirez as they justify the hardest decision of their lives, and recount the unforgiving criticism they received in the wake of their verdict that divided a nation.

Tuesday, July 25 at 9 PM: “The Jury Speaks: Robert Durst”

In 2015, Manhattan real estate scion and heir to billions, Robert Durst was caught on tape professing, “I killed them all.” Hear from Deborah Warren, Robbie Nelson, Joanne Gongora, Alice Walker, Elridge Darby and Glenda Brents who found the now confessed killer not guilty of murder in 2003—even after he admitted to killing his neighbor Morris Black in self-defense and throwing his dismembered body parts in Galveston Bay, TX. Find out the reasoning behind their verdict and how they would revote knowing what they do today.

Additionally, “The Jury Speaks: Robert Blake” will be available on VOD beginning Sunday, July 23 where viewers can hear from four of the jurors who found Hollywood legend, Robert Blake not guilty of first-degree murder in 2005 after his wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley, was found shot execution style outside of an Italian restaurant. The jury still wrestles with their controversial verdict more than a decade later.

“The Jury Speaks”is partnering with social news aggregation and discussion website, Reddit the week of premiere. During each episode, a juror from the case will host a forum where Reddit users will have the unique opportunity “to ask them anything.”

“The Jury Speaks” is produced by Glass Entertainment Group with Nancy Glass, Jon Hirsch, J.C. Mills and Eric Neuhaus serving as Executive Producers."

Edit: here's a link to the article.
I'm only linking because the article has the trailer with it and I can't embed.
http://www.oxygen.com/the-jury-speaks/blogs/the-jury-speaks-4-night-event-starts-july-22-at-98c

Last edited:
Re: New one episode special to premiere on Oxygen about the trial.

This is disgusting. They obviously won't know anything about the facts of the Robson
and Safechuck cases and they will judge him based on that?
And Hultman was one of the jurors who wanted to profit from the guilty verdict
and made the most ridiculous argument about Brett Barnes and those never-happened 365 days
of bedsharing.

I don't know whether it's just for dramatic editing but in the trailer
the female juror who previously said that MJ's love for kids was pure
said "Michael Jackson was not the person we all believed he was"
If this is the result of Robson/Safechuck and the media's repeatedly smear campaign
it's beyond tragic. Such totally bullshit cases convince even the most ardent
defender that MJ's love for kids was not pure and he molested them. Just crazy.

Also what does his troubled childhood and death have to do with
the facts of the Arvizo case? This is yet another attempt to slander him.

Whenever I see the media call Neverland infamous I think about David Nordhal
and Brad Sunberg and Rob Swinson and all those other people who created
the place , along with MJ over many years, and all those hundreds of people
who visited the ranch and never complained. But a few money hungry gold diggers
tells horrible lies and all of that hard work and good intentions are twisted
into something sinister.

Last edited:

^ Can you share the trailer? I tried youtube after reading your post.. no luck!

Of course I don't know how the person said that statement about "..not the person.." but reading it hints to a positive twist more so a negative to me.

^^yeah. Why don't they ask the OJ jurors if they'd vote the same way??
How stupid and salacious.

^ Can you share the trailer? I tried youtube after reading your post.. no luck!

Of course I don't know how the person said that statement about "..not the person.." but reading it hints to a positive twist more so a negative to me.

I don't think it's on YouTube quite yet.
When it does get uploaded to YT I'll post it along with the article, but for now I've linked to the article because it has the trailer with it.

And Hultman was one of the jurors who wanted to profit from the guilty verdict
and made the most ridiculous argument about Brett Barnes and those never-happened 365 days
of bedsharing.

Yes, that was not just shocking but INSANE.
I saw him on CNN saying .... 365 straight days...., WTF? And this person was one of the jurors considering the fate of an accussed man?

I'm not able to view the trailer, just says it's not available.

I wouldn't expect this to be to objective, no matter what the jurors said, and as respect mentioned re: editing, there probably will be a fair amount of that. Oxygen is a network focusing on crime as entertainment, so not sure how objective it will be. And that juror mentioned above could have made the comment in a positive context. Sometimes what someone says in an interview can be very different from what finally airs, depending on what they decide to leave on the cutting room floor.

Also they are a subsidiary of NBC and we know how objective NBC was during the trial. :no: They even hired Gutierrez for their hit piece on MJ.
And one of their upcoming programs features our very own Nancy Grace. I think this is more "entertainment" based than anything else. Interesting that their taking comments and questions from Reddit. Maybe they thought they'd be more biased?

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...dateline-acquisition-700510/20170511oxygen01/

I am going to watch this it really will not make a different imo either because in the Michael Jackson trial they came back with the right verdict Not Guilty there was no evidence to show that Michael was guilty of this crime. Wade and James cases are all basic on lies there is no truth there we don't know if they have heard of Wade and James cases.

I wonder what can of questions will be asked of these jurors?

Last edited:

there will be no middle ground to this.. at least I don't see it being so.. it's either going to be good or bad! all depending on the agenda behind it.

there will be no middle ground to this.. at least I don't see it being so.. it's either going to be good or bad! all depending on the agenda behind it.

I agree, I think it will be an anti-MJ episode, and I am not surprised......the media is always trying different ways to degrade MJ.......this is just the latest smear job!

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I have no confidence in shows like this. They usually want a sensational and so I'm sure they will try to spin it, possibly by influencing the jurors, but certainly by influencing the edit.

Sadly the media still believe there is mileage in consistently accusing MJ of being an abuser, and perhaps many people in the media do actually believe that themselves - that would explain why they constantly abuse MJ with their inaccurate shows. I still hope that one day people in the media will realise that the most sensational story is the one that describes how the Chandlers screwed MJ over and then how several others saw the Chandler settlement as an opportunity to squeeze money out of MJ. The Arvizo's are an excellent example of that, after all seeking out legal representation and advice BEFORE you have ever met MJ himself is just one obvious example of why their case was a sham. As for Wade and Safechuck (not to mention Jane doe) there doesn't appear to be any merit in their allegations either. But of course it's easy for the show's producers to provide a pack of information to the jurors for them to read before filming begins that highlight their allegations but none of the counter evidence that we discuss here on MJJC. without the counter claims and the whole story of how the allegations have evolved over time, it would be easy for a juror who truly believed MJ was not guilty to suddenly appear on camera saying that they weren't sure the not guilt verdict was the right one. Oxygen then have a show that apparently confirms the jurors believe MJ was an abuser.
I don't think the media will change their tune any time soon because the shows that created this image of MJ as an abuser have also created an environment where it is very difficult to start broadcasting the opposite message - no channel wants to be seen to be defending an accused abuser, even with a not guilty verdict to back them up. If I was in the media I would definitely be pushing for a pro MJ show but I don't so I'll never have the chance. the MJ Estate will never do it themselves because they would rather not bring up the allegations, nor address their existence unless forced. Also any show they put together declaring MJ's innocence would instantly be dismissed by all reviewers as a puff piece. A show so easily dismissed as 'biased' and 'one sided' by the media (how ironic!) has very limited value.

According to an article I found Oxygen is the 64th most watched channel in the USA with a primetime viewership in 2016 of only 238,000 (very slightly less than 2015's figure of 289,000), despite being available to 77.5million households, so the show is likely to reach a very limited audience.

Please for the love of god someone tell me this isnt the jurours "changing their minds"?

It could easily be.....

Sadly we know the world's tabloid media will be waiting with baited breath for any soundbite from any of the jurors that they can use to make it sound as though Jackson was guilty.
The quote above is a perfect example. The juror could mean that she thinks he was guilty after all, OR she could mean that despite the character the media portrayed he was innocent.

Wouldn't the media just love to report those headlines? I can imagine it now....

"Smooth Criminal! Jurors say Jackson was guilty".

Some folk will always believe Michael is guilty! For whatever reason, comments state such. Maybe Robson and Safechuck think they are doing a grassroots campaign to change people's minds. IDK!

Besides, it is that time of the year, when Urban Legends will propagate Michael's memory. RIP Michael Jackson,

Michael-with-RED-ROSES-michael-jackson-15844157-468-500.jpg

Receiving roses at Neverland during that horrible trial. (2005)

None of this crap matters now. Michael was found no guilty, Michael is dead. Really who gives a good got damn

respect77;4197088 said:
The only two cases this jury was presented with in its totality was Arvizo and Francia, so I don't care about their (uninformed) opinions about Chandler, Robson or Safechuck..

You should be there at the Reddit forum especially if it's Hultman.

If any one of them says if Robson had said in court what he says now he would have voted guilty
they should be reminded that MJ was only indicted for molesting Arvizo not Robson
and Robson was a DEFENSE witness and there is no way an actual molester
would want his victim as the very first defense witness or any for that matter when his testimony
is not crucial to win the case. Robson's testimony was not necessary to impeach the Arvizos
or even Blanca Francia. Blanca Francia's own testimony impeached herself.

Of course it's absurd to believe that a grown man who was molested would be interested in lying
under oath to protect his molester unless he is a family member or was threatened or paid somehow
none of which is true to Robson.

And I wonder what these jurors would say about the female accuser after the DAs were so desperate to
convince them during the trial that MJ was absolutely not interested in girls only boys.

Other reasons for "reasonable doubt"...actually no doubt that the Arvizos lied:

- Janet Arvizo testifying that "Everything that was on the Bradley Miller audiotape was from my
heart" "everything there is accurate. Everything there is correct. " doesn't create a reasonable doubt? Miller interviewed them on Feb 16
so after MJ supposedly abducted them, falsely imprisoned them, licked Gavin's head on the plane, gave him and Star and Davelin
alcohol and according to the first version of their story already molested Gavin they still praised him from heart?

- Star Arvizo denying that he was ever caught with adult magazines when two employees testified that he was doesn't create reasonable doubt?

- Star and Gavin Arvizo denying that they were ever caught in the wine cellar alone when Shane Meridith testified that they were doesn't create a reasonable doubt?

- Cyntia Bell testifying that she saw everything on that plane and MJ never shared his drink with Arvizo and she served alcohol
in soda can because she knew MJ was a private drinker while the Arvizos claimed MJ shared his drink on that plane doesn't create reasonable doubt?

- Star Arvizo when asked whether he was ever caught looking at adult stuff on computers in Neverland
he denied it and said "There’s no computers in Neverland" when in fact the FBI examined 16 hard drives from numerous computers
doesn't create reasonable doubt?

- Star Arvizo saying that they were kept away from clocks and the clocks were all wrong doesn't create reasonable doubt?
He was kept away but he still knew what time they showed? What about the watch MJ gave to Gavin, that was not working
either or later MJ confiscated it?

- Star testifying that MJ couldn't hear the bell because one cannot hear it when the door is closed and Larry Nimmer
proving it that in fact the bell could be heard no matter whether the door was closed or open doesn't create reasonable doubt?

- Star telling Dr. Katz that he saw MJ rubbing his penis to GAvin's buttocks the second time he went upstairs then denied
ever saying that doesn't create a reasonable doubt?

I would like to ask Hultman exactly what was MJ guilty of? Who did he molest, how, when? Brett Barnes Wade Robson Mack Culkin defending MJ under oath doesn't pretty much create a reasonable doubt about whether they were molested? Or he would have wanted to convict him for molesting Chandler without even knowing what Chandler actually said, since he did not testify?

Such idiot biased jurors and people wonder why MJ settled.

Last edited:

So this is bad for Mike?

^ no one knows the content yet so could be good or bad.. People are more so worried that they'll get someone from the jury make it seem like that they regret there stance back during the verdict.. But that's all fear based right now, we really don't know.

So this is bad for Mike?

Anything having Ray Hultman cannot be good unless it points out the fallacies of his argument and his financial agenda
and cooperation with Stacy Brown, which of course the media never does. He wanted to vote guilty and profit from it.
Now this crook wants to claim that he was threatened and fans were sending him death threats?
Anyone can fabricate a letter like that now. He never said before that he got death threats.
And way more Americans wanted MJ to be sent to jail than see him walk. If anything
his rabid haters tried to pressure the jury to vote guilty, not to mention the media.

No doubt that the media wants the story to be that MJ was guilty and this is NBC the same
gang who employed Gutierrez for that 2004 hit piece.
They will manipulate these 5 jurors with the Robson/Safechuck allegations
when in fact they only prove that greedy people are more than willing to falsely
accuse MJ of horrible crimes, just like the Arvizos and Chandlers did.

I hate it when the trolls use the fact a couple of jurors said AFTER the trial that they thought MJ was guilty, or that they thought he might have been an abuser, but NOT guilty of abusing Arvizo (or whatever the story is at the time).

So there is a jury of 11 people (plus alternates) and the haters focus on two of them that changed their tune after the trial finished as 'proof' that MJ was guilty after all? Just how does a minority proportion of the jury believing he was guilty (despite their official verdict of not guilty) mean he actually was an abuser?? It's illogical. Surely the majority opinion should be treated as more indicative of guilt or not.

Anyway, this show will be all about convincing people that the jury themselves think they got it wrong (or at least the ones they could convince to be paid for their appearance on the show). I guess we'll never know but I wouldn't put it passed the producers to deliberately target Hultman and his ilk, offering them more money to say he thinks MJ was guilty.

A friend of mine on twitter said she was told from ppl who was involved in it that it was meant to a positive documentary bout mj and the jury of the 2005 trial

Well I hope you're information is correct. It would be a refreshing change.

MJ fans (myself included!) are a sceptical bunch because the media has been ruthless in its misrepresentation of MJ and the allegations at almost every turn for 25 years.

People that use a single jury changing sides after the trial or some singular story as "proof"... Don't let those dumb @sses bug you, (I knowww it's hard) they already have there mind made up and just looking for annnyyyy small hint of guilt to use as the "GOT HIM" factor.. In the end of the day no matter what some former employee SAYS or a jury member SAYS - the fact of the matter there was NO physical proof. You take the word against physical proof, what's the outcome every single time?

you take a decade long hunt, and the largest raid in American history and don't find anything... Enough said!

^^Hopefully you, Respect, or someone like you will be on Reddit. We need somebody calm, rational, logical and informed to be on the panel with the jurors.
Inflamed, emotional arguments (even if factual) are just chalked up to "crazy rabid fans" and ignored or ridiculed

Oh God, not again,

I hope some of the jurors will back Michael up. It will be completely messed up if they don't. That'll be integrity out the window.

But there is something I don't understand, isn't there some sort of anonymity for jurors? Are they allowed to speak about the trial? Are they allowed to earn money selling stories about the trial? In the UK, there are laws about that stuff. Shouldn't the courts try to maintain some integrity about their justice system?

A friend of mine on twitter said she was told from ppl who was involved in it that it was meant to a positive documentary bout mj and the jury of the 2005 trial

What people? Producers, writers, cameramen?

But there is something I don't understand, isn't there some sort of anonymity for jurors? Are they allowed to speak about the trial? Are they allowed to earn money selling stories about the trial? In the UK, there are laws about that stuff. Shouldn't the courts try to maintain some integrity about their justice system?

If I remember there is a law that for 60 days after the verdict they cannot do anything to profit from their
involvement.

The five jurors on the program are Raymond Hultman, Tammy Bolton, Melissa Herard, Paulina Coccoz and Joseph Gastelo.
Bolton, Herard Gastelo are in this video they all seem to be nice people

Last edited:

Respect77 you better stop getting all these A you are hitting it right on the head. A from me also.

The jury job was to look at the facts and the evidences that was presented to them from both side imo the jury came back with the right verdict Not Guilty
There was not enough evidences to say that Michael was guilty. Imo these jurors should not be talking to anybody what is the point. If Wade and his lawyers believe this will help them their are wrong because it will not. Wade defend Michael in 2003 he told the court that Michael Jackson never abuse him.

Thank you refrog for the video like i said the evidence was not there.

This jury did exactly what their was suppose to do.

Last edited:

I don't think the names of the jury members were public during the trial. So his voting couldn't have been influenced by any threats. Whether he got threats afterwards did not influence how he voted.

I don't believe for a second that he was ever threatened by any fan but he could say that someone who was in the courtroom found out where he lived either by following him or hiring a private investigator to do it.

Back