Dates Of Unreleased Tracks - Help Wanted

SeriousEffect90

Proud Member
I've always been fascinated by the catalogue of Michael Jackson tracks, both released and unreleased. Typically, information on unreleased tracks is simple to find, however, several pieces of information (specifically dates) have troubled me. Does anyone recall the dates or sessions in which the following tracks were written/recorded. If you are unable to provide a specific year, then the era will be adequate enough. Here are the following tracks:

-Broken Chair

-Ghost Of Another Lover

- 11 PM

- King Tutankhamun

- Innocent Man

- Michael McKellar: Mentioned in the Mexico deposition, so it was written at least by '93.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ?

"Broken Chair" - n/a

"Ghost of Another Lover" - early Dangerous sessions (i.e., 1989-90). This is second-hand information from someone who attended the seminar where the song was played (and subsequently leaked), so God knows if it's true.

"11pm" - Chris Cadman has this listed as a tune that was worked on for the canceled Decade compilation. If true, that would bookmark it around the same time as "Ghost of Another Lover" (i.e., 1989).

"King Tutankhamun" - no idea, though there was talk of Michael being asked to do a King Tut movie in the early 1990s.

"Innocent Man" - spring/summer 1994. Michael brought this one to Brad Buxer around the same time that they started work on "Little Susie," "D.S.," "Money," and "Stranger in Moscow".

"Michael McKellar" - this was never pinpointed definitely. I vaguely recall Joe Vogel saying it was from the Bad sessions, though he isn't the most reliable outlet on Michael Jackson, so who knows? As you said, definitely pre-1993.

Thank you so much, AlwaysThere. You possess quite the knowledge on Michael. This will prove quite useful for my project.

Do you recall any other possible tracks for inclusion on the Decade project?

I know "They Don't Care About Us", "Earth Song", "Heal The World", "Monkey Business", and "Black Or White" were considered. The album also supposedly featured numerous hit songs, as well as "Someone In The Dark", "State Of Shock", "Come Together", "This Place Hotel", and adult versions of "I'll Be There" and "Never Can Say Goodbye". Then there's "11 PM", "Ghost Of Another Lover", "Who Is It", "Strawberry Fields Forever", and "Throwin' Your Life Away" as possible tracks. The album almost seems to have evolved into HIStory. Given the time frame of June to August 1989, who knows how much material was conceived.

Also, was "The World Is No Church" project legitimate?

The song itself exists, as it was written by Walter Afanasieff ('Fall Again') and Andrea Martin, and registered with ASCAP. This, according to writing credits, would place it around the Invincible sessions, if it was even recorded at all. I've heard rumors of the aforementioned album, as well as "Stay", "Resurrection", a "pop album", "a classical album", "Decade 1980 - 1990", "HIStory Part II", and a project created during Michael's stay in Bahrain.

Sorry for the rambling... Thanks again ??

The deeper I delve into unreleased tracks territory, the more dates become questionable. Anyways, I'm still stumped in regards to the dates of the following tracks:

-Lonely Bird - Mexico Depostion, at least '93
-Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Alleged Invincible outtake
-California Grass - Mexico Depostion, at least '93
-Lucy Is In Love With Linus - Mexico Depostion, at least '93
-Changes - HIStory (?)
-Goin' To Rio: 1976 (?) Mexico Depostion, at least '93
-Little Girls - Mexico Depostion, at least '93
-Willing And Waiting - HIStory, 1994 (?)
-Revenge - HIStory (?)
-Stop The War - 1999 (?), Carole Bayer Sager/MJ track, does it even exist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back