What More Can I Give

SeriousEffect90

Proud Member
I believe that "What More Can I Give" is one of Michael's greatest songs. What is your opinion in regards to the song?

With that said, does anyone know the specific date(s) on which the song was recorded?

Thanks,
SeriousEffect90

I like the song, I don't think it's one of his greatest if I'm honest. But I'm pleased the demo has leaked for everyone who loves it
The sentiment behind it is sincere and heartfelt classic Mike

I believe it was recorded in 1999 and then again in 2001 (over dubs and another guide vocals for the other singers)

Hmmm.

It is a very sweet song, no doubt. - BUT it feels like we've heard it before...

I would prefer a MJ solo version in good quality, the one that leaked is not very good.

Not a song I hear very often to be honest. - Not that I skip it if it eventually comes on, but I do not choose it intentionally...

It is not on iTunes right? - It has never had an official release?? - So not on Spotify either I guess??

Hmmm.

It is a very sweet song, no doubt. - BUT it feels like we've heard it before...

I would prefer a MJ solo version in good quality, the one that leaked is not very good.

Not a song I hear very often to be honest. - Not that I skip it if it eventually comes on, but I do not choose it intentionally...

It is not on iTunes right? - It has never had an official release?? - So not on Spotify either I guess??

There was a time when the song was available for purchase on a website. I remember buying it. The song had some DRM with it and eventually it wouldn't play for me anymore. I think I just deleted the song for lack of being able to play it.

It's a nice song, I like it a lot, but I wouldn't say that it's one of his greatest

I actually really love this song. The sentiment is beautiful and sincere and I really think it could have been something given the chance. I've not heard it for years I don't think so I'm going to dig it out and give it a listen. :)

What More Can I Give and Invincible share the same fate. Both projects were killed by a famous record company. But WMCIG was killed because of the upcoming Invincible. Ironic, isn't it?

According to Marc Schaffel, Sony Music refused to release 'What More Can I Give' as a single (physical form) because the record company thought that this would hurt sales of the 'Invincible' album.

Also, the fact that Marc Schaffel had already made a name for himself as an adult filmmaker seems to be irrelevant in this regard.

For instance, Gregory Dark is also an adult filmmaker but his career includes shooting music videos for pop artists (like, Britney Spears).

Like many MJ projects it died a silent death but in this case I don’t care

Some of the vocal performances sound insincere and ego-driven, but I don't know how you can avoid that with all the egos involved. Not the best song, but not the worst. The song has its moments for sure.

If any money was raised from this, it would go to the filthiest people you can imagine 'managing' the funds. As we have seen with 'charities' so many times. If people knew were their money actually went there'd be outrage.

Like Hess mentioned above, it feels like something we have heard before. I get that vibe too.

In terms of marketing, I've always felt that MJ's main motivation was to fix his damaged reputation by getting the big stars behind him on this project. By doing a 'charity' single and getting some big names with him, he would gain huge reputation points with the wider public, helping repair his image with Joe Public.

Like many MJ projects it died a silent death but in this case I don’t care
18. Posts that derail threads or are not relevant to discussions. Please do not derail threads. If you are not interested in or do not like a topic that is being discussed, then do not enter the thread just to bash the topic and/or insult members interested in discussing it. Do not post phrases that do not bring value to the discussion like, “Who cares,” “Not interested,” “Who gives a f---,” et cetera.

18. Posts that derail threads or are not relevant to discussions. Please do not derail threads. If you are not interested in or do not like a topic that is being discussed, then do not enter the thread just to bash the topic and/or insult members interested in discussing it. Do not post phrases that do not bring value to the discussion like, “Who cares,” “Not interested,” “Who gives a f---,” et cetera.
God I hope you're not gonna start doing this constantly.

Reactions: xam
Do me a favor, report me and get me banned

I quite like this song. Admittedly I don't listen to it all that much. Is there a high quality version of it or is there only lower quality files?

Not sure about when it was recorded.

Back