Celine Dion covers Black Or White during a recent concert.

love ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Céline has had no shame to show how much she loves Michael before it was cool and way before Beyoncé. :D :p
[video=youtube;SmPv4hIYRzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmPv4hIYRzQ[/video]

Pink's video has a better close up but here's a more complete performance. The boy doing the rap is Céline's son, René.

[[video=youtube;arg78mLu6wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arg78mLu6wk&sns=tw[/video]

Last edited:
Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4197517 said:
Céline has had no shame to show how much she loves Michael before it was cool and way before Beyoncé. :D :p
[video=youtube;SmPv4hIYRzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmPv4hIYRzQ[/video]

Pink's video has a better close up but here's a more complete performance. The boy doing the rap is Céline's son, René.

[[video=youtube;arg78mLu6wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arg78mLu6wk&sns=tw[/video]
I was wondering-were those her twins at the end of the rap?
Cute.

haha-I just watched that "Bad" clip-she had the whole outfit and everything-when was that? She looked like she was going straight into the dance part.

I was wondering-were those her twins at the end of the rap?
Cute.

haha-I just watched that "Bad" clip-she had the whole outfit and everything-when was that? She looked like she was going straight into the dance part.

LOL IKR? I wonder if Michael ever saw this, haha. I bet he liked it, it is funny but well done and cute IMO.

Seen so many female powerhouse vocalists lose their abilities in their later years.

I won't say she nailed 'My Heart Will Go On' at the recent Billboard performance but she certainly still got the voice.

She even did the crotch grab and everything! Good on her. And she just recently wore that MJ t-shirt in public, too.

This might be the most tasteful, well done cover of MJ I have ever seen. Cudos to Celine Dion!

Very nice performance!

A little sad that this is the closest we will ever see Black or White sung live... MJ could so easily have sung it live, and it would have been so much better.

Very very nice tribute from Celine Dion - much love and respect in the performance.

Very nice performance!

A little sad that this is the closest we will ever see Black or White sung live... MJ could so easily have sung it live, and it would have been so much better.

Very very nice tribute from Celine Dion - much love and respect in the performance.

[youtube]tRpqtT4rbGg[/youtube]
[youtube]vZ5MYDlO7Ro[/youtube]
[youtube]HePpV2i0suM[/youtube]
[youtube]jByCGSr61zI[/youtube]

Singing under a very loud lead vocal backing track is not singing live. I'm sorry.

Nor is a private rehearsal. Though it's the closest we'll ever get sadly.

I'd like to see those professional singers right here nailing every single song and being part of the industry for nearly 30 years since the age of 5 and not having the vocal chords worn out and aged. Plus, having those disgusting accusations of child abuse thrown out without any evidence except the word of vindictive extortionist and having the law enforcement, the media and the rest of the people against you, no matter what you do or what you say but still trying to complete a world tour anyway.

And Céline usually doesn't sing and dance her butt off for nearly two hours of concerts.

Singing under a very loud lead vocal backing track is not singing live. I'm sorry.

Nor is a private rehearsal. [/b] Though it's the closest we'll ever get sadly.

He is still singing live underneath the playback so so he is singing live. Munich was half life (first verse and chorus) and he is singing live in those rehearsals, maybe not in front of a crowd, but live nonetheless so I still think my point stands.

^^Agree-those Dangerous rehearsals are amazing. I could watch them all day and night.
He's relaxed, happy, totally in his element and his voice sounds great.

Last edited:
He is still singing live underneath the playback so so he is singing live. Munich was half life (first verse and chorus) and he is singing live in those rehearsals, maybe not in front of a crowd, but live nonetheless so I still think my point stands.

I'd give you the rehearsals. No chance on those 'yeah he's singing live you just can't really hear it' ones.

Singing live is getting up on a stage in front of an audience with your microphone turned on. That's it, brother. Anything else has us clutching at straws. We need to just be honest with these things. Michael never played Black or White live (as far as has been documented and is freely available).

I'd give you the rehearsals. No chance on those 'yeah he's singing live you just can't really hear it' ones.

Singing live is getting up on a stage in front of an audience with your microphone turned on. That's it, brother. Anything else has us clutching at straws. We need to just be honest with these things. Michael never played Black or White live (as far as has been documented and is freely available).

It's hard for me man. For me mike def was the greatest live act from 69 - 89. He had it all, he could dance, move, be energetic and most of all sing his ass off and sound great. But then there are other instances as miming an entire tour and lipsynching live on one off performances that just makes me scratch my head. Especially when you see how awesome the dangerous rehearsal sounds it just comes off as a bit lazy. I don't know.

It's hard for me man. For me mike def was the greatest live act from 69 - 89. He had it all, he could dance, move, be energetic and most of all sing his ass off and sound great. But then there are other instances as miming an entire tour and lipsynching live on one off performances that just makes me scratch my head. Especially when you see how awesome the dangerous rehearsal sounds it just comes off as a bit lazy. I don't know.

I honestly believe his voice degraded somewhat rapidly as the Bad Tour wore on and continued to do so at pace through the 90s. That coupled with Michael's perfectionism and self-confidence. I really don't feel it's him being lazy (although I understand that's how it might appear).

I am dumbfounded however that he had the nerve to mime things like You Are Not Alone and Earth Song not just once but multiple times on award shows and television appearances. On those occasions it looks like he felt he didn't have to try anymore. Though I don't believe that necessarily was going through his head when he opted not to sing them, it can appear that way.

I don't remember exactly when Michael had a nodule surgery, if it was before the Dangerous Tour began or after the first leg ended but he was told he could either sing in the studio or live, not both. And you can tell the times he sang live in 1993 and the HIStory Tour missing many notes and struggling/in pain to breath particularly in HIStory.

Julie Andrews had failed nodule surgery in 1997, if I remember correctly ruining her vocal chords forever making her unable to sing since them. I'm thankful Michael's surgery was more successful and could continue recording the albums many of us love.

I don't remember exactly when Michael had a nodule surgery, if it was before the Dangerous Tour began or after the first leg ended but he was told he could either sing in the studio or live, not both. And you can tell the times he sang live in 1993 and the HIStory Tour missing many notes and struggling/in pain to breath particularly in HIStory.

Julie Andrews had failed nodule surgery in 1997, if I remember correctly ruining her vocal chords forever making her unable to sing since them. I'm thankful Michael's surgery was more successful and could continue recording the albums many of us love.

Indeed. As a recording artist, for me, vocally speaking, his peak is precisely the years that his live performances suffered. 1986-1996.

One thing I love about when people cover Michael.. It is so hard for them not to impersonate him! His presence was so incredible you HAVE to step into MJ's spirit to cover him.

The Jacksons, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Celine Dion - If You Only Believe (1994)

This song was on the 2300 Jackson Street album

The Tonight Show: Wheel Of Musical Impressions (2016)

1:27

Re: The Jacksons, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Celine Dion - If You'd Only Believe (1994)

:yes:
tumblr_pibezjbLJG1rw606ko1_r2_1280.jpg

Back