Is a massive "D25" box set about to be announced Monday?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexRox

Proud Member
Is "Dangerous 25" (a.k.a. "D25") about to be announced on Monday by the Estate to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of the "Dangerous" project?! It was late 1991 when the studio l.p. was released in various formats of cassette, c.d., and as a two vinyl disc set but the project lasted for two years after that! So the potential of a release might still be a year away. *********** says an announcement will be made this upcoming Monday!

Hopefully it will be an eight disc box with the original studio l.p. on c.d., a remix disc, a disc of demos, outtakes, a few previously unreleased alternative versions of some songs, a few if any re-recorded songs, and maybe three unreleased songs, a disc of instrumentals and accapellas (sp.?), a d.v.d. of a concert from Tokyo, two audio c.d.s of the show, and a new d.v.d documentary by Spike Lee! It would be most marvelous if a gorgeous hardcover full color book were included as well! Perhaps the packaging should be like "The Batman Files" hardcover book from the year 2011 (https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Mann...&qid=1499414704&sr=8-14&keywords=batman+files) contain the discs within it? The hardcover opens up from the front and held together with a magnet! It is SO far out! That would be mind-blowing!

Question is...should the cover be a lenticular or 3D cover?!

There will never be an 8 disc anniversary box set for an album.

You live in a dream world AlexRox....and 8 CDs release lol.....never gonna happen.
If a 2 cd release had happen with some new unreleased tracks i would be happy but i doubt it very much

Sorry to say but ........HELLLLL NOOOOO

Didn't John Landis say that the new Thriller project would happen in late summer?

This guy has been doing this on forums for years. Ignore him

Didn't John Landis say that the new Thriller project would happen in late summer?

Yeh but i think john is working independently on the project as i dont think the estate will have much say in it

Yeh but i think john is working independently on the project as i dont think the estate will have much say in it

I don't think anyone can do anything major that is MJ-related without the Estate having a say in it.

I don't think anyone can do anything major that is MJ-related without the Estate having a say in it.

What i mean is techincal wise its really up to john as mike aint here to have his say and really the estate is all bout legal stuff not about directing etc

I don't think it's Dangerous related, it'd be weird for them to do their lil online campaign for a week or two, then be quiet about it for 8 months and suddenly release a boxset (let alone an 8 disc boxset haha).

MJ Vibe did post this, I don't go on that fansite at all but in trying to figure out the censored source of OP, I found them and they had posted this:
Ud9m2W5.png

Given what's been going on with John Landis and Thriller, I have a pretty good feeling it's going to be that Thriller documentary that's going to air in a film festival in the next few months. They'll likely announce that, maybe a reissue of the album along with the documentary, ala Bad 25 style. If they're going to reissue the album, let's hope it actually has some new material on it and is not just a straight up reissue of the standard edition.

I bet it will be just the Thriller thing...
or something "not big" ...

If John Landis is doing anything MJ related that will use his music, the estate will have to be involved in some way. He cannot use Michael's music for any project without their approval. It's likely to be Thriller 3D since Landis has been talking about this for a few years now and there is a recent video of him from a couple weeks ago saying it will be released this summer.

Doubtful it's anything for Dangerous. That chance has come and gone. I'm still questioning why no Dangerous release happened.

If John Landis is doing anything MJ related that will use his music, the estate will have to be involved in some way. He cannot use Michael's music for any project without their approval. It's likely to be Thriller 3D since Landis has been talking about this for a few years now and there is a recent video of him from a couple weeks ago saying it will be released this summer.

Doubtful it's anything for Dangerous. That chance has come and gone. I'm still questioning why no Dangerous release happened.

John has been working with the Estate. He stated in one of these interviews that he wasn't allowed to say anything about the project because of the Estate.

The announcement on Monday will be the Thriller 3D movie/documentary.

John has been working with the Estate. He stated in one of these interviews that he wasn't allowed to say anything about the project because of the Estate.

It's funny, he says he isn't allowed to say anything but then spends the next minute saying enough that many fans are able to put together the pieces and figure out what's being worked on. Can't imagine the Estate were overly happy.

It's funny, he says he isn't allowed to say anything but then spends the next minute saying enough that many fans are able to put together the pieces and figure out what's being worked on. Can't imagine the Estate were overly happy.

I think in this scenario their relationship is more of a partnership rather than Landis working for the Estate. So really he's free to say whatever he wants. I get the impression the Estate just asked him to keep quiet about it and he agreed to honour that...to a point.

I'm still eager to hear the details though.

Somone who is said to "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Nimbus Sans L, Arial, Liberation Sans, sans-serif]live in cloud cuckoo land[/FONT]" is a person who thinks that things that are completely impossible might happen, rather than understanding how things really are"

Anyway, moving on from the completely ridiculous OP, definitely sounds like the Thriller3D project.

We'd all love your wild suggestion to be true but there is no chance. It's thriller...
We've been waiting for this announcement a long time.

Is "Dangerous 25" (a.k.a. "D25") about to be announced on Monday by the Estate to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of the "Dangerous" project?! It was late 1991 when the studio l.p. was released in various formats of cassette, c.d., and as a two vinyl disc set but the project lasted for two years after that! So the potential of a release might still be a year away. *********** says an announcement will be made this upcoming Monday!

Hopefully it will be an eight disc box with the original studio l.p. on c.d., a remix disc, a disc of demos, outtakes, a few previously unreleased alternative versions of some songs, a few if any re-recorded songs, and maybe three unreleased songs, a disc of instrumentals and accapellas (sp.?), a d.v.d. of a concert from Tokyo, two audio c.d.s of the show, and a new d.v.d documentary by Spike Lee! It would be most marvelous if a gorgeous hardcover full color book were included as well! Perhaps the packaging should be like "The Batman Files" hardcover book from the year 2011 (https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Mann...&qid=1499414704&sr=8-14&keywords=batman+files) contain the discs within it? The hardcover opens up from the front and held together with a magnet! It is SO far out! That would be mind-blowing!

Question is...should the cover be a lenticular or 3D cover?!

Have you had a stroke?

is "dangerous 25" (a.k.a. "d25") about to be announced on monday by the estate to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of the "dangerous" project?! It was late 1991 when the studio l.p. Was released in various formats of cassette, c.d., and as a two vinyl disc set but the project lasted for two years after that! So the potential of a release might still be a year away. *********** says an announcement will be made this upcoming monday!

Hopefully it will be an eight disc box with the original studio l.p. On c.d., a remix disc, a disc of demos, outtakes, a few previously unreleased alternative versions of some songs, a few if any re-recorded songs, and maybe three unreleased songs, a disc of instrumentals and accapellas (sp.?), a d.v.d. Of a concert from tokyo, two audio c.d.s of the show, and a new d.v.d documentary by spike lee! It would be most marvelous if a gorgeous hardcover full color book were included as well! Perhaps the packaging should be like "the batman files" hardcover book from the year 2011 (https://www.amazon.com/matthew-mann...&qid=1499414704&sr=8-14&keywords=batman+files) contain the discs within it? The hardcover opens up from the front and held together with a magnet! It is so far out! That would be mind-blowing!

Question is...should the cover be a lenticular or 3d cover?!

gtfoh

Why would the Estate do Dangerous25 now? If nothing substantial was done for the actual 25th anniversary (November 2016), nothing substantial will be done for the 26th. I can't tell if you're purposefully trolling or you're simply a wishful thinker.

This is almost certainly Thriller 3D. Hopefully some new tunes/demos comes with it.

Alwaysthere - and consider as of yet nothing would have been announced yet.. meaning if announced "Monday" release not til when? September 2017? That's just silly marketing.

Don't see anything coming

Sgt. Pepper

There will never be an 8 disc anniversary box set for an album.
There is a 6 disc set recently released for Sgt. Pepper by The Beatles, so that's close. :rofl: But there's actually 4 CDs, a DVD, and a Blu Ray.

Thank you DuranDuran. This has been a practice in the music industry for around a decade now. There are many l.p.s that have been expanded into huge sets before so it is not like this is unheard of. The question is why is the Michael Jackson community so uninformed of this and why would it take someone like me to bring the news of the announcement here? Could it be as I have said for many years that the Michael Jackson fan community are highly misinformed, uninformed, and are not really interested in Michael's music, catalog, and future releases and re-releases? There is constant dismissal, and personal attacks on someone who cares and is informed from certain individuals who seem to be unaware as to what can happen.

Again if you read the original post and you were informed of basic history of Michael you would know that the "Dangerous" project lasted two years. Anything can happen during that time period. Remember "Thriller 25" was about when the project happened and not its original year it was released.

There also is no reason why more than one project could not happen at one time or at least within one year such as "The Michael Jackson Experience" video game in 2010, the compilation of unreleased tracks "Michael", and the compilation of "short promotional films" "Vision" all within that year as well. If anything we know that Sony sure are not going to spend two years promoting anything which also goes back to why the Estate needs to leave this company. Hopefully whatever is about to happen will be the last harrah with them...

classic rock

Thank you DuranDuran. This has been a practice in the music industry for around a decade now. There are many l.p.s that have been expanded into huge sets before so it is not like this is unheard of.
But The Beatles are baby boomer era classic rock acts. The audiences of other genres don't want to hear 10 versions of flubbed takes of the same song and studio chatter or a mono mix. Very few acts can sell this kind of sets like The Beatles or Pink Floyd. Boomers are more likely to buy certain albums over and over like Dark Side Of The Moon. I've never seen this kind of set for an R&B act, which is what Mike's main genre is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back